PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp - Need $71,575 by Monday!

kutibah
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
From www.ronpaulblimp.com

$67,015 needed to be raised by December 31st!

Keep the blimp flying the next month and a half! Go to RonPaulBlimp.com to sponsor the blimp now.'

Needed funds to fly until Jan 18th = $400,000 total / $67,015 to go by December 31st.

Needed funds to fly until Feb 18th = $800,000 total / $467,015 to go..

tsetsefly
12-27-2007, 02:34 PM
bump...

BeFranklin
12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I think its odd that the number of people supposedly pro-blimp haven't moved the amount raised hardly an inch the last week.

I assume most of them are not donating. Although I supported the blimp before, and now do not, its clear to me that the posters that have been belittling anyone that has real questions about the blimp aren't even donating as much as I originally did.

ie: You've chased away the real supporters of the blimp.

hambone1982
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Sent $10 - that's all I got right now.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I think its odd that the number of people supposedly pro-blimp haven't moved the amount raised hardly an inch the last week.

I assume most of them are not donating. Although I supported the blimp before, and now do not, its clear to me that the posters that have been belittling anyone that has real questions about the blimp aren't even donating as much as I originally did.

The Tea Party has flatlined us all. I should have about $50 I'll be sending this weekend however, but for now I'm broke.

shadow26
12-27-2007, 02:43 PM

Perhaps the activity over the Jacksonville/Orlando area this weekend will spur people toward the goal line...:)

curtisag
12-27-2007, 02:46 PM
The Tea Party has really drained all of the cash reserves of the revolution right now. That's why the blimp is in danger of failing. Would it be illegal for Ron Paul to donate some of his cash to the blimp?

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately, I agree with BeFranklin. However, the media has latched on to the blimp and we should all be hoping that it succeeds. I wrote this email today to the blimp team:

Please understand, I am a big fan of the blimp team and want you to succeed.

What is the status of your fly over the Capital One Bowl on 1/1 and the Tampa Bay playoff game on 1/5 as "tentatively" promised. The log still says "pending waiver". What does that mean? When will the waiver no longer be pending and when will you give us the news one way or the other? I pledged on RonPaulForums that I will double the $250 I have already invested in the blimp if the blimp really flys above those two games as "tentatively" promised. I know that many supporters of the blimp were disappointed by the failure to attend the Teaparty and New Hampshire. However, I believe that all of the previous disappointments, misunderstandings, problems, or minor deceptions (however you interpret them), will be outweighed by the massive publicity that Ron Paul will receive in those two days.

Please make it happen or, if it will not, tell us right away, and clearly explain your strategy for further marketing Dr. Paul. This will attract further investment.

Let's give the blimp a second chance. If this new Southern strategy appears to be fruitful, and there is honesty in the communications by the blimp team, then I will commit more funds. However, just as in life, payment is based on performance. So far I have paid $250 and I will reserve my decision to invest more funds until I see the results of the coming days.

Aloha

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
We need to do this everyone! They gambled on going north for maximum exposure and it didn't work out. They still got some coverage but they had to turn back before they maximized on it. They have learned from their mistake and are now in Florida! We have 3 days to raise the funds and we can do it. They have made likely 2.5 mil or more in exposure so far and now that it's in Florida there is no telling how much more they will get.. especially if they fly over a few football games.

Help save the blimp: www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
We have 3 days to raise the funds and we can do it. www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Why do we only have 3 days to raise the funds?

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 03:04 PM
The details are on the website. Best I can respond is that is had to have a deadline eventually.. All I know is I want to see it win us Florida and even fly over some football games to really help us. If we give it the funds it will have more time to do these things, and much more. ;)

Save the blimp, details here: www.RonPaulBlimp.com

pacelli
12-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Even if this money is raised, we still need half a million dollars to keep it going until Feb 18th, wow that is a great deal of money. Looking forward to seeing it over the games.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, Florida is definitely important as well. Giuliani is down there right now campaigning. We should do a fly-by :P

pacelli
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes, Florida is definitely important as well. Giuliani is down there right now campaigning. We should do a fly-by :P

Yes, when the blimp got started that's one of the things that 'sold' the concept. Remember all the videos of the little animated blimp over Giuliani and Romney? Would love to see some real videos of that. I think if the blimp can coordinate this with grassroots to get the blimp in view of another candidate, that would boost fundraising.

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
The details are on the website. Best I can respond is that is had to have a deadline eventually..

I understand your sincere concern. My hesitency is that they also gave us an urgent deadline to meet so that they could make the Teaparty and New Hampshire. We made the deadline. And they were surprised to learn that it is winter in Boston and New Hampshire.

My skeptical radar also went off when a 12/31 deadline suddenly appeared that just happens to be the day before the New Years day game. That may just be a cooincidence. But they have to know by now whether they have clearance for that News Years day Bowl game or not. A skeptical person would think that they have set the new 12/31 deadline to raise donations from the excitement of such a huge appearance, before we learn that the "waiver" was denied.

But I am not a skeptical person, so I am hopeful that the Blimp flys at those 2 bowl games so i can donate an additional $250.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Heh, your thinking too much. :P Just kidding.. I don't know if that's the case.. I mean I doubt it but even if your right it's not their fault they can't get a waiver. Either way I think this blimp has given us much media exposure that we needed and paid for itself as the website explains. Once it's in Florida I think it will do even better though because it will fly more often with the better weather. Also, hopefully.. they can fly over one of these games. We'll see.

Save the blimp! Details here: www.RonPaulBlimp.com

kutibah
12-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I understand your sincere concern. My hesitency is that they also gave us an urgent deadline to meet so that they could make the Teaparty and New Hampshire. We made the deadline. And they were surprised to learn that it is winter in Boston and New Hampshire.

My skeptical radar also went off when a 12/31 deadline suddenly appeared that just happens to be the day before the New Years day game. That may just be a cooincidence. But they have to know by now whether they have clearance for that News Years day Bowl game or not. A skeptical person would think that they have set the new 12/31 deadline to raise donations from the excitement of such a huge appearance, before we learn that the "waiver" was denied.

But I am not a skeptical person, so I am hopeful that the Blimp flys at those 2 bowl games so i can donate an additional $250.

Remember, clearance for games sometimes takes weeks if not months. So although I cannot vouch for them, I am not sure if they can make it to the games.

jeff_from_VA
12-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't think the Blimp is worth it. I think it's neat, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it is the smartest way to spend funds. I feel the return on investment is no where near what it should be.

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Nerveshocker and Kutibah,

You are both right. I may be thinking too much. :) And clearance for these games must take months. My only point is that they should level with us. What draws me to Ron Paul as much as anything is that he will be completely open and honest. I don't agree with everything he believes, but I trust him (and these days that is rare).

I have no bad feelings about the blimp team. I agree that they have garnered some great press. They are literally on the "ride of thier lives". My only point is that before I invest more money I want some actual assurance of what I am paying for.

Dave Pedersen
12-27-2007, 03:28 PM
The Tea Party has drained everyone temporarily. We can get past this hump and funding 100k per week should not be too difficult with all the interest it will generate. Let's hope.

anewvoice
12-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Have flight time statistics been released yet? I question because thus far there has been 328k appr. contibuted to the cause and I've not seen whether we have also received 75% of the previously promised airtime (100 hours I think). Since we've been grounded so much, do we still have the full 100 hours or do we lose those days where wind or weather are not cooperate?

I'd love to see this fly to January 18th and football games but before I commit money to a specific cause, I need the info!

Either way, there's always local causes and operationNH.

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Have flight time statistics been released yet? I question because thus far there has been 328k appr. contibuted to the cause and I've not seen whether we have also received 75% of the previously promised airtime (100 hours I think). Since we've been grounded so much, do we still have the full 100 hours or do we lose those days where wind or weather are not cooperate?

I'd love to see this fly to January 18th and football games but before I commit money to a specific cause, I need the info!

Either way, there's always local causes and operationNH.

I agree completely.

BeFranklin
12-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately, I agree with BeFranklin. However, the media has latched on to the blimp and we should all be hoping that it succeeds. I wrote this email today to the blimp team:

Please understand, I am a big fan of the blimp team and want you to succeed.

What is the status of your fly over the Capital One Bowl on 1/1 and the Tampa Bay playoff game on 1/5 as "tentatively" promised. The log still says "pending waiver". What does that mean? When will the waiver no longer be pending and when will you give us the news one way or the other? I pledged on RonPaulForums that I will double the $250 I have already invested in the blimp if the blimp really flys above those two games as "tentatively" promised. I know that many supporters of the blimp were disappointed by the failure to attend the Teaparty and New Hampshire. However, I believe that all of the previous disappointments, misunderstandings, problems, or minor deceptions (however you interpret them), will be outweighed by the massive publicity that Ron Paul will receive in those two days.

Please make it happen or, if it will not, tell us right away, and clearly explain your strategy for further marketing Dr. Paul. This will attract further investment.

Let's give the blimp a second chance. If this new Southern strategy appears to be fruitful, and there is honesty in the communications by the blimp team, then I will commit more funds. However, just as in life, payment is based on performance. So far I have paid $250 and I will reserve my decision to invest more funds until I see the results of the coming days.

Aloha

I flattened myself on the teaparty too. If they actually are going to fly over a football game, I will donate, but I have no way of trusting them now after multiple times they have hyped and not done something. They need to post the application for a "flying clearance".

Point in fact - we have nothing big going on on New Years, and this was right before the Iowa caucus. They kept it right up until it was too late to plan something else, and we really could USE something on New Years. I would have rather have spent half a million to spike the Iowa caucus on New Years, and now its too late.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Who knows.. all I know is if this gets to fly over some games or even if it doesn't it will do us tons of good in Florida. I hope they stay south so they don't have to deal with the bad weather which like you said compromised their ability to fly very often. They can't do anything about the weather of course but they can improve their chances of good weather by staying south.

Help save the blimp, details here: www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Matthew Zak
12-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I would donate but I'm broke.

Peppy690
12-27-2007, 03:59 PM
bump

Matthew Zak
12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos.

Airborn
Remember, clearance for games sometimes takes weeks if not months. So although I cannot vouch for them, I am not sure if they can make it to the games.

Elijah said jusT a little bit ago on justin.tv live blimp feed, that they could only do fly overs an hour before and after the event.

pacelli
With all of the enthusiastic responses for solicited improvements to the website, once people see the blimp, it should continue to fund itself by drawing more donations.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos. We need blimp videos.

http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp/

They're broadcasting live right now from the blimp :)

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Live!?! Sweet, thanks for the info.

Save the blimp! Details here: www.RonPaulBlimp.com

kutibah
12-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Dang...feed just went down right now. It's been up all day. Let's hope it comes back soon...

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Lol, just before I got to see it! Oh, well. :P

Check out the graph on the website.. we are doing good, finally getting real money..
Keep up the good work everybody.. remember this blimp is rEVOLutionary!

Help save the blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

kutibah
12-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Lol, just before I got to see it! Oh, well. :P

Check out the graph on the website.. we are doing good finally getting real money..
Keep up the good work everybody.. we need all the help we can get to save it!

Yeah, try tomorrow. Elijah's going to get a feed over Florida during the rally.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 04:26 PM
For those of you that wanted to see what the Blimp looked like during the feed, I took some screenshots earlier today:

http://xs322.xs.to/xs322/07524/BlimpPictures.jpg

kutibah
12-27-2007, 04:30 PM
The feed is back up LIVE!

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Awesome! I'm watching now. Thanks for telling.

You can watch at http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp/

Help save the blimp! Details are at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

fletcher
12-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Umm, why is there a deadline? You are purchasing time. Are they saying if they don't make a certain amount of money before the deadline you won't get the time you purchased?

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 04:34 PM
No, you get what you purchase. Our last time we purchased is running out is all that is happening.

Watch the blimp live at http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp/

kutibah
12-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Umm, why is there a deadline? You are purchasing time. Are they saying if they don't make a certain amount of money before the deadline you won't get the time you purchased?

The contract was for 1 month. We never paid for the full contract, so they have the right to terminate the contract. The owner is a Ron Paul supporter, so he is giving us some slack, but we are still doing business under a 1 month contract.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Bump for the blimp. This is urgent if you can please help out.

Save the blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Watch the live feed at http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp/

shadow26
12-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Bump for the blimp. This is urgent if you can please help out.

Save the blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Watch the live feed at http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp/

The blimp just crossed Interstate 26 north of Charleston right at dusk...wonder how many drivers are using their cell phones to report a UFO??? :D

BeFranklin
12-27-2007, 04:53 PM
For those of you that wanted to see what the Blimp looked like during the feed, I took some screenshots earlier today:

http://xs322.xs.to/xs322/07524/BlimpPictures.jpg

Flying over cornfields..

kutibah
12-27-2007, 04:54 PM
The blimp just crossed Interstate 26 north of Charleston right at dusk...wonder how many drivers are using their cell phones to report a UFO??? :D

hahaha

Flying over cornfields..

That was to the left of the blimp. The right of the blimp is the interstate as you can see in other pictures...

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Geez, dude are you going to attack everything you see? They have a destination.. they aren't going to dodge around cornfields.. Can't you give them a break? It's almost like you think they are attempting to go to unpopulated areas... based on 3 pictures of which only 1 is actually corn fields.. the others are just trees...

kutibah
12-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Bump

pacelli
12-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey I checked the blimp site and haven't seen any media reports on it today, except for an article out of Amherst talking about the sewing of the second banner. Anybody see anything locally?

fletcher
12-27-2007, 05:18 PM
The contract was for 1 month. We never paid for the full contract, so they have the right to terminate the contract. The owner is a Ron Paul supporter, so he is giving us some slack, but we are still doing business under a 1 month contract.

So you really aren't buying time and that is just a lie to get money from people? If you donate now and they don't get the 70,000 you won't get the time you purchased? What a joke. They need to give a detailed list of the money they took in and the minutes that money corresponded to.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 05:21 PM
So you really aren't buying time and that is just a lie to get money from people? If you donate now and they don't get the 70,000 you won't get the time you purchased? What a joke. They need to give a detailed list of the money they took in and the minutes that money corresponded to.

The time purchase was a way to bypass the FEC Election Laws. But the point is, we need a minimum $400,000 to get 1 month of airtime. Your time purchases go towards that 1 month. But technically we cannot fly until we pay for that full month according to the contract. We're lucky the blimp owner is even letting us fly right now without the $400,000.

shadow26
12-27-2007, 05:24 PM
The time purchase was a way to bypass the FEC Election Laws. But the point is, we need a minimum $400,000 to get 1 month of airtime. Your time purchases go towards that 1 month. We're lucky the blimp owner is even letting us fly right now without the $400,000.

Put a BIG SIGN in front of the blimp when it lands in Jacksonville tomorrow: BLIMP RIDES JACKSONVILLE-ORLANDO $5,000 each. Problem solved.:cool:

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 05:41 PM
lol.. They probably would put media members on first anyways. I don't think they are going to be landing that much anyways, mostly hovering so all can see.

Save the blimp! Check Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

kutibah
12-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Plus, I doubt someone would pay $5,000 to ride on a blimp unless they're a rich Ron Paul supporter :P

robert4rp08
12-27-2007, 05:58 PM
It's no longer the grassroots' responsibility to secure funds for the blimp. That responsibility belongs to the company now.

P.S. I do support the blimp, but I find it strange that they still rely so much on the grassroots.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
It's no longer the grassroots' responsibility to secure funds for the blimp. That responsibility belongs to the company now.

P.S. I do support the blimp, but I find it strange that they still rely so much on the grassroots.

What are you talking about? The Blimp was entirely created by the grassroots. The grassroots are the people who HIRED Trevor/Elijah's company. It is 100% our responsibility.

tonyTheBest
12-27-2007, 06:16 PM
bump

szczebrzeszyn
12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
The Blimp was entirely created by the grassroots. The grassroots are the people who HIRED Trevor/Elijah's company. It is 100% our responsibility.
You're absolutely wrong.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 06:21 PM
You're absolutely wrong.

Please explain. As I recall, the Blimp idea was formed on these forums. Elijah and Trevor formed a company to help get the idea rolling and to bypass the FEC laws and we the grassroots "hired" them in that sense to rent a blimp for us.

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
If you happen to be a part of the grassroots, and you support the blimp.. then you should support the blimp. That's what I'm doing right now. Of course the company should find people to fund them on their own.. but we are their main customers, as the blimp idea originated here.

fletcher
12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
What are you talking about? The Blimp was entirely created by the grassroots. The grassroots are the people who HIRED Trevor/Elijah's company. It is 100% our responsibility.

The blimp was a grassroots idea. It is no longer grassroots. The decisions are made by a couple people on top of the company that do not care what the grassroots think. They just want their money.

szczebrzeszyn
12-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Please explain. As I recall, the Blimp idea was formed on these forums. Elijah and Trevor formed a company to help get the idea rolling and to bypass the FEC laws and we the grassroots "hired" them in that sense to rent a blimp for us.
NerveShocker described it pretty good in #58. You're a customer of the advertising company. The business profile of this company was explained in numerous threads and there's no need to repeat it. Check the Blimp section - the answers should be there... somewhere.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 06:35 PM
The blimp was a grassroots idea. It is no longer grassroots. The decisions are made by a couple people on top of the company that do not care what the grassroots think. They just want their money.

Yes, but the grassroots have been very unrealistic. People expect the blimp to fly over games when clearly it takes months to get such clearance. They expect the crew who fly the ship (who are not ron paul supporters) to work on federal holidays. They expect the blimp to somehow ignore the weather problems that seem to have risen and fly it anyways.

We need to realize that carrying out such an operation is not easy. Yes, they could have been more upfront to us in the beginning, but much of the grassroots at the point was not listening and wanted to be at the Tea Party even though it was not possible. They did not lie to us. They told us that they hoped to be there for the Tea Party, but that weather issues could affect it. Was it their fault that the banner was delayed? No. Was it their fault that the weather grounded them? No. Was it their fault that the supporters had unrealistic goals? No.

The team who got the Blimp in the air should be commended for even attempting such a task, even if the road was bumpy. Point is, they got the blimp in the air. Did you?

So either support it and donate or leave us alone.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Yes, but the grassroots have been very unrealistic. People expect the blimp to fly over games when clearly it takes months to get such clearance. They expect the crew who fly the ship (who are not ron paul supporters) to work on federal holidays. They expect the blimp to somehow ignore the weather problems that seem to have risen and fly it anyways.

We need to realize that carrying out such an operation is not easy. Yes, they could have been more upfront to us in the beginning, but much of the grassroots at the point was not listening and wanted to be at the Tea Party even though it was not possible. They did not lie to us. They told us that they hoped to be there for the Tea Party, but that weather issues could affect it. Was it their fault that the banner was delayed? No. Was it their fault that the weather grounded them? No. Was it their fault that the supporters had unrealistic goals? No.

The team who got the Blimp in the air should be commended for even attempting such a task, even if the road was bumpy. Point is, they got the blimp in the air. Did you?

I think the point was that you said that the funding of the blimp is 100% the responsibility of the grassroots. If that's true, then the blimp should bring in more grassroots donations as it flies. To answer your final question, yes, I have done my part to keep the blimp in the air.

svillee
12-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Was it their fault that the banner was delayed? No. Was it their fault that the weather grounded them? No. Was it their fault that the supporters had unrealistic goals? No.

Was it their fault that they didn't answer a few simple questions (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63546)? Yes.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 06:46 PM
I think the point was that you said that the funding of the blimp is 100% the responsibility of the grassroots. If that's true, then the blimp should bring in more grassroots donations as it flies. To answer your final question, yes, I have done my part to keep the blimp in the air.

Yes, I said that because we the grassroots created the blimp so we obviously should fund it.

And that question wasn't directed at you, but thank you for the support. What I meant by that question was that Elijah and Trevor were the people that actually got it into the air, something we all thought at the time would never happen. So people shouldn't be so quick to criticize them.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
answer a few simple questions (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63546)? Yes.

+1 Support the blimp, rally behind Svillee having his questions answered so the blimp can gain a $5000 sponsor.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 07:00 PM
blimp

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 07:02 PM

I have been a big supporter of the blimp. I still am. But I think that you have your facts mistaken. You write "Yes, they could have been more upfront to us in the beginning, but much of the grassroots at the point was not listening and wanted to be at the Tea Party even though it was not possible. They did not lie to us. They told us that they hoped to be there for the Tea Party, but that weather issues could affect it. Was it their fault that the banner was delayed? No. Was it their fault that the weather grounded them? No. Was it their fault that the supporters had unrealistic goals? No."

In fact, it was the Blimp Team (not the grassroots) that said that if we made a certain deadline by a certain date they would make it to the teaparty. That same team said that they would be in New Hampshire through the primary. Maybe Trevor and Elijah were a bit naive, but the blimp owner (who is making the money off of these efforts) surely understood the difficulty of flying his blimp in the New England winter. Neverthless, it was the Blimp Team that used the Teaparty and New Hampshire to solicit investments. The Blimp Team created those unrealistic grassroot expecatations. Don't blame the consumers for falling for the deceptive marketing.

The Blimp Team could have easily marketed it as a way to win Florida and South Carolina. People may have rallied to it the way they did for OLFD. As for the football games, once again, it was the Blimp Team that placed the Captial One Bowl and NFL playoff game on their itinerary. Heck, until recently they even had scheduled a day for the TV crew to get on the blimp to prepare for the game. I suspect that they have known for several days that they would not be broadcasting those games. Yet, only today do we hear that they will be only allowed to do fly overs one hour before and after the game. Again, the grassroots did not create this unrealistic expectation, the blimp team did.

One final point. I think that Trevor and Elijah are "dreamers" who should be commended for creating a wonderful thing. I want it to succeed. The problem is that if you create unrealistic expectations, and then fail to meet those expectations, you lose credibility. And when you lose credibility, it is very difficult for people to give you more money.

All of that said, The Ron Paul Blimp can help us win Florida and do well in South Carolina. It could be the start of an OLFD of those two states. That is enough for me to donate more money. But enough already with all the false promises, deadlines, and attacks on people who ask legitimate business questions about questionable business practices. You do want people with money to donate right?

pacelli
12-27-2007, 07:09 PM
blimp

robert4rp08
12-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes, I said that because we the grassroots created the blimp so we obviously should fund it.

And that question wasn't directed at you, but thank you for the support. What I meant by that question was that Elijah and Trevor were the people that actually got it into the air, something we all thought at the time would never happen. So people shouldn't be so quick to criticize them.

My point was this: Grassroots supporters CANNOT fund the blimp indefinitely. It is the responsibility of the Blimp company to find alternate sources of funding. Yes, the blimp spawned from the grassroots, but it is THEIR company. And it is in their best interest to do everything in their power to keep the blimp afloat. They cannot continue to rely on the grassroots for funding.

I by no means meant to discourage anyone from donating to the blimp. I was just pointing out that this funding source is tapped as evident by the snail's crawl rate of donations over the past couple of weeks.

DanielDeibler
12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
$71, 575 needed to be raised by December 31st!
Keep the blimp flying the next month and a half! Go to RonPaulBlimp.com (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/) to sponsor the blimp now.
Needed funds to fly until Jan 18th = $400,000 total / $ 71,575 to go by December 31st.
Needed funds to fly until Feb 18th = $800,000 total / $471,575 to go..
What is the blimp worth?

According to media reports (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MediaReportReference.php) the first ten days of blimp flight generated a minimum of $500,000 in publicity. This puts us on track to garner 1.5 million in publicity per month before considering the blimps advertising value. When adding the advertising impact of the blimp (as a flying billboard for Ron Paul), our return rate puts us on par to generate over $2.5 million in advertising and publicity value per month on an investment of $400,000. That’s a 620% return on each dollar spent.

Our initial attempts to go north resulted in a fair amount of down time due to weather conditions. This effected the total amount of publicity and advertising value we could generate. By adjusting to our experiences in the coming weeks and months we should see a further increase in return on our investment. By heading south we intend to tap into professional sporting events, heavily populated shorelines, celebrity appearances, key political events and more.

The blimp is already an amazing investment and will only continue to improve. Please sponsor the blimp today and help us keep it in the air until February 18th, 2008.

fletcher
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM

I wasn't trying to get a blimp in the air. I was pointing out that it is not grassroots and you seem to agree with me; you just tried to change the subject.

Get the hell out of the grassroots section and I will leave you alone. You have your own forum, go there. If you post here I'll keep annoying you with facts.

homah
12-27-2007, 07:30 PM
When they start answering the questions in the Q&A sub-forum, perhaps the donation rate will increase.

robert4rp08
12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
When they start answering the questions in the Q&A sub-forum, perhaps the donation rate will increase.

They need a marketing strategy to acquire funds from non-grassroots support, which has been tapped.

DanielDeibler
12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
$71, 575 needed to be raised by December 31st!
Keep the blimp flying the next month and a half! Go to RonPaulBlimp.com to sponsor the blimp now.
Needed funds to fly until Jan 18th = $400,000 total / $ 71,575 to go by December 31st.
Needed funds to fly until Feb 18th = $800,000 total / $471,575 to go..
What is the blimp worth?

According to media reports (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MediaReportReference.php) the first ten days of blimp flight generated a minimum of $500,000 in publicity. This puts us on track to garner 1.5 million in publicity per month before considering the blimps advertising value. When adding the advertising impact of the blimp (as a flying billboard for Ron Paul), our return rate puts us on par to generate over $2.5 million in advertising and publicity value per month on an investment of $400,000. That’s a 620% return on each dollar spent.

Our initial attempts to go north resulted in a fair amount of down time due to weather conditions. This effected the total amount of publicity and advertising value we could generate. By adjusting to our experiences in the coming weeks and months we should see a further increase in return on our investment. By heading south we intend to tap into professional sporting events, heavily populated shorelines, celebrity appearances, key political events and more.

The blimp is already an amazing investment and will only continue to improve. Please sponsor the blimp today and help us keep it in the air until February 18th, 2008.

tnvoter
12-27-2007, 07:35 PM
if you pledged, please fulfill it. :)

Rebel Resource
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
My point was this: Grassroots supporters CANNOT fund the blimp indefinitely. It is the responsibility of the Blimp company to find alternate sources of funding. Yes, the blimp spawned from the grassroots, but it is THEIR company. And it is in their best interest to do everything in their power to keep the blimp afloat. They cannot continue to rely on the grassroots for funding.

Not really their interests. The interests of the shareholders. The donors. Who loses if the target isn't reached? Those who invested.

The base of support for the blimp is massive and the money is there in spades. Therefore the blame has nothing to do with the grassroots.

All the blame goes to the organisers because it is their obligation to promote the blimp and maintain interest in it, which they completed failed to do. Perhaps they expected to fly over 5 new cities everyday, and if they had, they might have gotten away with it.

It could have all been so different. Done correctly, even with the current blimp's performance, they could be hitting half a million in donations by now.

Ryankelly
12-27-2007, 07:46 PM
They need a marketing strategy to acquire funds from non-grassroots support, which has been tapped.

I agree that they need a marketing strategy but I suspect that the grassroots are not "tapped". I think there are many people (like me) that are willing and able to donate to the blimp but are turned off by the many unfulfilled expectations.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 07:51 PM
blimp

robert4rp08
12-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Not really their interests. The interests of the shareholders. The donors. Who loses if the target isn't reached? Those who invested.

The base of support for the blimp is massive and the money is there in spades. Therefore the blame has nothing to do with the grassroots.

All the blame goes to the organisers because it is their obligation to promote the blimp and maintain interest in it, which they completed failed to do. Perhaps they expected to fly over 5 new cities everyday, and if they had, they might have gotten away with it.

It could have all been so different. Done correctly, even with the current blimp's performance, they could be hitting half a million in donations by now.

First, we're not shareholders or investors. We're consumers that have purchased advertising time. We have no stake in the company whatsoever. We indirectly benefit from the company's success by the promotion of Ron Paul. Ultimately, the success of the RP blimp is in the best interest of the company because they will (or hope to) exist after the election. They should be busting their butts to find new fundraising strategies to keep the blimp afloat (while promoting RP AND THEIR COMPANY) and maybe they are... I don't know, but I haven't seen it.

I'm in now way placing blame on the grassroots. We put that thing in the air! I'm just saying that the company needs to find new sources of money other than the grassroots. The grassroots money-well is tapped. If they can't come up with new ideas for fundraising, they should be coming to us. But I have yet to see them make the effort.

NocturnalC
12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I agree that they need a marketing strategy but I suspect that the grassroots are not "tapped". I think there are many people (like me) that are willing and able to donate to the blimp but are turned off by the many unfulfilled expectations.

Agreed. I'm far from being "tapped".

Cyclone
12-27-2007, 08:19 PM
The biggest problem right now, is that over in the blimp section and the Q & A section there are lots of very serious concerns being discussed about the blimp, from the fact that no one is willing to state unequivocally that there new way of accepting "donations" is legal, that is a big one, to oh, I don't know you have to go there and read it all yourself. There are too many questions to repeat.

However, the blimp team has stated that in a few days, I guess that means 3 or more, they hope they will be able to provide answers.

It is really a shame that they need the money before they are able to provide any answers. I am sure that is holding up a lot of donations. Such a shame.

Hopefully, they will be able to do something else while we all wait to hear about how all of their legal troubles were settled, how much it cost, how much more of our money they need to pay that settlement etc.

xCakex
12-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Blimp for great justice, I believe in the power of the blimp, even though weather and maintenance stress exhausted a lot of the money, I think a second push is worth it to win the southern states. Those who have seen the blimp have always (from everything I've heard) been positive.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Get the hell out of the grassroots section and I will leave you alone. You have your own forum, go there. If you post here I'll keep annoying you with facts.

I'm sorry, I think I misunderstood you. You were talking about why the blimp isn't grassroots because it was in the grassroots section? Yes, sorry for the misunderstanding. I only posted it here because it needed more widespread attention.

kutibah
12-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Blimp!

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Bump for the Ron Paul Revolution blimp. Time for me to sleep so keep the fight going. ;)

Help save the blimp! Details here: www.RonPaulBlimp.com

corsairtro
12-27-2007, 10:14 PM
why do blimps cost $400,000 a month?

xexkxex
12-27-2007, 10:15 PM
why do blimps cost $400,000 a month?

This is why..... ;)

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/blimp/

:) ...there are other things..but that's just details... ;) ....but incase you really want to know....

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

kutibah
12-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Bump.

madRazor
12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
First, we're not shareholders or investors. We're consumers that have purchased advertising time.

Indeed. It's tough to buy something (advertising) if you don't know exactly what you're getting (where/when is it flying?).

This is the fact that's prevented me from donating, and I suspect it's the case for many others as well. If the team would make a habit of completing some of their 'tentative' plans, I'm sure the donation rate would increase.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 11:11 PM
blimp

Oliver
12-27-2007, 11:12 PM
*bump* for moving it into the appropriate forum:

BLIMP FORUM! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=208)

kutibah
12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Blump

pacelli
12-27-2007, 11:40 PM

Heh good idea.

kutibah
12-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Heh good idea.

Yes, good idea. But it needs more mainstream attention...

kutibah
12-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Bump

ThomasJ
12-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Why can't it be the 01/01 I can donate 50 at least on the first.

Perhaps I can throw in 20 this today..... Bahhh

kutibah
12-28-2007, 01:30 AM
One last bump before bed...

techxplosion
12-28-2007, 02:41 AM
bump

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Bump for the blimp! I disagree that this should be in sub-forum the main grassroots page is for fund raising as many admins have stated. This is why no admins have moved this so far. This is very important and we can easily do it before Monday!

Help to save the blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Bump for the blimp. We can easily get the funds in time everyone!

Help save the blimp at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

pacelli
12-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Heads up in case you are a "blimp naysayer" - some things to be aware of:

Your past behavior has shown that you will never be satisfied.

Your many questions will not ever be answered to your satisfaction.

By continuing to post your questions many times per day in every thread, regardless of topic...

YOU DEMONSTRATE YOUR DELIBERATE INTENTION TO SABOTAGE THE PROJECT.

You are undermining the efforts of volunteers and paid staff
THAT OTHER GRASSROOTS SUPPORTERS BESIDES YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO FUND AND SUPPORT!!!

And you are violating the stated policy of the forum administrators.

This isn't your project any more! Get over it!

Get the hell out of our way!

Get out of our forum!

Shut up about our project and our people!

And most important: Go support something else!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66831

walt
12-28-2007, 10:53 AM

+1

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 10:54 AM
The above posts I agree with somewhat because attacking projects you don't support isn't helpful. This is because by doing that your attempting to influence what people do with their money which shouldn't be done. I think constructive criticism is fine, but constantly posting negative things isn't fine. I don't support many projects but I know that others do so I wouldn't attack their project and hurt their efforts. What we need to do is let people choose to support what they want. Let people choose if what they will support, if you have criticism that's fine as long as your not trying to de-rail the efforts of those who do support this project.

Edit- Walt this should not be in the sub-forum for a good reason. The main page is meant for fund raising as many admins have stated, and that's what this is. If the admins thought it wasn't appropriate it would have been moved days ago.

Bryan
12-28-2007, 11:05 AM
The project sub-forums are for planning and information. Grassroots Central can be used for announcements, recruiting and fundraising for that project. Basically if you aren't involved in a project you'll ignore the whole project sub-forum so that is why these things can go elsewhere.

One thread in Grassroot Central for a major project is fine. :)

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for clarification Bryan. ;)

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Bump for the blimp. If you are sending money that is great, but also help out by bumping this thread so others can know the urgency of the situation. We can easily make this deadline set, but we need to keep attention to this fund raising effort.

Craig_R
12-28-2007, 11:35 AM
It generated some media attention. What could the campaign do with all the money we're pouring into this blimp? Priorities people, priorities.

Duckman
12-28-2007, 11:39 AM
The biggest problem right now, is that over in the blimp section and the Q & A section there are lots of very serious concerns being discussed about the blimp, from the fact that no one is willing to state unequivocally that there new way of accepting "donations" is legal, that is a big one, to oh, I don't know you have to go there and read it all yourself. There are too many questions to repeat.

I agree the blimp team should be out in front on this, but I took a layman's look at the FEC regulations (available from the FEC website) and IMO even if the FEC declares the blimp to be a violation of campaign finance law and that individual contributors knowingly violated that law, based on my reading of the regulations the worst thing that can happen to you is a fine equivalent to double the amount you spent on the blimp, unless you spent more than $2000.

For my full analysis, see: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66863

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 11:40 AM
It generated some media attention. What could the campaign do with all the money we're pouring into this blimp? Priorities people, priorities.

That's a good question. I think the blimp has done a lot more than the campaign would do with it. Check the link below for details of how successful it has been estimated to be. On top of this imagine how much better it will be now that we are down south with much more flying time because of weather improvements. On top of that if this can fly over even 1 football game which is possible it would be amazing for us..

Help save the blimp. Details on the blimp at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Bump for the blimp. This blimp is the most revolutionary project the grassroots has came up with yet! We can get the funds neccesary easily if everyone unites behind the blimp. If you have another project you would rather fund that is completely understandable, but if you do support the blimp now is the time to make a stand to save the blimp. :)

Help save the blimp, details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Xepa
12-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Ron Paul Blimpin'

friendly bump-bump-bump
to make this thread go up, up, up!

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Bump for the blimp!

Help to save the Ron Paul Blimp. Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 01:55 PM
The blimp has arrived in Jacksonville, Florida! It should be at the rally shortly so if your nearby be sure to show up! Remember it's one of the biggest blimps in the world.. you don't want to miss this opportunity to see it.

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

shadow26
12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
The blimp has arrived in Jacksonville, Florida! It should be at the rally shortly so if your nearby be sure to show up! Remember it's one of the biggest blimps in the world.. you don't want to miss this opportunity to see it.

Wish the feed would come back on...a couple of 'timely new arrivals' showed at the blimp's 'JustinTV' chat forum, and have got everyone completely distracted from the Jacksonville rally. Hmmm...

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I hope it comes back up shortly. I assume that it will, but who knows. Fortunately, the blimp is on time to make it to the rally today ;)
For those who don't know it starts at 4pm eastern time.

NerveShocker
12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Bump for the blimp! The rally is starting any minute :) If you live in Jacksonville, Florida don't miss the fun!

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp! For details go to www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Cyclone
12-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Instead of getting angry at folks for asking questions, how about getting angry at the blimp folks for not providing answers. They say they need money in three days and will get to answers in four. Things don't work that way. People don't usually part with their money unless they know what they are buying. It is the blimp team's actions that are hurting the blimp, not the people who ask reasonable questions.

For example:

1. What are they negotiating a settlement about, why have you been sued or whatever happened, what did happen, how much money is it costing you and is that money coming out of donations? Reasonable question one should get answered before donating to the blimp.

2. Are we paying for down time? If the blimp team's inexperience keeps trying to fly the blimp into places it physically cannot go due to weather and then they are forced to return to the hangar due to that error, that is something folks should know before paying this crew to run a blimp company. Reasonable question one should know before donating to the blimp.

3. Is it legal now that they have changed their advertising purchasing scheme to donate or whatever you want to call it, give money to the the blimp team, to keep this thing in the air? Reasonable question one should know before donating to what could be an illegal campaign contribution.

4. Can we get an accounting of how the money has been spent so far? Again, reasonable question one should get answered before donating to the blimp.

I can't think of others right now, but go to those other forums, go to the Q & A section that the blimp team refuses to even enter anymore.

I just thought of one.

5. Why won't you answer any questions? Again, a reasonable question one might have before donating to the blimp team.

You see, a lot of people on here with money are adults who have come and gone and seen all sorts of schemes in their lives that are not worthy of donations. They just want to know if this is an up front organization that is willing to tell folks what is going on, or are they going to hide everything and just ask us to trust them. If it is the latter, I am afraid you are going to have a very hard time getting any money for this project.

Worse yet, the team has not responded to any questions at all even though they promised to many many days ago. This kind of behavior leads to MIStrust and then people won't even give a penny.

So, go send emails to Trevor and company and yell at them. Ask them why they won't provide answers. But since they are all gone and will not be back for four days or so, as they themselves stated, you might have a hard time.

You are losing donations all over the place and it is NOT the fault of the donors. In fact, in one thread a guy offered the blimp team five thousand dollars, but all he wanted was a few answers - nothing outlandish. Nothing personal. No questions about their love lives, just questions about where his money was going and how it would be used. To date, the questions have been ignored.