PDA

View Full Version : Has Dr. Paul responded to the Pakistan violence yet?

wgadget
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I need to hear what the voice of reason has to say.

:)

newbitech
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
he predicted it.

RonPaulCult
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I can only guess that he will say that our foreign policy played a part of it

And he will be right of course

And I can only guess that this will be spun in a negative way

wgadget
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Guess we'll have to listen to the Spin Room tonight on CNN.

Jobarra
12-27-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm hoping what Dr. Paul takes out of this is that he really needs to think about protecting himself now instead of letting supporters come up and hug him. While I love that he does that, I fear for his safety. It most likely goes against his personal beliefs though to be that sheltered.

JPFromTally
12-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Look at what we get for 10 billion smackers..

NYgs23
12-27-2007, 03:08 PM
He's on Cavuto on FOX talking about it now.

freedom-maniac
12-27-2007, 03:09 PM
CNN has the responses of all the Dems (expect Kucinich). I presume the other Republicans are just assuming that Bush's speech speaks for them as well. Dr. Paul would be the only person besides Biden or Richardson who has any real purpose for giving a speech about it.

NYgs23
12-27-2007, 03:09 PM
He says we should stop supporting military dictators and stay out of other countries' businesses. We don't have the money and he's "scared to death" that this will lead to more intervention and nation-building on our part.

Liberty Star
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
We may never find out who's behind it but today's Bhutto assassination benefits Musharaf's military dictatorship if we look at motives. Huck has apparently expressed concern and an apology, odd reaction. Ron Paul should address role of interventionist Neoconservatives in South East Asia mess and how their foreign policies are making world a more dangerous place. Someone had said that when you have a big hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail. For many neoconservatives in charge of things lately, military solutions is the fix for every problem, in the world. A horrible and a dangerous paradigm.

It is quite ironic that GOP is supporting Islamic radicals regime in Iraq right now, who knows what will come out of there decades from now. Few decades back in Afghanistan, we funded and armed Islamic militants. There may have not been any Talibans, Osama and big mess in that region had it not been for Afghanistan destabilization then and the long war between US/Saudi/Pakistan supported Mujahideens and Russians and millions of orphans that the war created. Those orphans later became a crop for Talibans and other radical militant groups and Afghanistan a fertile ground for radicalism and global terrorism.

We need to reevaluate our support of military dictators and autocrats if we are to meddle into other countries affairs, such puppet regimes breed radicalism in the world. Bush praised current military dictator back when he overthrew a democratically elected government there, hard to comprehend where our convictions about peace and freedom lie.

BigMatt419
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
He says we should stop supporting military dictators and stay out of other countries' businesses. We don't have the money and he's "scared to death" that this will lead to more intervention and nation-building on our part.

Was just about to say that. He was just on the fuax

goldielocks
12-27-2007, 03:20 PM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/12/musharrafs_woes_have_opened_a.html

U.S. Troops to Head to Pakistan

Beginning early next year, U.S. Special Forces are expected to vastly expand their presence in Pakistan, as part of an effort to train and support indigenous counter-insurgency forces and clandestine counterterrorism units, according to defense officials involved with the planning.
-more-