PDA

View Full Version : Motivation to Defeat Huckabee Money Bomb Today

RonPaulFanInGA
12-27-2007, 03:36 AM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21072&page=1

Flash Back: Huckabee Visits HUMAN EVENTS Part 1
by Human Events

Posted: 12/26/2007

HUMAN EVENTS: Governor, again, thank you very much for joining us. I wanted to start with something that I think you said in the debate the other night that kind of struck me as fairly profound. You said something to the effect that the Taliban believe they brought about the fall of the Soviet Union, and you said something to the effect of: well, you know, it’s not always the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. And maybe we’ve grossly underestimated the size of the fight in this enemy. One of the things that we’ve been wondering is, is there a better definition of the enemy in this war, then we’ve heard so far? What would be your definition? How would you win the war?

MIKE HUCKABEE: Well to call them radical Islamics or Islamic facists is an appropriate term. What I think a lot of people in the west do not understand is the nature of this war is theological, and therefore it is unlike any other type of war we’re going to fight. If this war were over a border we could negotiate and say if we move the property line here would that be satisfactory? There is nothing we can do to satisfy this enemy, and I think that’s what is perhaps, not really understood.

This is an enemy that believes they are on a mission, as the Blues Brothers would say, a mission from God, and when you can negotiate with another person, but you can’t negotiate with god. It’s an absolute. So the nature of the war being theological means that we are dealing with people from a position of an absolute. And, therefore, any concept of mitigating or ameliorating this great divide is going to get us in trouble, and it will be to our detriment.

What I’m concerned about, in particular, the Democrats seem to have this attitude that if we leave, they’ll leave us alone if we leave them alone. The Ron Paul argument, that’s nonsense. And, it’s a clear indication that he, not just he, but others, have no concept that this is rooted and grounded in a sense of destiny that they believe in as strong as any destiny that’s ever been adhered to. For us, we think of this as a thousand days, they think of it as a thousand years. They’re patient, we’re not. We want a resolution to this, and we’d like to see it in a defined period of time so that the game has a beginning and an ending, more like football. I’ve said this is a baseball game. It’ll be played until there is a winner. And I think that this is a huge mistake that’s being made.

Oliver
12-27-2007, 03:54 AM
Hoppytoppy?

kushaze
12-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Huckabee speaking about foreign policy. What a joke.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-27-2007, 04:02 AM
When someone uses the words "destiny" and "winner" like he did be afraid, be very afraid.

Paulite5112007
12-27-2007, 04:02 AM
Huckabee speaking about foreign policy. What a joke.

QFT

ClayTrainor
12-27-2007, 04:08 AM
so huckabee sees the war like a baseball game? a freaking game?!!!!

This is an outrage, how could a man like this even be allowed to run for oval office?

BuddyRey
12-27-2007, 04:12 AM
When someone uses the words "destiny" and "winner" like he did be afraid, be very afraid.

Ditto. Huck has the mind of a child, reflected in the simplistic terms he uses to describe war, in terms of "winners" and "losers." These people aren't misguided or angry, or fearful for their lives or property. They're just a shadowy "they", with convoluted, non-contextualized motives that are impossible to understand (so why even bother trying?), just like Bush's "evildoers" and "tur'rists."

tanstaafl
12-27-2007, 04:13 AM

...well, you know, it’s not always the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog....[/b]

There obviously wasn't enough fight in that dog his son hung, I think that is what the Huckster is saying here; the better man won - cause the opponent was a dog and didn't fight hard enough, anyway.

The Hucksters sure like to kill, don't they? I'm sure Jesus would be real pleased with the family.

user
12-27-2007, 04:15 AM
This is the idiot who didn't know about the NIE.

RP-Republican
12-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Huckabee is a joke I wish people would stop posting about him in this forum

Oliver
12-27-2007, 04:26 AM

+1 Doesn't make any constructive sense to me either...

slamhead
12-27-2007, 05:26 AM
Huckabee is self distructing.......

RonPaul2012grassroots
12-27-2007, 05:31 AM
The 'frontrunner' at wide open throttle can only raise 25% of what Dr. Paul raises without much effort. :cool:

The lame stream media is becoming more and more irrelevant.

jrich4rpaul
12-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Beating Huck today will help us reach 20 mil :)

idiom
12-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Well they have no money, no guns, no self, the only thing left to take from them is their lives. This is what he must mean by a win, total annihilation of the Arab and Persian races... and the Indonesians, thats Billions of people.

Hmm well we can cut down on the nuclear arsenal at the same time at least.

Mental Dribble
12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
When will people realize BIN LADEN USE TO BE OUR FRIEND.

But when we pulled the SAME CRAP ON HIM that we pulled on other people in the middle east (IE Manipulated, and used for our gain) we pist him off.

We've GIVEN THEM WEAPONS they are using against us. Ugg

user
12-27-2007, 08:24 AM
When will people realize BIN LADEN USE TO BE OUR FRIEND.

But when we pulled the SAME CRAP ON HIM that we pulled on other people in the middle east (IE Manipulated, and used for our gain) we pist him off.

We've GIVEN THEM WEAPONS they are using against us. Ugg
Wrong thread?

NinjaPirate
12-27-2007, 08:32 AM

I agree.

lucius
12-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Beating Huck today will help us reach 20 mil :)

Like a breath of fresh air--pragmatic. :)

Lucid American
12-27-2007, 09:19 AM
The Ron Paul argument, that’s nonsense.
Yeah, Ron Paul ate him alive head to head in that one debate. Huck's learned, I guess, to not make that mistake again except through the press.

jankyflava
12-27-2007, 12:08 PM
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.png

Original_Intent
12-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Lol, "move the property line". What an ass.

Cinci4RP
12-27-2007, 12:18 PM
How would you win the war?

MIKE HUCKABEE: Well to call them radical Islamics or Islamic facists is an appropriate term. What I think a lot of people in the west do not understand is the nature of this war is theological, and therefore it is unlike any other type of war we’re going to fight. If this war were over a border we could negotiate and say if we move the property line here would that be satisfactory? There is nothing we can do to satisfy this enemy, and I think that’s what is perhaps, not really understood.

This is an enemy that believes they are on a mission, as the Blues Brothers would say, a mission from God, and when you can negotiate with another person, but you can’t negotiate with god. It’s an absolute. So the nature of the war being theological means that we are dealing with people from a position of an absolute. And, therefore, any concept of mitigating or ameliorating this great divide is going to get us in trouble, and it will be to our detriment.

What I’m concerned about, in particular, the Democrats seem to have this attitude that if we leave, they’ll leave us alone if we leave them alone. The Ron Paul argument, that’s nonsense. And, it’s a clear indication that he, not just he, but others, have no concept that this is rooted and grounded in a sense of destiny that they believe in as strong as any destiny that’s ever been adhered to. For us, we think of this as a thousand days, they think of it as a thousand years. They’re patient, we’re not. We want a resolution to this, and we’d like to see it in a defined period of time so that the game has a beginning and an ending, more like football. I’ve said this is a baseball game. It’ll be played until there is a winner. And I think that this is a huge mistake that’s being made.

While I certainly detest Huck, he has a VERY valid point about the nature of this "War" thological. However, the being played out until there is a winner statment, he, being a pastor, should realize that there is no winner in this "War", there never will be. It is my personal (there are a lot of those who have studied Revelation that agree) belief that this "war" will never end until the Temple is rebuilt and the series of events prophisized about in Revelation come to pass.

The US being there to help it along is not something I support.

Fire away.

Arklatex
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM

QFT.