PDA

View Full Version : Unconfirmed: Benazir Bhutto Dead

asgardshill
12-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Suicide bomber at a rally in Pakistan.

Gonna get interesting in that part of the world.

user
12-27-2007, 07:33 AM
This has to be one of the least surprising assassinations ever. No disrespect intended.

asgardshill
12-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Now confirmed (Breaking News at PMSNBC). She's dead.

tcmaroc
12-27-2007, 07:38 AM
She was shot in the neck after the blast

asgardshill
12-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Even more interesting - other reports are coming in. The suicide bombing was apparently a pretense to move her into a kill zone - she was shot in the neck by one or more gunmen.

Every earmark of a professional hit, folks. Somebody must have thought she was getting too popular again.

user
12-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Even more interesting - other reports are coming in. The suicide bombing was apparently a pretense to move her into a kill zone - she was shot in the neck by one or more gunmen.

Every earmark of a professional hit, folks. Somebody must have thought she was getting too popular again.
I think we can all name the obvious prime suspect.

asgardshill
12-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I think we can all name the obvious prime suspect.

**COUGH**pervezthepervert**COUGH**

angelatc
12-27-2007, 07:47 AM

Well, the house arrest probably should have been a clue.

Mr. Coolidge
12-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I've heard that in her own time, Benazir Bhutto wasn't much better in the freedom department than Pervez Musharraf...that they both had a tendency toward the autocratic in their time. Does anyone know more about Bhutto's period as Prime Minister?

user
12-27-2007, 08:33 AM
I've heard that in her own time, Benazir Bhutto wasn't much better in the freedom department than Pervez Musharraf...that they both had a tendency toward the autocratic in their time. Does anyone know more about Bhutto's period as Prime Minister?
There were widespread allegations of corruption.

Mr. Coolidge
12-27-2007, 08:39 AM
There were widespread allegations of corruption.
Oh okay. So that's really the only thing people have against her? (I know I could go to Wikipedia or something, but this is easier. :o )

Georgia Agrarian
12-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Just my observations; representative government without subserviance to the rule of law, ie the Constitution, leads to curruption and power mongering to the point where the institution with the power of brute force, ie the military, can step in and take over the government and line up a few of the most currupt of the politicians against the wall and shoot them with general approval of the masses. Something of a cleansing action that provides temporary relief. However, it is only temporary because power currupts, and because a military dictatorship has absolute power the curruption currupts absolutely. This state of affairs becomes untenable and intolerable to the masses and armed revolution happens. Of course, the leaders of the revolution are themselves susceptible in the same manner to power and curruption as the politicians and the military dictators.

I've seen this pattern of events happen time and time again throughout the world, and this is basically what is happening in Pakistan. What concerns me however, is that my government is at the point where the rule of law means not much of anything, and I can see my country falling into the same trap as Pakistan is in right now.

The seminal reason I am so passionately behind Dr. Paul's bid for the presidency is because of his rare adhearene to the Constitution and the rule of law, which transcends ideology. That is why people of so many different political persuasions are drawn to his campaign imo.