PDA

View Full Version : GOP wants Rockefeller Republican NOT Huck!

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 01:22 PM
A political analyst I was having dinner with last night told me that the 'powers that be' in the GOP were circling their wagons against Huckabee. The GOP leadership wants a Rockefeller Republican not a conservative Republican.

This could be good news for us as most of the GOP doesn't give Ron a chance of winning in their minds, if they work to take down Huck, we can hopefully slide up and fill the gap.

Thoughts?

From Wiki:
"Historically Rockefeller Republicans were moderate or liberal on domestic and social policies. They typically favored New Deal programs, welfare, and civil rights—usually promising to run them more efficiently than the Democrats. They were strong supporters of big business. In fiscal policy they favored balanced budgets and relatively high tax levels to keep the budget balanced. They sought long-term economic growth through entrepreneurship, not tax cuts. In state politics, they were strong supporters of state colleges and universities, low tuition, and large research budgets. They favored infrastructure improvements, such as highway projects.

In foreign policy, Rockefeller Republicans were internationalists and anti-Communists. They felt the best way to counter Communism was sponsoring economic growth (through foreign aid), maintaining a strong military, and keeping close ties to NATO. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Republican

BrianH
12-27-2007, 01:33 PM
A political analyst I was having dinner with last night told me that the 'powers that be' in the GOP were circling their wagons against Huckabee. The GOP leadership wants a Rockefeller Republican not a conservative Republican.

Did he say who that might be?

davver
12-27-2007, 01:33 PM
The religious wing of the republican party is only suppose to speak when spoken too. At least that is how the powers that be want things. I don't think Huck is that far out of the elites grasp though. He is easily manipulated and he may even be a CFR member? I think they are more worried that Huck isn't intelligent and thus might screw up or worse maybe even decide he's in charge.

The three branches of the republican party: rockefeller reps in the northeast, religous evangelicals in the south, and libraterians in the west can no longer stand eachother. The entire party is about to fall apart.

rachmiel
12-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't think there are any Jewish people running for President.

"Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks."

MicroBalrog
12-27-2007, 01:39 PM
The Rockefeller Republicans have always been trying to take back over, and succeeded to a large extent with Nixon, Bush Mark I, and Mark II.

If a Rudy McRomney prevails, it will make their control final and sure.

erowe1
12-27-2007, 02:03 PM

But Huck is by no stretch of the imagination a conservative Republican. He's easily the most liberal one in the whole lot.

But your friend is still right that they're circling the wagons against the only option conservative Republicans have, Ron Paul.

Mental Dribble
12-27-2007, 02:17 PM
But Huck is by no stretch of the imagination a conservative Republican. He's easily the most liberal one in the whole lot.

But your friend is still right that they're circling the wagons against the only option conservative Republicans have, Ron Paul.

Lets be clear. He is FISCALLY liberal and CONSERVATIVE in fiscal matters.

BrianH
12-27-2007, 02:45 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/27/politics/main3650914.shtml

A new story about the Swift Boat gang that paid for attack ads on Kerry is at it again - against a GOP candidate -HUCKABEE. Go figure? I guess they want Hillary to win?

fedup100
12-27-2007, 03:03 PM

Oh I'm sorry I thought we were talking about Bloomberg from new York running for President, cause if that is the case, he is Jewish.

Biography

Bloomberg was born to a Jewish family of Polish[3][4] ancestry, at St. Elizabeth's Hospital, in the Boston neighborhood of Brighton on 14 February 1942. His father, William Henry Bloomberg, born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, was the son of Elick Bloomberg, a Russian Jewish immigrant and a real estate agent. His mother is Charlotte (Rubens) Bloomberg.[4] The family lived at 100 Brainerd Road in the Boston neighborhood of Allston until Bloomberg was two years old; they subsequently moved to Atherton Road, in Brookline, Massachusetts for the next two years, and finally settled in Medford, Massachusetts, a Boston suburb, where Bloomberg lived until after he graduated college.

Bloomberg attended Johns Hopkins University, where he joined Phi Kappa Psi, and graduated in 1964 with a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in electrical engineering. Later he received his Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Harvard Business School. He also achieved the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America.[5][6]

Bloomberg married Yorkshire-born Susan Brown in 1975; they divorced in 1993. Their marriage produced two daughters, Georgina Bloomberg (who has been featured on Born Rich, a documentary film about the children of the extremely wealthy), and Emma Bloomberg. Georgina was romantically linked in 2007 with Cian O'Connor, the Irish showjumper whose 2004 Olympic gold medal was withdrawn.[7]

Bloomberg's current girlfriend is former New York state banking superintendent Diana Taylor. His younger sister, Marjorie Tiven, is Commissioner of the New York City Commission for the United Nations, Consular Corps and Protocol. His mother, Charlotte (born 3 January 1909), is reported to be in very good health for her age.

Brutus
12-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd vote for Murray Rothbard for president, and he was Jewish.

thisisgiparti
12-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Bloomberg. Globalist. Fine for a mayor, but I think POTUS is too risky.

Bradley in DC
12-27-2007, 04:00 PM

At the risk of aggravating people here, I think we need to consider building alliances with Huck's army. Please, hear me out. I worked on the Forbes campaign's in 1996 and 2000 and many of my friends worked on the Buchanan campaigns. All of us would have liked Forbes or Buchanan over Dole and then Bush. By dividing the "grassroots" or "anti-establishment" votes, we let the establishment ones secure the nominations. This is a topic of conversation I've been having for months with some friends--veterans of those races.

Given that some states (or some parts of the delegates within states) are winner take all, we would be better off joining the grassroots campaigns together than allowing the establishment ones (Rudy) to sail to a coronation. For example, we're doing better in WV than Hucklebee, but the establishment there could still pull it off for Romney. If we aren't doing as well in another state that he could we win, we could join together and us take WV winner-take-all AL and pull our support for Huck in another place where we're not likely to win any delegates but we could stop the Rockafellers.

How, exactly, this might all play out, I'm not sure.

erowe1
12-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Lets be clear. He is FISCALLY liberal and CONSERVATIVE in fiscal matters.

I think you meant Huckabee is conservative in "social" matters, not "fiscal matters." Right?

But still, to be liberal in fiscal matters is to be liberal. Period. It's not like being pro-life makes up for being pro-bigger government, pro-more regulation, pro-amnesty, pro-redistribution of wealth, pro-higher taxes. If that's all it takes then Jimmy Carter is a conservative too. And frankly, I don't know who's the more liberal of the two of them.

fedup100
12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I would vote for Aaron Russo if he were still with us, he was also Jewish. I am not against all Jews. I am against fake Jews and those in power that wish to take or freedoms.

Matt Collins
12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
At the risk of aggravating people here, I think we need to consider building alliances with Huck's army. Please, hear me out. I worked on the Forbes campaign's in 1996 and 2000 and many of my friends worked on the Buchanan campaigns. All of us would have liked Forbes or Buchanan over Dole and then Bush. By dividing the "grassroots" or "anti-establishment" votes, we let the establishment ones secure the nominations. This is a topic of conversation I've been having for months with some friends--veterans of those races.

Given that some states (or some parts of the delegates within states) are winner take all, we would be better off joining the grassroots campaigns together than allowing the establishment ones (Rudy) to sail to a coronation. For example, we're doing better in WV than Hucklebee, but the establishment there could still pull it off for Romney. If we aren't doing as well in another state that he could we win, we could join together and us take WV winner-take-all AL and pull our support for Huck in another place where we're not likely to win any delegates but we could stop the Rockafellers.

You make some very valid points, however Ron himself has said that he would not support any of the current GOP field. I would assume that he wouldn't ask them to serve under him either.

I think that if Huck was offered the VP in a very neutered minimal role in the administration (which VPs usually are except for Cheney of course) then it would secure the nomination without a doubt. That would be a lot more populist than Rudy or Mitt at least.

The only problem is that if RP is assassinated or dies in office then we get the EXACT opposite.

I will make another thread postulating this idea to see what the response is.

Bradley in DC
12-28-2007, 09:13 PM
You make some very valid points, however Ron himself has said that he would not support any of the current GOP field. I would assume that he wouldn't ask them to serve under him either.

I'm not arguing that we cut a deal now for VP or anything, only that we consider ALL of our options for getting the nomination. If that means working with, perhaps, Huck to stop Rudy and get the nomination, I think we need to be more sophisticated about it.

In WV, Huckabee isn't going to get the At-Large delegates that will be awarded winner-take-all. I think the race there is going to boil down to a Ron Paul-Romney contest. Certainly Huck's Army would rather see us win than Romney, right? In this case, as I understand it, they will vote multiple times eliminating the one with the least support.

Again, if we want to win the nomination--and we do, we need to look at all of the ways to get us there. Heck, I can even think of some places I'd send Ambassador Giuliani!

Matt Collins
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Heck, I can even think of some places I'd send
Ambassador Giuliani!

I can think of a few places to tell him where to go :D

But seriously, see this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=737322#post737322

Goldwater Conservative
12-28-2007, 11:10 PM
The Rockefeller Republicans have always been trying to take back over, and succeeded to a large extent with Nixon, Bush Mark I, and Mark II.

I think they've been in power all along, they just had to disguise themselves as conservatives and often "settle" for running the show from behind the scenes.

cindy25
12-28-2007, 11:39 PM
its the Zionists that are the problem, and not all Jews are Zionists.

Russ Feingold was the only senator who voted against the patriot act, and is as far from Lieberman as anyone could be.

Fox McCloud
12-29-2007, 12:58 AM
socially and fiscally Huckabee is a liberal...the only issues he wavers on is gay marriage, guns, and abortion....definitely not appealing to the Christian right, if they actually took the time to step back and analyze the man.

If Huckabee wasn't a pastor, he'd be another nobody in this race.

*sigh* I really wish 9/11 hadn't happened....Ron would easily be the front-runner right now, even by the MSM's standards (as he'd be praised as being "the second Reagan".

Matt Collins
12-29-2007, 08:27 PM
*sigh* I really wish 9/11 hadn't happened....Ron would easily be the front-runner right now, even by the MSM's standards (as he'd be praised as being "the second Reagan".
I dunno - People might not hate GWB as much if 9/11 hadn't have happened.

Matt Collins
12-31-2007, 09:00 AM
I will make another thread postulating this idea to see what the response is.Yeah - that went over like a lead balloon ha ha ha

Thomas Paine
12-31-2007, 09:14 AM
I respect Bradley in DC's insights. However, I think it is too early to start thinking about forming alliances with Huck's army. Right now I think the ideal outcomes for Iowa and NH (besides a first place finish for Ron Paul in both states) would be for Huckabee to edge out Romney in Iowa and McCain to edge out Romney in NH. Romney has the money to survive a defeat in both states whereas Huck and McCain will not have the financial means to compete for Super Tuesday.

If Ron Paul can place third in Iowa, NH, Michigan, and SC (or higher), then Ron Paul will start to look like a viable candidate who not only can raise a lot of money from the grass roots but also someone who can consistently beat an establishment candidate (someone else is going to have to place fourth and fifth). The longer Ron Paul hangs around, the more time the GOP rank and file will have to re-examine his record and realize that he is the second coming of Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater and that maybe these other neocon/establishment candidates are nothing more than a bunch of doublespeaking, hypocritical, flip flopping, big brother government, big spending Republicrats.

Matt Collins
01-02-2008, 09:58 AM
It does make my stomach churn to think about an alliance with Huck

Green Mountain Boy
01-02-2008, 10:08 AM
People say Huck is not a Rockefeller Republican, but then we see him being advised by the chairman of Rockefeller's Council on Foreign Relations.

WilliamC
01-02-2008, 10:13 AM

I would think this type of politicking would have to be done by the folks in charge of the national campaign, not us grassroots. Of course the decision has to be made by Ron Paul himself. I am not for deliberately insulting anyone's supporters, it's counter productive in the long run and not the type of behaviour Ron Paul himself uses. I would just ask that grassroots folks be civil towards those they are trying to convince.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
It does make my stomach churn to think about an alliance with Huck

I don't think we should have an alliance with Huck at all.

Huck's Army however, is different. They are mostly good people who just don't know any better. We should try to foster a good relationship with them. The better relationship we have with them, the more of them will end up supporting Ron Paul when Huck falls from glory.

kill the banks
01-02-2008, 10:26 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/27/politics/main3650914.shtml

A new story about the Swift Boat gang that paid for attack ads on Kerry is at it again - against a GOP candidate -HUCKABEE. Go figure? I guess they want Hillary to win?

this is something they will try to do with ron paul if he scores big enough in primaries ... please be prepared campaign !!!!! ... respond quickly to kill any lie or deception they try ... grassroots as well , be prepared if you want to win ... it will be hardball

kill the banks

Matt Collins
01-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Bump for relevance.