PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp - Due to headwinds the Pilot is taking a route directly toward Savanna

DanielDeibler
12-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Due to headwinds the Pilot is taking a route directly toward Savannah then Jacksonville. There will not be an overflight of Fayetteville or other cities along 95. This change is to help keep the Blimp on schedule for the Jacksonville, FL event… sorry everyone!

Dave Pedersen
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
cool. thanks for the update ; )

ronpaulfan
12-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for letting us know.

My guess is the donations will pick up after it's in the air more continually.

shadow26
12-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Due to headwinds the Pilot is taking a route directly toward Savannah then Jacksonville. There will not be an overflight of Fayetteville or other cities along 95. This change is to help keep the Blimp on schedule for the Jacksonville, FL event… sorry everyone!

The blimp flew over Fayetteville last week. It appears that it will be interesecting Interstate 95 within the hour, where it will be visible to lots of northbound and southbound travellers. In addition, it will still pass over a number of good size towns along 95...this will still be a GREAT DAY of high visibility for the blimp. Weather for Jacksonville tomorrow looks nice, as well.:)

Dave Pedersen
12-27-2007, 12:05 PM
The best way to generate donations is to record the local tv reports of the people's reactions to the blimp and post those videos for people to see at your website. Fun media buzz is the most excellent form of exposure. Work the crowds and the local news will cover it.

KMA-NWO
12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Is the blimp coming to the west coast (like Phoenix AZ, San Diego CA, etc) or are we going to have to settle for the 30' attached-to-the-ground blimp that we currently have here in SD?

Jimmy
12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
SOoooooooo where is the blimp at NOW?? I'm in the Savannah area and would like to catch a look? Got any suggestions or know where its at anyone??

pacelli
12-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Good timely update.

Jimmy, check out the ronpaulblimp.com website, there is a blimptracker link that shows you exactly where it is using GPS.

Jimmy
12-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Good timely update.

Jimmy, check out the ronpaulblimp.com website, there is a blimptracker link that shows you exactly where it is using GPS.

Thanks for trying....maybe its just me but I cannot make heads or tales of that map. I don't even see the blimp on that God forsaken map that I'm pretty sure Satan himself had a large part in creating....VERY frustrated

shadow26
12-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for trying....maybe its just me but I cannot make heads or tales of that map. I don't even see the blimp on that God forsaken map that I'm pretty sure Satan himself had a large part in creating....NEVER frustrated

The feed is working for the moment...they are flying next to Interstate 95 with the windows open...landing the blimp in Florence, SC to fuel up...sure would be nice if someone on the ground had a video camera. Local news station, maybe...

Mckarnin
12-27-2007, 02:24 PM
SOoooooooo where is the blimp at NOW?? I'm in the Savannah area and would like to catch a look? Got any suggestions or know where its at anyone??

It now looks like the blimp will be setting down for the night 40mi north of Savannah so you'll probably get to see her as she flies to Jacksonville tommorow.

Jimmy
12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
It now looks like the blimp will be setting down for the night 40mi north of Savannah so you'll probably get to see her as she flies to Jacksonville tommorow.

Cool....tracker is working now. Hey where exactly is it going to be outside of Savannah tonight? Somewhere the public could see it ? Lighted up around there? Any info? Thanks