PDA

View Full Version : religious fanatics slam ron paul

Paul or not at all
12-27-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/swank/071219

skeptic
12-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Alan Keyes is a perennial candidate for office with no visible means of support. Seriously, he has no job that I can see, yet he is always offered up as a candidate. I wonder who his sugar daddy is.

jmarinara
12-27-2007, 10:24 PM
My response:

--First of all, is Mike Huckabee really a Christian, or to be more fair, is he really ACTING like a Christian:

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12205

--Second of all, does Mike Huckabee read his Bible at all:

"We have a Biblical obligation to end Global Warming." -- Huckabee (And what verse is that, Mr. Huckabee?)

--Third of all, this comment "And if Huckabee ends up in the White House, the Republic will have returned to its Judeo-Christian heritage in style." is indicitive of what the problem is in this country with Christians. I'd rather actually return to the Judeo-Christian Heritage in Principle, not in style. Mike Huckabee will be a Marxist in Principal, and a "Christian" in style.

--Fourth, and most importantly, if Mike Huckabee is indeed the "Christian Leader" (gag me with a spoon) as he insists on rubbing our faces in during his commercials, why then did he raise taxes beyond Biblical restrictions, fund abortion in his state budgets, protect abortionists, fund ungodly public schools, and seek to expand government in other ways that is beyond Biblical restrictions for Government?

Also, why should I vote for a man that seem to be full of covetousness when the Bible tells us not to choose magistrates that are full of covetousness?

That Bible you have is for more than just looking good on Sunday's. It actually means something. Isn't it about time we started applying it?

By the way, Fascism will indeed come wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. As Orwell said, we will embrace it with open arms and be charmed at our new found chains believing them to be freedom. Wake up sir. Your country, and King, need you.

Jason Marianna
-Milwaukee WI

Molly1
12-27-2007, 11:20 PM
"Paul brazenly said: "When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'...""

I am a Christian, and it's taken me a long time to realize that this quote is exactly right.

As for Huckabee, somebody should introduce him to the Lord Jesus, the Prince of Peace.

SPmachina033
12-27-2007, 11:25 PM
"Paul brazenly said: "When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'...""

I am a Christian, and it's taken me a long time to realize that this quote is exactly right.

As for Huckabee, somebody should introduce him to the Lord Jesus, the Prince of Peace.

I guess Huck doesn't believe in the whole WWJD thing... I am a Christian and cannot stand his holier than thou type attitude. He just seems like someone who is going to claim that his decisions as president are God's will. That is IF he did become pres.

bbachtung
12-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Don't forget that Ron Paul was booed at the "Values Voters Debate" in Florida when he suggested that Jesus was the Prince of Peace and that St. Augustine's "just war" theory should rule the day.

PaleoConservative
12-27-2007, 11:43 PM
This wasn't one of Dr. Paul's finest moments.

There was no reason to compare that ad to facism. The good Dr. got caught off guard I think a bit with that question. Oh well, Dr. Paul doesn't need to go around bragging about his Christan beliefs cause he has live a principle that he has for us to exam.

DowntownGator
12-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Of course it wasn't a politically correct statement, but that's why I love Ron Paul. He isn't afraid to speak his mind.

As a Christian myself, Huckabee doesn't resonate with me as being a sincere follower of Jesus. In fact, I cringe every time I hear him to attempt to use Christianity for personal gain because some of his actions are not even remotely close to WWJD. Accordingly, Ron Paul's statement reflects my own sentiments given what is known about Huckabee:

Ask lots of folks in Arkansas, including Republicans, and a fair number will probably tell you that Huck is for Huck is for Huck. National media folks like David Brooks, dealing in surface appearances only, rave about what a nice guy Huckabee is, and a moral exemplar to boot. If they only did a little homework, they would discover a guy with a thin skin, a nasty vindictive streak, and a long history of imbroglios about questionable ethics.

Once, Gov. Huckabee even had the gall to file suit against the state ethics commission. He lost.

Fourteen times, the ethics commission -- a respected body, not a partisan witch-hunt group -- investigated claims against Huckabee. Five of those times, it officially reprimanded him. And, as only MSNBC among the big national media has reported at any real length, there were lots of other mini-scandals and embarrassments along the way.

He used public money for family restaurant meals, boat expenses, and other personal uses. He tried to claim as his own some $70,000 of furniture donated to the governor's mansion. He repeatedly, and obstinately, against the pleadings even from conservative columnists and editorials, refused to divulge the names of donors to a "charitable" organization he set up while lieutenant governor -- an outfit whose main charitable purpose seemed to be to pay Huckabee to make speeches. Then, as a kicker, he misreported the income itself from the suspicious "charity."

Huckabee has been criticized, reasonably so, for misusing the state airplane for personal reasons. And he and his wife, Janet, actually set up a "wedding gift registry" (they had already been married for years) to which people could donate as the Huckabees left the governorship, in order to furnish their new $525,000 home.

According to the Arkansas News Bureau (Feb. 1, 2003), "Huckabee's personal lawyer, Kevin Crass of Little Rock, has said Huckabee believes there should be no limit on gifts short of a bribe." After all, said Janet Huckabee, public officials like her husband should be automatically trusted: "Until you absolutely positively know that the man has outright lied to you, it should be enough that the man's word is that everything was done appropriately, legally, to the best of his knowledge to the letter of the law."

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12205

MrCobaltBlue
12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I find it funny Huckabee claims to be a Christian, but is arrogant enough to promote denying our "God-given Freedoms" and continue us into this illegal war.

Jeremiah
12-28-2007, 04:30 PM
The actual statement was made by Sinclair Lewis and RP made that clear. He later said it just came to mind when he was asked about the commercial. In any event it was fair comment, no big deal, unless you are trying to score points. MH is a Christian, an imperfect believer, like RP, but also like many others he has been subverted by his attachment to Israel, the Christian Zionist cause and the eschatology of JN Darby and Schofield, whose work was funded by a Jewish banker to support Zionist ambitions. RP is not a Christian Zionist and actually does try to live out his Christian profession according to the teachings of the scriptures. Many Christians have become bloodthirsty because of their blind allegiance to Israel. I used to be a Zionist myself so I understand the attachment.

Xanax Nation
12-28-2007, 05:46 PM
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1649467

Let's have another look at huck's video. :D

jmarinara
12-28-2007, 06:42 PM
The actual statement was made by Sinclair Lewis and RP made that clear. He later said it just came to mind when he was asked about the commercial. In any event it was fair comment, no big deal, unless you are trying to score points. MH is a Christian, an imperfect believer, like RP, but also like many others he has been subverted by his attachment to Israel, the Christian Zionist cause and the eschatology of JN Darby and Schofield, whose work was funded by a Jewish banker to support Zionist ambitions. RP is not a Christian Zionist and actually does try to live out his Christian profession according to the teachings of the scriptures. Many Christians have become bloodthirsty because of their blind allegiance to Israel. I used to be a Zionist myself so I understand the attachment.

Well said sir.

thisisgiparti
12-28-2007, 07:25 PM
The Politico broke a story today about how Huck preaches conservative values like right to life / anti-abortion (he has even spoken out against "abortion mills" in this country.) Then he receives $70,000 a year in speaking engagements from a company that sells morning after pills and fetuses for stem cell research.

I am not saying Mike Huckabee is entirely hypocritical, but I would imagine his supporters would like their President to be "better than that." Of course, they're drinking a powerful Kool-Aid, so who can say what they really think? To me, it shows there is always room for politics in Huckabee's religion, and even Bush could take a firm stand on this. Crazy as he was with his Holy War, at least he had a few principles. This bodes ill for Huckabee, who as this race continues looks more and more like some Bush / Clinton bastard... with the worst parts of each parent.