PDA

View Full Version : Finished... for now. Side-by-side comparison within!!!

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 02:15 AM
All 10+1 GOP candidates side by side on a few key issues...

Hit me with feedback and maybe extra items/stances I can include...

Also, if you can find me some data to fill in the blue ?'s it'd be much appreciated.

LINK (http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/foofighter20x/?action=view&current=current.png)

Josh or Bradley: can you forward this to the campaign direct? Also, would love some feedback and double-fact-checking from them.

Nash
07-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Very Nice. You get a bump!

berkeleybound
07-11-2007, 02:27 AM
That's the best image I've seen in a while.
How bout a "page two" that includes traditional conservative issues like abortion and immigration?

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 02:27 AM
I was thinking of having a flip-flop logo for candidates who what changed their position *koff*romney*koff-koff*

Ultimately, I went with their record instead of their rhetoric.

damijin
07-11-2007, 02:28 AM
And they call Ron Paul too "liberal"

Well to Giuliani and Romney's credit, at least they're conservative on an issue or two!

mikelovesgod
07-11-2007, 02:32 AM
I missed "Against the IRS" and you basically repeated yourself with torture and advanced interrogation.

Lord Xar
07-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Looks good... BUTTTT

2 points

1. You didn't mention anything about taxes
2. I would put another entry in for "Against the NAU, SPP and NAFTA"

Alot of people are getting wise to the globalist agenda and open borders...

try to get that in there :-)

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 02:38 AM
That's the best image I've seen in a while.
How bout a "page two" that includes traditional conservative issues like abortion and immigration?

Word me up some stances and I'll piece one up...

I missed "Against the IRS" and you basically repeated yourself with torture and advanced interrogation.

Yeah... but Fox News made a big stink about how they are different.

There was even a memo out there somewhere that said exactly what EIT was... waterboarding was the 6th and final item, if I remember correctly.

Looks good... BUTTTT

2 points

1. You didn't mention anything about taxes
2. I would put another entry in for "Against the NAU, SPP and NAFTA"

Alot of people are getting wise to the globalist agenda and open borders...

try to get that in there :-)

They are all for lower taxes... Well in almost all cases. I was looking for the fast and dirty on some simple to grasp issues.

As for NAU, SPP, and NAFTA/CAFTA/WTO/GATT... I'm not sure how to word that. Against managed trade, maybe? idk :(

Lord Xar
07-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Word me up some stances and I'll piece one up...

Yeah... but Fox News made a big stink about how they are different.

There was even a memo out there somewhere that said exactly what EIT was... waterboarding was the 6th and final item, if I remember correctly.

They are all for lower taxes... Well in almost all cases. I was looking for the fast and dirty on some simple to grasp issues.

As for NAU, SPP, and NAFTA/CAFTA/WTO/GATT... I'm not sure how to word that. Against managed trade, maybe? idk :(

NAU, SPP, and NAFTA/CAFTA/WTO/GATT <----- that is good as it is......

Bluedevil
07-11-2007, 03:03 AM
I like it a lot. I agree with one of the people above. I would actually make two seperate ones, one where you line him up against the Republicans on conservative issues: pro-life, abolish irs, anti-gun control etc.

and then actually put him against Democrats on the more liberal issues, voting against Iraq Liberation Act, voting against the war, voting against patriot act, etc. I think that woud really help Democrats realize that he is stronger anti-war, and pro-civil liberties than any of the Democrat candidates.

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 03:04 AM
That won't fit in the space though. Remember, I've not got much space to use...

For everyone else! If candidates clarify or reveal their stance, let me know so I can update! kthnx :D

Man from La Mancha
07-11-2007, 04:15 AM
Why not just show it here?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/foofighter20x/current.png

jcbraithwaite7
07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
this is great. I love the idea of putting a flip flop logo on issues that they switch. I think that Romney is about to change his stance on the Iraq war. I was talking to his county campaign manager and asked what his stance was on the Iraq war and he said, "He hasn't decided yet." Huh!?!?

I think a page two would be great with conservative issues. Please don't take that as negative comments. I LOVE what you have done and want more!!!!

You could do a funny one too with other issues like:

Divorced?
Ever worn drag?
Strapped dog to car?
Resemble an animated character like Garfield (Brownback) or Sam the Eagle (Fred Thompson)
Actually served in the military- not really funny but important
Served as a lobbyist

Great job! We want more!!!!1

rpf2008
07-11-2007, 08:45 AM
nice work !

maiki
07-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Maybe remove a couple of the bottom ones (that a lot of the conservatives share), and add something like "consistently pro-life", since that is an important conservative issue.

Otherwise, beautiful!! :)

Buzz
07-11-2007, 08:56 AM

Paul mentioned this in one of the debates (May 15th, I'm pretty sure). He said that NAFTA isn't "free trade," but "government managed trade." I don't know if you'd want to word it that way, though. Some people probably wouldn't understand what it meant or would think it was a good thing.

Brilliant flyer design and idea btw. Make a little key that says "? = flip flop."

nullvalu
07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Very nice work! - That's going up on my myspace

Santana28
07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
you left out Next Gingrich though.

Now make a side two comparing him to Democrats, and you're all set!

LibertyBelle
07-11-2007, 09:01 AM
One question, did Fred announce he is running? :p

He kinda reminds me of Jabba the Hut.

maiki
07-11-2007, 09:03 AM
One question, did Fred announce he is running? :p

Wikipedia tells me he "decided" but isn't ready to "announce". Talk about playing hard to get... :p

jj111
07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I love it. I would second the motion to ask if you or somebody else could do something similar with Ron Paul vs. Democrats on liberal issues......

It could be a separate form that we hand out to people to define themselves as "liberals" or "Democrats."

shrugged0106
07-11-2007, 09:22 AM
I like it a lot. I agree with one of the people above. I would actually make two seperate ones, one where you line him up against the Republicans on conservative issues: pro-life, abolish irs, anti-gun control etc.

and then actually put him against Democrats on the more liberal issues, voting against Iraq Liberation Act, voting against the war, voting against patriot act, etc. I think that woud really help Democrats realize that he is stronger anti-war, and pro-civil liberties than any of the Democrat candidates.

I agree with this line of thought. Also, It says an awful lot of "against", could it be framed more positive in the context of what he's for instead?

Thanks for doing this breakdown!

RP08
07-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Another resource HERE (http://www.selectsmart.com/president/2008/comparethem.html)

jj111
07-11-2007, 09:34 AM
What is EEVS? I don't think most Americans are familiar with that term.

UtahApocalypse
07-11-2007, 09:37 AM
NAU, SPP, and NAFTA/CAFTA/WTO/GATT <----- that is good as it is......

ABout 95% of the public would have no clue what that is.

mconder
07-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I love the chart...many thanks. I was wondering of you could save off a higher res one so people can make large prints and have it look nice. If you can do this, please PM me with a link.

qednick
07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Consider adding:

1) Always reads proposed legislation before voting on it.

2) Always votes within bounds of constitution.

DisabledVet
07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
How BIG can you make this file....this needs to be POSTER SIZE and brought to EACH AND EVERY RALLY.... what easier way to instantly see how the candidates stack up on each or the issues... Now we just need one for Democrats to give the full picture.

So how big can it be made?

PatriotOne
07-11-2007, 10:07 AM

Hit me with feedback and maybe extra items/stances I can include...

Also, if you can find me some data to fill in the blue ?'s it'd be much appreciated.

LINK (http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/foofighter20x/?action=view&current=current.png)

Josh or Bradley: can you forward this to the campaign direct? Also, would love some feedback and double-fact-checking from them.

Great chart Foo. I was just thinking about something similar the other day. I know this would be alot of work, but what do you think about making those checkmarks link to another page that would list the data such as how they voted on the issue or to video's where they stated their position or to news articles where they were quoted on the issue? Perhaps this could be a team effort as I know all that research would be a lot of effort. If done right though, ayour great chart could turn into a VERY valuable tool over the internet.

mconder
07-11-2007, 10:45 AM
It'd be great if we could get several versions with different sets of issues.

I'd like to see some "For" stuff put in. Like "For Dismantling the IRS"

JoshLowry
07-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Could you provide us with the Photoshop file that you are using so that everyone could tailor the message for their area?

fiddler1
07-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow! Thats great! How bout including the democrats? Most of them would get plenty of nice red x's also!

Buzz
07-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow! Thats great! How bout including the democrats? Most of them would get plenty of nice red x's also!

Yeah, but that comes later. We only need to worry about the republican primaries and straw polls for now. It doesn't hurt to get R/D fence sitters on our side, though...

angrydragon
07-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Looks good.

Add taxes/spending and corporate and social welfare.

The second best looks like McCain.

I'm not sure about Rudy and socialized medicine.

Oh and add a special note that Ron has been against the Iraq war before it started.

njandrewg
07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
dugg :)
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/IMG_Side_by_side_comparison_of_all_Republicans_the ir_issues

CoreyBowen999
07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
That is an easy little flyer to put on car windows.

Blowback
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Very nice.

rg123
07-11-2007, 11:44 AM
I would not say that Fred head is against Amnesty his voting record proves otherwise and he also want to massivly increase visa'a and guest workers
he grades like a D on immigration and is against deportation of any illegals

njandrewg
07-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I think we need to do some background check on that...a few people said that McCain is actually against extended interrogation techniques

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
What is EEVS? I don't think most Americans are familiar with that term.

Employment Eligibilty Verification System

It's already law in the sense that its in its test phase and voluntary, but it was part of the recent immigration bill with a requirement for it to eventually be mandatory.

Basically you'd have to have your state document your ctizenship/legal residency and store it some federal database. Then, whenever you want to get a job, you'd have to let the employer check with the government that you aren't an illegal.

It's all a big invasion of privacy issue that is sososo prone to abuse. It'd be run by DHS and the law gives them power over how to "manage" the system (i.e. if the DHS Secretary doesn't like you, he deletes/turns off your file and then you can't get a job).

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I would not say that Fred head is against Amnesty his voting record proves otherwise and he also want to massivly increase visa'a and guest workers
he grades like a D on immigration and is against deportation of any illegals

Gotcha... I was just using his recent statements against the senate immigration bill that died two weeks ago

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I think we need to do some background check on that...a few people said that McCain is actually against extended interrogation techniques

he said in the SC GOP debate that in the million-to-one chance that it was the only way to save american lives that he'd "take that responsibility."

DJ RP
07-11-2007, 12:11 PM
I agree with either replacing or adding "consistently pro life" and "served in the millitary" those are excellent additions.

Also LOVE the idea of a flipflopping icon. If Thompson for instance used to be for amnesty but now isn't you can't lie and give him an X but you can give him the flip flopper icon :D

Erazmus
07-11-2007, 12:16 PM
This is a great comparison! It allows people instantly /graphically to see where the candidates stand on the issues. If they wish to challenge this, then they have to go research, which is a good thing!

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 12:31 PM
This is a great comparison! It allows people instantly /graphically to see where the candidates stand on the issues. If they wish to challenge this, then they have to go research, which is a good thing!
True. But we should still make our own effort to get the facts right the first time.

Erazmus
07-11-2007, 12:34 PM
True. But we should still make our own effort to get the facts right the first time.

People are going to challenge it, regardless of how accurate the facts are. For example, some people I know were hard lined ghouliani fans. They would not believe my information about him or Ron till they researched for themselves. Now, they agree. :p

njandrewg
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
so far the challenge on digg of this is:

1-More Biased Ron Paul propaganda
2-More Ron Paul fake news
3-You have to look at what the candidate is FOR, the reason they voted against the issue, is not because of the issue but because of the way it was presented.

Essentially it boils down to...you are wrong...the candidate's website says ____.

This is why I think the flip flopping choice is very important

berkeleybound
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree with either replacing or adding "consistently pro life" and "served in the millitary" those are excellent additions.

Also LOVE the idea of a flipflopping icon. If Thompson for instance used to be for amnesty but now isn't you can't lie and give him an X but you can give him the flip flopper icon :D

Bump to this. I definitely think these suggestions need to be in the next version. Also, a section on immigration.

foofighter20x
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
so far the challenge on digg of this is:

1-More Biased Ron Paul propaganda
2-More Ron Paul fake news
3-You have to look at what the candidate is FOR, the reason they voted against the issue, is not because of the issue but because of the way it was presented.

Essentially it boils down to...you are wrong...the candidate's website says ____.

This is why I think the flip flopping choice is very important

Well, with certain candidates, their voting record trump all... Esp Tancredo, F.Thompson, McCain, and Hunter (I don't have to worry about RP... his rhetoric matches his record).

Starks
07-11-2007, 01:35 PM
I think it's a bit too biased and wrongly presents Ron Paul as flawless politician... Make a joke category that gives him a "human" factor.

Example:

"Is a run-of-the-mill neo-con."

Ron Paul: X

klamath
07-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Great Job! If you want to change from appearing against to a more positive "for" you could try it this way.
Voted to protect
Amendment IV, US Constitution
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

(Patriot Act)

Favors the enforcement of;

Amendment VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

(Guantanomo.)

Supports following:

Amendment VIII U.S. Constitution
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

(Advanced interrogation techniques and torture.)

njandrewg
07-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I think we should make the final product a website
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=63202

Gigaplex
07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
This would be very useful to hand out at other candidates rallies and events. I think the flip flop icon is vital. You could make it a picture of flipper the dolphin, like the protester at the Iowa event. Here is what I see as the ideal list:

For abolishment of the IRS
Pro-life
Pro- 2nd Amendment
Against international government
Against socialized medicine
Against national ID card
For reinstating the constitution
Against Iraq war
Against pre-emptive war
Against amnesty for illegals
Against torturing enemies
Against warrantless searches
Against Patriot Act
Against military commissions act
For reinstating Habeas Corpus

njandrewg
07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
add an "Believes in evolution" line

wtbuser
07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
The problem of doing a chart like this for complex issues like Gay Marriage or Abortion is for Ron Paul they are not a Yes/No. They are a "leave it to the state", so unless you devise some stamp that implies that it wouldn't do him justice.

foofighter20x
07-12-2007, 12:33 PM
http://files.meetup.com/497390/Candidate%20Comparison.ppt

The Powerpoint slide for the side by side comparison has been posted here.

It's free to anyone. It's about 1.6MB in size.

Dan Klaus
07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
outstanding...thanks for making this!! I'll put it to good use..

SWATH
07-12-2007, 01:18 PM
McCain is pretty anti-gun

Here is a good run down of them all
http://gunowners.org/pres08/

EvoPro
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Is there a newer version of this yet?

Orat
07-29-2007, 01:14 AM
What font did you use for the checkmarks and 'X's? I'm getting sun symbols and airplanes. :-)

foofighter20x
07-29-2007, 01:29 AM
wingdings 2

capitals Q and G

freelance
07-29-2007, 05:30 AM
What are the chances of getting one comparing RP to Fred with the title ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS?

inibo
07-29-2007, 08:20 AM

Great minds think alike. I have been toying with the idea of something very similar using the now ubiquitous "He has never voted to raise taxes. He has never voted for an unbalanced budget..." list with references to concrete votes or unambiguous statements illustrating the positions of the other candidates. You have now inspired me to get off my ass and actually produce it.