PDA

View Full Version : Just spoke (on msn messenger) to a mormon friend in Utah...

dfalken
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Hadn't spoken to him in quite a while and we started chatting on msn. Fully expected him to be a Romney supporter so just threw the question out there..."So are you voting for Romney?" He responded: "I don't think so, Ron Paul".

I was very surprised and pleased to hear this coming from a mormon. He didn't know that much about Ron Paul but he knew enough to vote for him I guess. He said he did like Romney but thought Paul would be better.

Of course at that point I went to work and made sure he was swayed just a "little" more our way. I expect he'll be joining us here in the forums later today. :D

Dorfsmith
12-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I have a friend who just went to Utah on business and he said there were Ron Paul signs everywhere he went. :D

DealzOnWheelz
12-27-2007, 12:36 PM
awesome

nist7
12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
w00t!!!!

Redmenace
12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Ron Paul is now leading in Utah on the AOL Straw poll, must have happened this morning because I haven't seen anyone leading there other that Romney.

mconder
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Hadn't spoken to him in quite a while and we started chatting on msn. Fully expected him to be a Romney supporter so just threw the question out there..."So are you voting for Romney?" He responded: "I don't think so, Ron Paul".

I was very surprised and pleased to hear this coming from a mormon. He didn't know that much about Ron Paul but he knew enough to vote for him I guess. He said he did like Romney but thought Paul would be better.

Of course at that point I went to work and made sure he was swayed just a "little" more our way. I expect he'll be joining us here in the forums later today. :D

I don't see why it is a stretch to think Mormons would support Ron Paul. Nearly every single one of his positions has been articulately defended by past Mormon prophets Ezra T. Benson as well as other prominent church leaders. A Mormon intellectual is responsible for the book 5000 Year Leap that Glen Beck is pushing on his program all the time. Cleon Skousen, the most read intellect in the Church is almost a mirror image of Ron Paul.

So how is this a surprise? The real disappointment here is that most members of my church have distanced themselves from their core values by supporting the statist Romney. This is more amazing considering one of the most cherished values of the Mormon faith is the free agency of man.

mconder
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Ron Paul is now leading in Utah on the AOL Straw poll, must have happened this morning because I haven't seen anyone leading there other that Romney.

Ron Paul took a distant second in the Utah GOP Straw Poll.

hard@work
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I spoke with a client who is LDS and a currency trader. He is a hard money guy and was going on about the feds etc, and Ron Paul.

rollingpig
12-27-2007, 01:01 PM
amazing

hellah10
12-27-2007, 01:02 PM
thats awesome