PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp - Need $71,575 by Monday!

kutibah
12-27-2007, 02:36 PM
From www.ronpaulblimp.com

$71,575 needed to be raised by December 31st!

Keep the blimp flying the next month and a half! Go to RonPaulBlimp.com to sponsor the blimp now.'

Needed funds to fly until Jan 18th = $400,000 total / $ 71,575 to go by December 31st.

Needed funds to fly until Feb 18th = $800,000 total / $471,575 to go..

walt
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
uhm this conflicts earlier data that stated there was enough funds until jan 18 ALREADY.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 02:41 PM
uhm this conflicts earlier data that stated there was enough funds until jan 18 ALREADY.
They never had enough funds. The $200,000 needed was a down payment. They gave them another week or two extension on raising the full $400,000.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 02:44 PM

Keep the blimp flying the next month and a half! Go to RonPaulBlimp.com to sponsor the blimp now.'

Needed funds to fly until Jan 18th = $400,000 total / $ 71,575 to go by December 31st.

What happens if the money is not raised by Dec 31?

kutibah
12-27-2007, 02:44 PM

I'm not sure, but I think it would be "grounded" by the company they're renting it from.

Ilhaguru
12-27-2007, 02:47 PM

They never said that. I think it was pretty clear from the start.

PS: Can the blimp team send another email out? Is there some difficulty in regards to sending another email?

RP4Pres2008
12-27-2007, 02:47 PM

I thought we got one month of flying time for $400,000. The blimp has been on the ground longer than in the air from Dec 18th to now. What is up with this? :confused:

OferNave
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
We *do* get one month of time for $400k. But we haven't reached $400k yet, have we. No, we haven't. Man, bunch of whining reactionaries.

Anyone, I just threw in another $500. Let's make this happen! Best return on investment ever.

Ilhaguru
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I thought we got one month of flying time for $400,000. The blimp has been on the ground longer than in the air from Dec 18th to now. What is up with this? :confused:

We do, but we are still paying for the first month. It hasn't been 10 days since the launch, we've had two-mandatory days on the ground (xmas eve and xmas day) and a few weather days and broken parts. It ain't that bad, really, it's just that we want to see immediate results since we are on the net 24/7. It gets a little frustrating, I know, especially since we are not actually seeing the blimp, but it's out there and it's doing its thing.

Going south will minimize down time.

Jackinbox
12-27-2007, 03:10 PM
The MSM will be delighted:

"The Ron Paul grassroot movement is deflating"
"Short of money, blimp effort fail miserably"

AgentPaul001
12-27-2007, 03:11 PM
$71K is definitely within reach and the Blimp can still generate some good publicity. I'd have liked to see it in New Hampshire then in South Carolina for the Primaries, but looks like it'll be a bit earlier down south :)

kutibah
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
$71K is definitely within reach and the Blimp can still generate some good publicity. I'd have liked to see it in New Hampshire then in South Carolina for the Primaries, but looks like it'll be a bit earlier down south :)

Yeah if you recall we raised close to this amount in 1-2 days last time we needed the down payment. It is VERY reachable in 4 days!

francisco
12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
I will buy another sponsorship "soon", right after the organizers answer the questions they have been ducking for the last two weeks.

bonium
12-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Come on guys really? We are going to be so childish. Give your money, we need the blimp. If it was illegal, we'd know by now.

Besides, I doubt we as the sponsoring parties would be held liable for our small role in funding the blimp.

Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 10:17 PM
I will buy another sponsorship "soon", right after the organizers answer the questions they have been ducking for the last two weeks.

I think that ultimately is the proverbial "elephant in the room". The Blimp is a wonderful concept that we all want to succeed. It's just that this new Southern Campaign has not been fleshed out by the Blimp team. I think we all recall that the original Blimp plan was to fly past D.C., the Federal Reserve, The Tea Party, Times square on News Years Eve followed by the New Hampshire primary.

That is the vision that everyone bought into. It all fell by the wayside because apparently it suddenly dawned on the blimp team after 300k was invested that it is winter in New England and the blimp gondola does not have heat. If we assume that that was an innocent mistake and are willing to forgive the grandiose original marketing plan, the Blimp team has still not offered a vision of what we are now supposed to be buying into.

For at least a week they dangled the illusion that there was a "waiver pending" for the televison participation in the Capital One Bowl and an NFL game. The Blimp Team apparently abandoned that illusion today. So now to attract investors, the Blimp team has to offer a realistic plan that excites the masses. One that they can actually fulfill. I am honestly rooting for them and am willing to invest more money if I see one develop.

But we should stop blaming disappointed investors simply because they were fooled into thinking you could fly a blimp into the New England winter. That was the vision that was sold by the Blimp Team. The only way to salvage this thing is to rally the troops around a campaign that you can actually fulfiill, and then fulfill it.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Come on guys really? We are going to be so childish. Give your money, we need the blimp. If it was illegal, we'd know by now.

Besides, I doubt we as the sponsoring parties would be held liable for our small role in funding the blimp.

Feel the fear and do it anyway!

So what you are saying is that it is being childish to ask questions about the company before you "give your money" because "we need the blimp".

Encouraging people to disregard their gut reactions of the fear of future liability is not a good idea. Fear is an indicator of imminent threat or harm. If a very small subset of the grassroots people are having that feeling regarding the blimp, then they shouldn't feel forced to pay. It is important to "feel the fear" but also "reduce the fear" before you just "do it anyway". Give them the information they need to feel comfortable, and if they have money I'm sure they'd be okay with it.

Folks should be very confident with their choice. When I made my contribution to the blimp, I had the answers I needed at the time and felt comfortable. I didn't feel forced to donate.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 10:21 PM

You doubt it. But have you checked into the legalities?

bonium
12-27-2007, 11:28 PM
So what you are saying is that it is being childish to ask questions about the company before you "give your money" because "we need the blimp".

Encouraging people to disregard their gut reactions of the fear of future liability is not a good idea. Fear is an indicator of imminent threat or harm. If a very small subset of the grassroots people are having that feeling regarding the blimp, then they shouldn't feel forced to pay. It is important to "feel the fear" but also "reduce the fear" before you just "do it anyway". Give them the information they need to feel comfortable, and if they have money I'm sure they'd be okay with it.

Folks should be very confident with their choice. When I made my contribution to the blimp, I had the answers I needed at the time and felt comfortable. I didn't feel forced to donate.

I haven't heard of anybody who was forced to donate.

I gave 400 bucks to a friend last month that said he would pay it back. I expected nothing in return. So far, he has made good on 100 of it. That surprised me and gave me hope that I might see the other 300. I am that much more likely to give money to him in the future.

I sponsored only 50 bucks of the blimp and was pleasantly surprised that I saw it fly. I will definitely be sponsoring the blimp again in the next few days.

If you need the money, don't sponsor. If you can put the money to use on this good cause, by all means do!

Those that don't feel comfortable sponsoring the blimp, should not.

If they wanted to, they already would have, even after the change of details.

But to argue against donating without evidence to back it up, is to me, childish.

In regards to fear: Isn't this the tactic that the MSM and current government leaders use to control us?

Should we send troops to pakistan and iran to "reduce the fear"?

The answer is no, we can't afford to, just like we can't afford to not sponsor the blimp based on fear.

We need to rally!

bonium
12-27-2007, 11:31 PM
You doubt it. But have you checked into the legalities?

No, I have not, I do not have the means to do so!

I think you just volunteered! :)

Seriously though, I would like to see evidence of what the penalties could be ranging from lenient to severe.

I don't believe anyone has posted anything of the sort.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Exactly as bonium said. No matter how many bumps we went through, THEY DELIVERED A FLYING BLIMP. Honestly, how many of us here could have done the same had we the funds? They took initiative and they got it into the air in only a matter of weeks when usually it would take months.

francisco
12-27-2007, 11:53 PM
I think that ultimately is the proverbial "elephant in the room". The Blimp is a wonderful concept that we all want to succeed. It's just that this new Southern Campaign has not been fleshed out by the Blimp team. I think we all recall that the original Blimp plan was to fly past D.C., the Federal Reserve, The Tea Party, Times square on News Years Eve followed by the New Hampshire primary.

That is the vision that everyone bought into. It all fell by the wayside because apparently it suddenly dawned on the blimp team after 300k was invested that it is winter in New England and the blimp gondola does not have heat. If we assume that that was an innocent mistake and are willing to forgive the grandiose original marketing plan, the Blimp team has still not offered a vision of what we are now supposed to be buying into.

For at least a week they dangled the illusion that there was a "waiver pending" for the televison participation in the Capital One Bowl and an NFL game. The Blimp Team apparently abandoned that illusion today. So now to attract investors, the Blimp team has to offer a realistic plan that excites the masses. One that they can actually fulfill. I am honestly rooting for them and am willing to invest more money if I see one develop.

But we should stop blaming disappointed investors simply because they were fooled into thinking you could fly a blimp into the New England winter. That was the vision that was sold by the Blimp Team. The only way to salvage this thing is to rally the troops around a campaign that you can actually fulfiill, and then fulfill it.

I think you have misunderstood what the "elephant in the room" is.

The blimp organizers cannot be held responsible for the weather. Although they soft-peddled the risks of bad weather in the Northeast winter, there was plenty of healthy debate on this early on and the alternate southern strategy was always held open.

The real "elephant in the room" is much more serious: In dealing with the Ron Paul constituency which holds openness and honesty to be paramount values, The Blimp organizers have chosen secrecy and obfuscation as a method of operation, going as far as the Orwellian tactic of simply removing information from websites (e.g. the video FAQs and references to LPA) without explanation and acting as if it never existed in the first place.

I for one absolutely refuse to acquiesce to this, and will not make any additional financial committments until I am satisfied that there has been a full and complete disclosure of all relevant facts, and have reasonable assurance that this behavior will stop.

I am not willing to accept the principle that the end justifies the means.

pacelli
12-28-2007, 12:29 AM
No, I have not, I do not have the means to do so!

I think you just volunteered! :)

Seriously though, I would like to see evidence of what the penalties could be ranging from lenient to severe.

I don't believe anyone has posted anything of the sort.

I'm willing to consult with an attorney to answer your question, if you are willing to foot the bill.

bulloncoins
12-28-2007, 08:43 AM
My, my, my......once bitten twice shy, baby.........

bonium
12-28-2007, 04:30 PM
My, my, my......once bitten twice shy, baby.........

Ahh, good memories....

bonium
12-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm willing to consult with an attorney to answer your question, if you are willing to foot the bill.

Sounds great, but instead, I'm going to support the blimp...:D

faisal
12-28-2007, 05:12 PM

Well if we get a loan, then we're in an even bigger mess. Let's pray that doesn't happen.

AgentPaul001
12-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Just $57,000 to go to insure everything works out smooth. Based on primary success we may find more funding, but if not it had a good little run :)

robert4rp08
12-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Well if we get a loan, then we're in an even bigger mess. Let's pray that doesn't happen.

That'd be pretty symbolic. Take out a loan to spread a message of sound money and alternative currency. LoL