PDA

View Full Version : This kind of thread scares me.

rp4prez
07-10-2007, 11:12 PM
So I'm on this other forum that have some regular americans but they obviously don't know about Ron Paul. Therefore, in the thread linked below I make a comment about Ron Paul. I hope they listen!

http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34697

But read the whole thread. I fear this is what a lot of average americas are thinking and saying. It's just scary how uninformed they really seem to be.

kern802
07-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Wow, talk about a superficial understanding of things... Well the thread went a little quiet, let's hope they're reading up on Ron Paul. :)

LizF
07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, that was a very limited list of candidates. Great idea to post the info about RP there.

torchbearer
07-10-2007, 11:37 PM
remember a lot of our fellow americans are still trapped in the matrix.

rpf2008
07-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Americans are subject to insane amounts of propaganda and disinformation.

It's not an accident that most people aren't informed about politics and history.

These things are done on purpose !

edit : Since this is a result of propaganda don't hold it against them, it's not their fault. Propaganda is an amazing and powerful tool.

ronpaulhawaii
07-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Delta
Queen of the Cool Join Date: Jul 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are there 3 members and 19 guests on this thread right now? Hmmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lol

torchbearer
07-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Americans are subject to insane amounts of propaganda and disinformation.

It's not an accident that most people aren't informed about politics and history.

These things are done on purpose !

edit : Since this is a result of propaganda don't hold it against them, it's not their fault. Propaganda is an amazing and powerful tool.

That is why... once Ron Paul's message has broken through the clouds of misinformation... we become such passionate supporters...

It is like he has led us out of the cave and has shown us the real world around us...
is that imagery from a plato writing?

Electrostatic
07-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Yes, Plato.. The Allegory of the Cave

http://faculty.washington.edu/smcohen/320/cave.htm

torchbearer
07-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Yes, Plato.. The Allegory of the Cave

http://faculty.washington.edu/smcohen/320/cave.htm

well, that's how it feels.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-11-2007, 12:54 AM
That thread scared me...

Just a complete lack of critical thinking. I wish people would understand, people like Obama, Hillary, Frudy McRomney, are all the same sock puppets.

No major candidate talks about the Constitution and the principles of liberty.

That should be basic, yet it seems like a lot of people have lost any concept of those things.

paulitics
07-11-2007, 08:33 AM
No, this is reality. And unfortunately when the racism issue comes up, thats all they will be talking about and all they will remember. They can't comprehend what it means to live in a free society. Their minds have turned to mush, do to the Paris Hiltanization of America. Sad, but true. This is why Dean lost, after his Dean Scream.

rp4prez
07-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Delta
Queen of the Cool Join Date: Jul 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are there 3 members and 19 guests on this thread right now? Hmmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lol
Yeah.. that is funny! haha :)

That thread scared me...

Just a complete lack of critical thinking. I wish people would understand, people like Obama, Hillary, Frudy McRomney, are all the same sock puppets.

No major candidate talks about the Constitution and the principles of liberty.

That should be basic, yet it seems like a lot of people have lost any concept of those things.
It scares me too! IMHO, I really feel like this is what a lot of Americans feel and think. It's very scary that so many go with someone because of how it makes them feel without any research into a candidate. I also feel as though if they would spend a few minutes researching the candidate the "feel" is good for the country they will learn a lot and possibly change their vote. :) So let's all get to work!

billv
07-15-2007, 04:00 AM
HELLOOOO. ANYONE OUT THERE ON THE INTERNET EVER HEARD OF "THE CONSTITUTION"....

*crickets chirping*

Honestly, the election is a freakin popularity contest unfortunately because I think the dumb asses outnumber the intelligent 30, 40, 50 to 1.

Slugg
07-15-2007, 04:49 AM
I just want to pour hot coffee on that forum and yell, "WAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!"

They are all very good and nice people but casual politics is dangerous.

Conjurico
07-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Critical thinking? What's that?

I was looking over the curriculum of the civics-related course that my county's high schools teach. One class that they teach is called "National, State, and Local (NSL) Government".

I was horrified to see that, right up front, in the "Assessment" unit that they go through, at the beginning of the year, the teachers try to figure out what the kids already know. So they ask questions, looking for the "right" answers.

Among the "right" answers to the question "What are the functions of Government" is "to control the economy". My jaw dropped. This is a State-wide deal. ALL the kids are being taught this.

Not having kids, myself, I haven't really paid attention to what's taught in the schools. Yeah, I've wondered whether there might be some brainwashing going on, in there, but I figured that it wouldn't be right, for me to start interfering with what's being put into the minds of other people's kids. And, frankly, I guess I didn't really think I'd find a problem, if I should ever go in and look. But I'm horrified, and kind of at a loss as to how to proceed. You'd better believe, though, that what I saw, on that web-site, has galvanized me, with regard to my interactions with my local Government. They've been hearing from me on issue after issue, for the last month or more, and it's not going to stop, EVER. I'm done being silent.

It's imperative that Ron Paul get elected, and that like-minded people ride his coat-tails into office at all levels.

DeadheadForPaul
07-15-2007, 08:40 AM
No, this is reality. And unfortunately when the racism issue comes up, thats all they will be talking about and all they will remember. They can't comprehend what it means to live in a free society. Their minds have turned to mush, do to the Paris Hiltanization of America. Sad, but true. This is why Dean lost, after his Dean Scream.

No kidding. I remember when the Dean Scream happened, my parents (not Dean supporters!) and I were like 'well that's pretty goofy but whatever'

The next day, it was on the air like 2000 times and I just did not get it. I truly believe that the media wanted Dean to lose