PDA

View Full Version : Who orchestrated the Bhutto assassination?

fortilite
12-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Pakistani Intelligence agency? With or with out Musharef approval? Some other opposition group? The CIA? Muslim fundamentalists? India?

CCTelander
12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Watch for the Old Media to blame Ron Paul supporters! :D

Dave Pedersen
12-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I can't imagine the arrogant CIA letting anyone murder someone of importance without getting their hands dirty. No doubt they insisted on lending their expertise to insure success. It would be hard for Pakistani Intelligence to argue against receiving such experienced assistance. Those who are in the business of murder tend to relish it.

fortilite
12-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I can't imagine the arrogant CIA letting anyone murder someone of importance without getting their hands dirty. No doubt they insisted on lending their expertise to insure success. It would be hard for Pakistani Intelligence to argue against receiving such experienced assistance. Those who are in the business of murder tend to relish it.

It wouldn't be the first time something happened right under the CIA's nose with out them ever finding out.

Alex Libman
12-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Sad, sad news. Very inappropriate to joke about this. But I will anyway. ;)

I think... Huckabee did it!

Yup, the Dec27th.com Huckabomb went off as scheduled. Huck's Army admits their aim was a little off though. Chuck Norris of the Delta Force could not be reached for comment....

TooConservative
12-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Watch for the Old Media to blame Ron Paul supporters! :D

Not RP supporters who are too busy with their Blimp Of Death. This situation required direct action from Ron Paul.

Don't mention in public that no one has seen Kent Snyder since yesterday.

Just a coincidence? And if Big Media starts asking where Kent is, deny, deny, deny.

islather
12-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Supposedly alqaeda claim to be responsible

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Security/?id=1.0.1710322437

european
12-27-2007, 10:08 AM
i vote: no clue :p

Real_CaGeD
12-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Paki intel doesnt shit without cia authorization.

Liberty Star
Who knows but we should take a look at who benefits from this?

The New York Times then cited the results of the latest poll conducted by the International Republican Institute (IRI) that showed Musharraf's approval ratings in Pakistan as being lower even than those of Bush in the United States. 67 percent of Pakistanis want him to resign immediately whereas 70 percent believe his party does not deserve re-election. Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), with 30 percent support, emerges as the single largest party in Pakistan's multi-party system. Conservative former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) is in second position with 25 percent support. Most people would prefer a Bhutto-Sharif coalition to rule the country rather then the Musharraf-Bhutto alliance favored in Washington.

No one claimed responsibility for the attack. But some of Bhutto's supporters at the hospital began chanting, "Killer, Killer, Musharraf," referring to Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, Bhutto's main political opponent. A few began stoning cars outside.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/husain-haqqani/will-bush-endorse-musharr_b_76967.html

Dr.3D
Supposedly alqaeda claim to be responsible

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Security/?id=1.0.1710322437

What is the difference between Alqaeda and the government of Pakistan?

pcosmar
12-27-2007, 10:12 AM
I wanted to make two votes. Pakistani Intelligence with the CIA.
I believe they have been active there for some time.

ItsTime
12-27-2007, 10:13 AM
a lot of people.

But a man being interviewed by CNN from Pakistan TV was saying that the western MSM were the only ones saying the bombers are Muslim extremists. Most are saying it was Musharref.

Geez now CNN is reporting that FBI and CIA should go help. here we go again.

Who benefits?

DaneKirk
12-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Paki intel doesnt shit without cia authorization.

And what makes you an expert on such issues?

Real_CaGeD
12-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Lets see, CIA started al quieda (afghanistan)

Mushareff coup was backed by CIA (puppet)

Person about to win election to share power with cia puppet leader= assasination

DaneKirk
12-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I wanted to make two votes. Pakistani Intelligence with the CIA.
I believe they have been active there for some time.

Poppycock! When you look at what Bhutto was saying she stood against terrorists who have tried to kill her before, therefore I would say that she would have stood with us on many issues. I do not see why we would have had anything to do with it. Any talk of the CIA being involved is makes no sense to me.

pcosmar
12-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Poppycock! When you look at what Bhutto was saying she stood against terrorists who have tried to kill her before, therefore I would say that she would have stood with us on many issues. I do not see why we would have had anything to do with it. Any talk of the CIA being involved is makes no sense to me.

The CIA is as corrupt as the day is long. They have a documented history of assinations and interference in other countries.
They created the terrorists as a way to recruit fighters.

asgardshill
12-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Bush's fault.

No, really. He even personally wired up the det cord to the homicide bomber's vest. Then Laura needlepointed little green frogs on it. Then Barney took a wiz on it.:rolleyes:

Micahyah
12-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Bhutto's closest advisor said it was Musharraff to blame. Said he was complicit by negligence or design.

erikm
12-27-2007, 10:59 AM
The CIA is as corrupt as the day is long. They have a documented history of assinations and interference in other countries.
They created the terrorists as a way to recruit fighters.

All true. CIA also has a fairly long history of blinker-vision (Persia 1979 anyone) and short-sightedness (Iran/Contra, various other items).

This could have been any one of several parties, most of which are in Pakistan or the Pakistan/Afghanistan borderland. The obvious foreign culprits (US and India) IMO wouldn't really have any desire to do this. I really doubt they want a civil war in a country with nuclear weapons. Especially not (in India's case) in a country on their border with which they've already fought several wars and with which they're not friendly.

Cheers,
ErikM

Starks
12-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I won't discount the possibility that "Islamofascist" groups like Al-Qaeda was behind this, but I'm fairly certain that Musharraf's administration was behind it.

Dr.3D
12-27-2007, 11:42 AM
I won't discount the possibility that "Islamofascist" groups like Al-Qaeda was behind this, but I'm fairly certain that Musharraf's administration was behind it.

Because Musharraf wouldn't allow us to go after Al-Qaeda in Pakistan, I am still having trouble understanding the difference between Al-Qaeda and the government of Pakistan. Seems the government of Pakistan supports Al-Qaeda all the while in order to be 'right' with the United States and get money, says they are not.

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Here is a better question:

WHO CARES?!?!

TheIndependent
12-27-2007, 12:00 PM
CIA!? Are some of you insane?

1000-points-of-fright
12-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Here is a better question:

WHO CARES?!?!

Pakistan's nuclear arsenal cares. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Al Qaeda (or some other Islamic extremist group) with a wink and a nod from the Musharraf administration.

pcosmar
12-27-2007, 12:12 PM
CIA!? Are some of you insane?

Quite Sane.
It's an insane world.
Do you find sanity in the CIAs past record?

"Paperclip"
"Bluebird"
"Mk Ultra"
"Ajax"
"Northwoods"
And on and on etc.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
I do not see why we would have had anything to do with it.

I can't even look at this or many things in terms of "we." Besides being one of many who's allowed our government to run amok, I had absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm not even saying I think american govt was involved, but we shouldn't even have to speculate about that. It's a real sad thing that anyone can speculate about it.

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Pakistan's nuclear arsenal cares. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Al Qaeda (or some other Islamic extremist group) with a wink and a nod from the Musharraf administration.
And again, what does this have to with the United States?

Thomas Paine
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Bhutto's assassination benefits Musharref a whole lot more than it benefits the Jihadists.

shoms_w
12-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Every leader in that region is evil and corrupt. They are worth billions. I say, you live by the sword you die by the sword.

Usually my heart skips a beat when I read something to this effect. This time I could care less. It was expected. And for who did it? Who cares!

1000-points-of-fright
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Nothing directly. But that's not what you asked. You asked "who cares?" and while it has nothing to do with us directly, we should care just a little bit about the security of a nuclear arsenal in an unstable part of the world.

Thomas Paine
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
The neocons have made an alliance with the military dictatorship in Pakistan. In exchange for not pushing for democracy and letting the military dictatorship remain in charge of Pakistan, the military dictatorship must not let the Jihadists get their hands on Pakistan's nuclear weapons. Bhutto's anticipated popular election was going to upset this convenient arrangement. Hence, I would not be surprised if years later someone publishes the equivalent of the Pentagon Papers that disclose how Bhutto was taken out by the Pakistani military with a wink and a nod from the neocons in charge of the White House and the CIA.

By the way, the above arrangement explains why Bin Laden has not been captured even though he is known to be hiding in NW Pakistan. The Pakistani military extracted a quid pro quo from the Bush White House whereby Bin Laden would remain free in NW Pakistan in exchange for the Pakistani military remaining in firm control of the country and its nuclear arsenal. This way the Pakistani military can assuage the Jihadists' hatred for the Pakistani military by letting Bin Laden live in exchange for the Jihadists murdering any advocates of democracy in Pakistan. In essence, an axis of power has developed between the Neocons within the Beltway, the Pakistani military, and the Pakistani Jihadists.

haaaylee
12-27-2007, 12:52 PM

apparently we're gonna send our "help" there. and we'll probably get in the middle of a civil war. and it will go on forever and ever. and americans will probably die.

plus, if we had something to do with it it definitely affects us.
and, it's going to affect the election now. it might even hurt ron.

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 01:11 PM
The neocons have made an alliance with the military dictatorship in Pakistan. In exchange for not pushing for democracy and letting the military dictatorship remain in charge of Pakistan, the military dictatorship must not let the Jihadists get their hands on Pakistan's nuclear weapons. Bhutto's anticipated popular election was going to upset this convenient arrangement. Hence, I would not be surprised if years later someone publishes the equivalent of the Pentagon Papers that disclose how Bhutto was taken out by the Pakistani military with a wink and a nod from the neocons in charge of the White House and the CIA.

By the way, the above arrangement explains why Bin Laden has not been captured even though he is known to be hiding in NW Pakistan. The Pakistani military extracted a quid pro quo from the Bush White House whereby Bin Laden would remain free in NW Pakistan in exchange for the Pakistani military remaining in firm control of the country and its nuclear arsenal. This way the Pakistani military can assuage the Jihadists' hatred for the Pakistani military by letting Bin Laden live in exchange for the Jihadists murdering any advocates of democracy in Pakistan. In essence, an axis of power has developed between the Neocons within the Beltway, the Pakistani military, and the Pakistani Jihadists.

Fascinating perspective.... Links?

Thomas Paine
12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I have no links. I am an attorney so I just follow the evidence.

It is a fact that that Pakistan has a nuclear arsenal (about 30 nuclear weapons). It is a fact that if the Jihadists took over Pakistan and its nuclear arsenal that they would likely use or attempt to use them. It is a fact that despite the neocons chest thumping about bringing democracy to the Middle East that Musharref and his military junta have been given a free pass thus far by the neocons. It is a fact that Bin Laden was last seen along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border at the battle of Bora Bora. It is a fact that the Pakistani Intelligence Agency has long standing ties to the Jihadists in Pakistan. It is a fact that there is little love between Bhutto and the Pakistani military since the military executed Bhutto's father nearly 30 years ago and imprisoned his daughter for several years before she was finally released.

I will admit that I could poke holes in my foregoing hypothesis but I just wanted to stimulate a discussion from others who are more knowledgeable about Pakistan than I am.

inibo
12-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Other than this...

Blessed be the name of God forever and ever:
for wisdom and might are his:
And he changeth the times and the seasons:
he removeth kings, and setteth up kings:
he giveth wisdom unto the wise,
and knowledge to them that know understanding:

This matter is by the decree of the watchers,
and the demand by the word of the holy ones:
to the intent that the living may know
that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men,
and giveth it to whomsoever he will,
and setteth up over it the basest of men

...my speculation would be that US intelligence was actually behind Bhutto as a way of slipping a silk glove back over the iron fist in Pakistan and now it has blown up in their faces.

I think their best bet would be either to send in the SEALs or some other such commando unit to do as much damage to Pakistan's nuclear infrastructure as possible then GTF out, or to just GTF out.

StateofTrance
12-27-2007, 01:40 PM
The last thing India would want is a divided Pakistan where loons will have the power to press the N-button.

HOLLYWOOD
12-27-2007, 01:45 PM
A lot of wrong speculations by people on this thread...

luckystars
12-27-2007, 01:52 PM
If you talk to people from the middle east and south asia they will tell you that the problem is corrupt dictators throughout that entire region. No middle class, along comes a religious fundie movement that unties people against the corrupt regime and revolution happens, as in Iran, Afghanistan, soon to be Pakistan. Ron Paul is right, we need to stay out of their affairs and if they had no oil we would. Rudy said Afghanistan 20 times this morning, its all about the oil and pipeline period.

Thomas Paine
12-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Other than this...

...my speculation would be that US intelligence was actually behind Bhutto as a way of slipping a silk glove back over the iron fist in Pakistan and now it has blown up in their faces.

I think their best bet would be either to send in the SEALs or some other such commando unit to do as much damage to Pakistan's nuclear infrastructure as possible then GTF out, or to just GTF out.

If in fact the CIA was behind Bhutto and Musharref was responsible (either directly or indirectly) for the assassination of Bhutto, then Musharref's message to the White House is, "there can only be one."

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 02:03 PM
A lot of wrong speculations by people on this thread...
Feel free to enlighten us then

constituent
12-27-2007, 02:13 PM
i thnk they've probably gotten the private mercenary forces well-established enough by now that you'll no longer be able to directly connect any intelligence agency with these sorts of crimes...

dunno, will see.

i