PDA

View Full Version : Anti-tax automated push polling in NH

jgmaynard
12-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I just got an automated push-polling call here in NH from Americans for Tax Reform. They were pushing four candidates, including Paul. They're going against McCain and another person (spaced which one). Interesting...

JM

bbachtung
12-27-2007, 12:16 PM
I can guess that they're going after Huck (along with McCain); it is good to hear that they are actually pushing Paul in NH.

jgmaynard
12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry - Once I realized it was an anti-tax push-polling call, I was so intent on listening on whether or not they mentioned Paul, the recording kept saying their names and all I registered was not-Paul, not-Paul, Paul (yay!), not-Paul. :) But Paul was mentioned third of four anti-taxers. I am pretty sure Huck was the 2nd name mentioned on the anti-tax list (yuck! why!?) because I breifly remember wondering if Huck's people were running it. I am also fairly sure that Romney was the 1st name on the anti-tax list and that Guili was the other tax-riser listed along with McCain.

JM

coffeewithchess
12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
LOL! If Huck's name was mentioned on the "anti-tax" side, he must be paying for it...that man doesn't have any record of being anti-tax.

scooter
12-27-2007, 12:41 PM
I asked my minister at church the other day what he thought of the politics and he said something to the effect that he was leaning towards Huckabee because Huck said he wanted to get rid of the IRS.

I spent 3 minutes explaining Ron Paul's stance on the matter and I'm pretty sure he got very interested.

I think it is starting to get around that Huck is the guy for an anti-tax stance. This couldn't be further from the truth because he wants to replace it with sales tax and other means, rather than getting rid of the beaurocracy and leaving us with NO TAX.

Mani
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I asked my minister at church the other day what he thought of the politics and he said something to the effect that he was leaning towards Huckabee because Huck said he wanted to get rid of the IRS.

I spent 3 minutes explaining Ron Paul's stance on the matter and I'm pretty sure he got very interested.

I think it is starting to get around that Huck is the guy for an anti-tax stance. This couldn't be further from the truth because he wants to replace it with sales tax and other means, rather than getting rid of the beaurocracy and leaving us with NO TAX.

In a couple of debates he's said he wants to get rid of the IRS, so that soundbite must be floating around.

jgmaynard
12-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Got it - I looked at the group's website - It's an organization run by Grover Norquist - a powerful right-wing ally to have. But the group he runs that is doing the poll is either a flat-tax or sales-tax group. It's probably Huck's sales-tax stance that has them interested in him.

JM

trispear
12-27-2007, 12:51 PM
In a couple of debates he's said he wants to get rid of the IRS, so that soundbite must be floating around.

Yeah. He doesn't want to cut spending. He doesn't want to cut revenue to the government (all of us still paying what we pay now). He just wants to dump the IRS for a 23% sale's tax. On top of whatever state sale's tax you're paying now.

At least poor people don't have to pay a lot of income tax directly. This will just kill anybody NOT RICH including the middle class.

Way to go Huck!