PDA

View Full Version : positivity bomb

Pastanoose
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I am sure I'll be called a collectivist or troll or whatever for posting this, but I feel it needed to be said.

I know I have not posted much, nor have I been a member very long but to prove to you I am a RP supporter here is my teaparty recipt:
Thank you very much for your donation of $40.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T269323-106667201
-----------------------------------------------

I have noticed a lot of threads that have a negative connotation to them. From threads titled "prepare for a ron paul defeat" to arguments over the civil war to complaints about videos posted on the official site. We are doing great, don't doubt that! let us as individuals keep a positive light on things.

I remember someone saying that Tim Russert had an evil gleam in his eye when he said "you won't believe what what Ron Paul believes on some issues". I think this was a direct reference to the civil war issue. I think he knew how potentially divisive it could be. let's not give him that.

If we keep a positive attitude we will have a better chance of getting RP elected than if we let negativity gnaw away at us. self fulfilling prophecies are a two way street, I would rather it be a positive one.

for those that will inevitably call me a collectivist, that's fine call me what you will, but I fail to see the difference in calling for people to donate $100.00 on a certain day, and asking people to think and post positive messages.

hellah10
12-27-2007, 01:02 PM
i think the latest MSM smears have kinda put a damper on some grassroots... its okay though, we will learn to get through it and get over it when Russert absolutely owns Huckabee on Sunday

Highstreet
12-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I have noticed a lot of threads that have a negative connotation to them. From threads titled "prepare for a ron paul defeat" to arguments over the civil war to complaints about videos posted on the official site. We are doing great, don't doubt that! let us as individuals keep a positive light on things.

I remember someone saying that Tim Russert had an evil gleam in his eye when he said "you won't believe what what Ron Paul believes on some issues". I think this was a direct reference to the civil war issue. I think he knew how potentially divisive it could be. let's not give him that.

If we keep a positive attitude we will have a better chance of getting RP elected than if we let negativity gnaw away at us. self fulfilling prophecies are a two way street, I would rather it be a positive one.

Good post, good advice.

Keep highlighting Paul's positive message and ignore the naysayers. Refute them with the truth and we will win.

Pastanoose
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Good post, good advice.

Keep highlighting Paul's positive message and ignore the naysayers. Refute them with the truth and we will win.

thanks!

webber53
12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the breath of fresh positive air!

cameronb
12-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks - well said. We can all use some positive energy. Let's not forget the campaign slogan -- "Hope for America"!

The more that undecided voters see and hear that from us, its going to draw them in.

CzargwaR
12-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Heh, I just had the same thoughts on my mind about the negativity, and about the need for optimism.

We supporters do think alike

Laja
12-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Here, here, Pastanoose! Grassroots enthusiasts will continue to need positivity reminders as this campaign heats up. Here are a couple of good quotes from the master of positivity himself, Norman Vincent Peale:

"There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment."
Norman Vincent Peale

"We tend to get what we expect."
Norman Vincent Peale

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
Norman Vincent Peale