PDA

View Full Version : My answer to a forum full of anti-Paul people

GunnyFreedom
12-27-2007, 05:46 AM
Wow, a lot of you anti-Paul people really are clueless as to where he stands on the issues! And you are using demagoguery and outright falsehoods to sell your distorted views of what he stands for!

Do you not understand that pulling our troops from 130 nations (out of 180 total!!) will increase our strength of defense? I am a former Marine, perhaps you people do not understand how fundamentally weakened a military force becomes when it is stretched too thin? Perhaps you do not understand how our individual soldiers and Marines seeing more cumulative combat time than WW2 vets creates problems with our readiness? Perhaps you do not understand how National Guard troops preparing for their 6th deployment damages morale?

Perhaps you do not understand how every day that we remain in Saudi Arabia and Iraq, we CREATE more enemies than we destroy?

Is that your goal, to CREATE 6 billion angry anti-US terrorists versus the USA? Do you think our foreign policy will be successful once every man, woman, and child throughout the entire planet earth is willing to die to terrorize us? What will you do then, carpet-nuke the rest of the planet and then sit back smug in the knowledge that killing off the human race was the right thing to do?

I don’t know about your universe, but in my universe, Posse Comitatus has been revoked. Habeus Corpus has been suspended. The first and second amendments have been crucially compromised. The fourth amendment has been abrogated. The fifth amendment has been weakened…and the list goes on! We Americans are facing a time of crisis like never before in HISTORY! The fascists are those on the left AND the right who want to continue to erode our liberties.

Ron Paul is the only hope our nation has left, ladies and gentlemen. We are already in the realm of soft fascism. Without Ron Paul, America will be hard fascist within 3 years. Within seven they will be dragging your children out of your homes by their hair, shooting them in your driveway, and sending you a bill for he bullet. Because they were listening to “unapproved music” or some such.

So go on, mock the one and only man who wants to stop the course we are on. But when you are on your knees crying over your dead nation, asking “Why God, WHY?” don’t say we didn’t warn you!

olehounddog
12-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Amen brother!!!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-27-2007, 05:54 AM
People would much rather decide military strategy without having ever been in it, and from their living room.

asgardshill
12-27-2007, 05:55 AM
So essentially you call them demagogues, liars and imperialists to their face. Yup, that'll sway 'em to your point of view.

Fly honey vinegar ...

GunnyFreedom
12-27-2007, 06:04 AM
People would much rather decide military strategy without having ever been in it, and from their living room.

Armchair generals without a clue, neither concern nor care about how their desires are killing our brightest and best by the thousand. They pay lip service to the line about supporting our troops, and they will place their hand over their hearts while flag-draped coffins come rolling in -- all the time with a crooked smile on their faces.

They neither know nor care so much about "the troops" being sent to die in order to fundamentally weaken the US position in the world, instead "that's what we pay them for" like it is our place to play robber thug and thief to steal oil from other nations to keep their SUV's on the road, and keep their power stations generating enough juice for the next episode of American Idol on their idiot box.

It is not the Soldier or Marine in the field fighting and dying for a cause other than what he has been told, who is our enemy -- it it the self serving and heartless politicians who sent them there without justification or just cause, and the American citizenry who tune into the blood and guts nightly like it were another episode of "American Gladiator" as if the dying weren't real.

These are the people who will send your children to die but not their own. These are the people who would go (not knowing how deadly it really is!) but only if they got to "shoot brown people" who think differently than they do.

These are the fascists who are rotting our nation from the inside, and must be removed like any malignant cancer!

They are the enemies of liberty, and the domestic enemies of the US Constitution whom I have sworn to fight to my dying breath. I will not rest until they have been defeated!

GunnyFreedom
12-27-2007, 06:13 AM
So essentially you call them demagogues, liars and imperialists to their face. Yup, that'll sway 'em to your point of view.

Fly honey vinegar ...

Apparently anger and violence is the only language that some people understand. Some people mock Ron Paul for "cut n run" and stomp their foot a little saying "we need to KILL those d-mn heathens!"

Dozens of RP supporters were using the honey approach, and these people were only emboldened.

Yeah, I got angry. Yeah, I became highly impassioned. But sometimes you HAVE to get angry, and sometimes you HAVE to have passion.

Passion without reason or rationale is useless and ineffective; but intense passion when applied with reason and logic can stop people short and make them think.

I do not deny that 99.9% of the time the kind/honey approach is the best choice, and in general I do use the soft, kind, impassioned but gentle approach.

But when I need to get angry, I do. And I know how to do it, too.

Just different tools in the box.

I don't go around spittin and fussin at every discussion I engage in, but when I see a place where anger is needed and will work, I use it.

asgardshill
12-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Whatever works for you.

(And, thank you for your service.)

GunnyFreedom
12-27-2007, 06:27 AM
Whatever works for you.

Well, that is the very definition of freedom, is it not? To each their own. We all came to RP from different places and different walks, but we were all drawn to a message of freedom that has not been spoken openly in our nation for nearly 200 years. (ok, so that's an exaggeration, but it sounds good ;) )

(And, thank you for your service.)

And thank YOU for having the courage to stand up against the erosion of our liberties when so many are afraid to stand out and be noticed. If I grow weary of the battle, I have my oath to stand upon. You have...only your commitment to restore the forgotten Constitution, and the former glory of our republic. That indeed takes courage!

dontdrinkthewater
12-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Wow, a lot of you anti-Paul people really are clueless as to where he stands on the issues! And you are using demagoguery and outright falsehoods to sell your distorted views of what he stands for!

Do you not understand that pulling our troops from 130 nations (out of 180 total!!) will increase our strength of defense? I am a former Marine, perhaps you people do not understand how fundamentally weakened a military force becomes when it is stretched too thin? Perhaps you do not understand how our individual soldiers and Marines seeing more cumulative combat time than WW2 vets creates problems with our readiness? Perhaps you do not understand how National Guard troops preparing for their 6th deployment damages morale?

Perhaps you do not understand how every day that we remain in Saudi Arabia and Iraq, we CREATE more enemies than we destroy?

Is that your goal, to CREATE 6 billion angry anti-US terrorists versus the USA? Do you think our foreign policy will be successful once every man, woman, and child throughout the entire planet earth is willing to die to terrorize us? What will you do then, carpet-nuke the rest of the planet and then sit back smug in the knowledge that killing off the human race was the right thing to do?

I don’t know about your universe, but in my universe, Posse Comitatus has been revoked. Habeus Corpus has been suspended. The first and second amendments have been crucially compromised. The fourth amendment has been abrogated. The fifth amendment has been weakened…and the list goes on! We Americans are facing a time of crisis like never before in HISTORY! The fascists are those on the left AND the right who want to continue to erode our liberties.

Ron Paul is the only hope our nation has left, ladies and gentlemen. We are already in the realm of soft fascism. Without Ron Paul, America will be hard fascist within 3 years. Within seven they will be dragging your children out of your homes by their hair, shooting them in your driveway, and sending you a bill for he bullet. Because they were listening to “unapproved music” or some such.

So go on, mock the one and only man who wants to stop the course we are on. But when you are on your knees crying over your dead nation, asking “Why God, WHY?” don’t say we didn’t warn you!

from one ex-marine to another your g-dam right