PDA

View Full Version : From my sources in Europe and MidEast: Bhutto and how it related to Ron Paul's dictum

rp08rp
12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Bhutto's death in part due to US policy and the total failure that is Condi Rice and Tex sidekick Bush who both pressured Musharraf to first bring her out of exile, and then secondly lift the state of emergency in Pakistan to "speed democracy"
And didnt Musharraf want her quelled anyway?

Now, who's the old "Coot" named Ron something who always says we are
too involved in other country's bizness...
and cant tell others what to do.

ISOLATIONISM or NON-INTERVENTION!?

Micahyah
12-27-2007, 10:09 AM
yep,
billions down the drain and years later what is there to show for it?

The mainstream media will say now there's more excuse to spend billions of more dollars.

I see it as massive waste.

We spend billions and billions of dollars, and our intervention leads to more and more unrest.

rp08rp
12-27-2007, 10:21 AM
yep,

The mainstream media will say now there's more excuse to spend billions of more dollars.

We spend billions and billions of dollars, and our intervention leads to more and more unrest.

correct you are,

MsDoodahs
12-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Didn't we NEED to cause a shitload of unrest? How ELSE can the powers that be get US citizens behind the "we HAVE to go in and POLICE them" attitude?

wgadget
12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Instead of calling Ron an ISOLATIONIST, we should be calling them INTERVENTIONISTS.

Liberty Star
12-27-2007, 10:44 AM
WE have been married to military dictators there going back decades. Anyone remembers praising current dictator Musharaf when he overthrew democratically elected government there some years ago?

We need to reevaluate our support for these autocratic regimes if we want to reduce radicalism in the world.

DaneKirk
12-27-2007, 10:45 AM
It is too bad, if she was elected we would have been allowed to blow the shit out of the tribal areas, yes you heard me correctly. That was her stance on what she called the greatest threat to her country.

Redmenace
12-27-2007, 10:46 AM
If we weren't standing in the way of freedom by propping up a military dictatorship then perhaps Pakistan would have a stable democratic government.

Sandra
12-27-2007, 10:53 AM
The US draws her out from exile, promised her security, she mysteriously is murdered. From the start people have said she was intended to be nothing more than a target to further the Al Qaida fable. They were right.

Enzo
12-27-2007, 11:14 AM
If Musharraf is responsible, then this is the second time a Bhutto will have been killed by a US supported Military dictatorship in Pakistan.

Benazir Bhutto's father, who was the elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, was jailed and killed by General Zia Ul Haq.... who led a military coup that overthrew the democratic govt. and instituted Islamic law. The US supported Haq because he supported our efforts in Afghanistan against the Soviets.

sinjo
12-27-2007, 11:29 AM
The next 15 days are going to be very difficult for this campaign in regards to MSM and anyone who believes that we need to protect ourselves by intervention in other countries.

It's already being reported that the US is sending troops:
US military beefs up Pakistan force (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22978944-2,00.html)

With the current administration having our forces "over there", we are already committed.

The GWB message will continue:
"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. "

With the implications of nukes, India, Al Qaeda, etc. this will be spun over the next 15+ days by the neocons and MSM correlating to votes:
Every US citizen now has a decision to make. Either you are with "us", or you are with the terrorists. "us" being the ones that support the USofA being a world police.

Point of this post:
I hope the grassroots movement can show up a vote against this crapola and overcome the sheeple that will buy into this BS! I believe it will, but like the boyscout motto - Always be prepared.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
After that attack Ms Bhutto revealed that she had received a letter signed by a person who claimed to be a friend of al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden threatening to slaughter her like a goat.

She accused Pakistani authorities of not providing her with sufficient security and hinted that they may have been complicit in the bomb attack. Asif Ali Zardari, her husband, directly accused the ISI of being involved in that attempt on her life.

Mrs Bhutto stopped short of blaming the Government directly, saying that she had more to fear from unidentified members of a power structure that she described as allies of the “forces of militancy”.

Analysts say that President Musharraf himself is unlikely to have ordered her assassination, but that elements of the army and intelligence service would have stood to lose money and power if she had become Prime Minister.

The ISI, in particular, includes some Islamists who became radicalised while running the American-funded campaign against the Soviets in Afghanistan and remained fiercely opposed to Ms Bhutto on principle.

Saudi Arabia, which has strong influence in Pakistan, is also thought to frown on Ms Bhutto as being too secular and Westernised and to favour Nawaz Sharif, another former Prime Minister.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3100052.ece

Liberty Star
12-27-2007, 01:36 PM
If Musharraf is responsible, then this is the second time a Bhutto will have been killed by a US supported Military dictatorship in Pakistan.

Benazir Bhutto's father, who was the elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, was jailed and killed by General Zia Ul Haq.... who led a military coup that overthrew the democratic govt. and instituted Islamic law. The US supported Haq because he supported our efforts in Afghanistan against the Soviets.

This does benefit Musharaf's military dictatorship. You are right, Afghan policy was the reason for us supporting last Islamist military dictator there.

It is quite ironic that GOP is supporting Islamic radicals regime in Iraq right now. As was the case few years back in Afghanistan when they funded and armed Islamic Jihadis.

There may have not been any Talibans, Osama and big mess in that region had it not been for Afghanistan destabalization couple of decades ago and the long Jihad between US/Saudi/Pakistan supported Mujahideens and Russians and millions of orhpans that that war created. Those orphans later became a crop for Talibans and other radical militant groups.

Nyte
12-27-2007, 01:44 PM
yep,

Look at Rudy's statement this morning.

"We need to redouble our efforts in the war on terror..."

seapilot
12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
yep,

The U.S. is broke, the rest of the world is not wanting to accept the FRN much longer. The wars will end because we cant pay for them anymore, simple as that. Soviet Union...broke, British Empire....broke, Spain....broke, Romans....broke. History always seems to repeat itself.

jointhefightforfreedom
12-27-2007, 01:58 PM
US Special Forces are to increase their presence in Pakistan amid assessments that the country is to become the central battlefield for al-Qaida as it is driven from Iraq.

"The first US (Special Forces) personnel could be on the ground in Pakistan early in the new year", the report said.

US Central Command chief Admiral William Fallon said the US forces would provide training and mentoring based on the US experience with the insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan.

WTF?? now we have to police yet another country
I call for No Taxation without Representation
I don't agree with policing the world . I didn't authorize my tax dollars to be spent overseas!
We need a "Cut off the money" Campaign that will wake up Washington
We Should not spend a single F-ing penny more outside of our own country
Can't we charge the politicians with Fiduciary Malfeason?

BeFranklin
12-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Didn't we NEED to cause a shitload of unrest? How ELSE can the powers that be get US citizens behind the "we HAVE to go in and POLICE them" attitude?

Thats what I think. This can be an excuse to "police the country" that might be "harboring terrorists", and Bush has been funding the other guy.

Real_CaGeD
12-27-2007, 02:48 PM
It is too bad, if she was elected we would have been allowed to blow the shit out of the tribal areas, yes you heard me correctly. That was her stance on what she called the greatest threat to her country.

What makes you think the neocons want to kill their cia assets? (assets-tribal areas- al k dur)

AceNZ
12-27-2007, 03:16 PM
We need a "Cut off the money" Campaign that will wake up Washington

As long as the Federal Reserve exists, there's no way to cut off the money. Unlike World War II, where the war was funded by public purchase of war bonds, the government these days just prints more money when they need it -- and robs the rest of us with inflation in the process....

Proemio
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Bhutto's death in part due to US policy and the total failure that is Condi Rice and Tex sidekick Bush who both pressured Musharraf to first bring her out of exile, and then secondly lift the state of emergency in Pakistan to "speed democracy"
And didnt Musharraf want her quelled anyway?

Looks like your sources are approved for "Grassy Roots" - interesting...

That spin is the geopolitical equivalent of "911 was in inside job by Bush". :D

Gimpster
12-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Many people also tend to forget that at some points during WW2, the money was thin. Bond drives started to produce less and less income for the war.

As long as the Federal Reserve exists, there's no way to cut off the money. Unlike World War II, where the war was funded by public purchase of war bonds, the government these days just prints more money when they need it -- and robs the rest of us with inflation in the process....

BeFranklin
12-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Instead of calling Ron an ISOLATIONIST, we should be calling them INTERVENTIONISTS.

Hear Hear. That is the truth, and will actually catch on if said because it is the truth. Now with the assassination caused by interventionist policies, a vocal group can get that word to start being used. Time to start writing.

Unspun
12-27-2007, 04:04 PM

The thing with that is Isolationist is a smear and Interventionalist is truth.