PDA

View Full Version : Who are you "fringe" Ron Paul Supporters?

slamhead
12-27-2007, 04:54 AM
I wanted to get an idea of just how diverse my fellow Ron Paul Supporters are. Please take these series of polls. Sorry if your party does not appear...info taken from parties registered in California.

AlexAmore
12-27-2007, 05:11 AM
I'm a first time voter, but only because I'm 19. I followed the Libertarian Party for about 6 years, but I'm really loyal to the old conservative platform that Ron Paul supports (I'm pro life for example).

I also wear a wide variety of tin foil hats - one for each day of the week.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-27-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm 20 years old, but I'm not a first time voter. I voted in the 2006 midterm elections. I've been a republican most of my life, supported Tom Tancredo up until around June or July when I switched and became a Ron Paul supporter. I used to support the Iraq war up until around late 2005 or early 2006, which was strange because I hated nation-building when Clinton was president, but writings from Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul himself changed me to a more traditional conservative.

American Independent? Is that the Constitution Party? I believe they're only called American Independent in California. Or maybe it's something I've never heard of before.

itsnobody
12-27-2007, 05:28 AM
The polls seem right, a mixture of all

olehounddog
12-27-2007, 05:46 AM
bump

Danny Molina
12-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Everyone knows other means Communist.

libertarian4321
12-27-2007, 06:24 AM
I was a Republican for many years, but left the party in disgust over their fiscal irresponsibility, warmongering, and restrictions on freedom.

I joined the Libertarians, and Ron Paul is the only reason I've come back to the Republican Party.

ceitniear
12-27-2007, 06:58 AM
I've been all over the map. I turned 18 in '84, but was too late to register to vote. Voted Bush I in '88, Perot in '92, refused to vote in '96 and '00 because there were no real candidates to vote for, voted Badnarik in '04 and will vote for Ron Paul in '08 even if I have to write him in!

slamhead
12-27-2007, 11:51 AM
bumb

Ron2Win
12-27-2007, 11:58 AM
<start program>
Hello World!
I am a bot.
All I do is vote on internet polls.
<end program>

VicVixvi
12-27-2007, 12:10 PM
The Republican party is doing themselves a huge disservice. They should be begging Ron Paul to be their candidate as he is the only one who will draw enough support from the democrats and independents to defeat Hillary.

They should be embracing the Ron Paul supporters and bringing the multi-ethnic, multi-belief system demographics of his supporters into the party for the long term. Instead they call us "fringe" and "kooks" and "nut cases".

Excuse me? I am a life-long Reagan Republican, what they consider a "super voter" as I have voted in every primary & general election since 1980. My wife is also a life-long republican "super-voter". My two sons & daughter are well on their way to becoming "super voters". We are all, Ron Paul Republicans.

In 2008, I will be casting my vote for Ron Paul and will refuse to vote for any other republican. I will cast my vote for Ron Paul rather he is Republican, 3rd party or if I have to write it in.

The Republican Party had better sit up and take notice, unless their real agenda is to get Hillary Clinton elected and the long term demise of the Grand Old Party.

mconder
12-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Put the Constitution Party in there.

Politeia
12-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I voted Democrat in 1964, and in 1972 (if I voted, I don't remember); in 1968 I was in Canada, paying for my 1964 vote. In 1976 I voted Peace & Freedom, in 1980 Citizens Party (anyone remember that?). In 1981 I began to learn the truth, whereby all my understanding of politics, economics and history was totally overhauled; that same year I first heard of Ron Paul and began sending him small contributions. In 1984 I voted Libertarian, in 1988 for Guess Who? I haven't voted at all since 1988, but plan to hold my nose and register Republican this time so as to vote for RP again.

So I checked "First Time Voter/Had no affilation/Recently Emancipated", since that seemed most relevant. I wasn't expecting to vote again ever in this life, but Ron Paul is worth the compromise.

And yes, I too will write him in if I have to, then rescind my registration; I don't like being on gummint lists.

Akus
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I am a neo-Nazi 9/11 truther cocaine smoking drag queen.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
25% new voters is very encouraging.... this is a great opportunity to get some real data we can use to prognosticate primary outcomes.... PLEASE VOTE!

Thrice
12-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I am a neo-Nazi 9/11 truther cocaine smoking drag queen.
Who isn't? ;)

dshields
12-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Glad to see all of the "first time voters" EXCELLENT!

Dave

noiseordinance
12-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I think the amount of "First Time Voters" and other non-republicans are a tell-tale sign that the "official" polls out there are not to be considered as factual in the slightest. I know that's a given, but so far, only a third of the people in this thread were republicans. If this is true (and I'm not math expert) our Iowa and New Hampshire percentages should be exponentially higher than the "official" polls are indicating.

Is that fair to assume?

Also, I read about other campaigns with buses to pick people up for primaries. Is this something that the Ron Paul campaign has considered? Carpool considerations?

loupeznik
12-27-2007, 01:46 PM
The minute I don't see a Republican candidate supporting the Constitution I will go back to the LP. I'm feeling a little guilty voting Republican. This party is going to have to make some big changes before I will feel at home in it.

slamhead
12-27-2007, 02:00 PM
The minute I don't see a Republican candidate supporting the Constitution I will go back to the LP. I'm feeling a little guilty voting Republican. This party is going to have to make some big changes before I will feel at home in it.

Don't worry. I don't think you will see many if not any republicans voting for any of the neocons. I am planning on a write in for Ron Paul no matter what

mortepa
12-27-2007, 02:18 PM
This is why the polls don't matter. According to this little poll, since republicans account for only a third of us, we should be able to triple our current poll status.

So 8-10% would equal 24- 30%!!! That is on par or better than the front runners right now.

yongrel
12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I was an unaffiliated libertarian.

gb13
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Was originally a registered republican, but I dropped out in '02-'03 after realizing that the "republicans" in office were not conservatives, in any sense of the word. I joined the libertarian party. Now I'm registering again as a republican in MA for (virtually) the sole reason of voting for RP in my primary.

j6p
12-27-2007, 04:17 PM
just comes to show the flaws with old media polling