PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Media Blitz Today (12/27/07), HQ finally in gear?

Yom
12-27-2007, 03:16 AM
So he's going to be on MSNBC with Joe Scarborough at 7:30, then on the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer around 4, and then on Tucker on MSNBC again later tonight? It sounds like HQ is stepping things up! Hopefully, he'll be on a bunch of other programs in the coming week and especially in Iowa stations to improve his name recognition.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
12-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Ron's biggest challenge now is name recognition, so the more the better.

DJ RP
12-27-2007, 03:40 AM
I live in the UK and I'm curious. Are there only three shows in America? It seems like Ron Paul is always on either Morning Joe, Tucker or Wolf Blitzer's show.... very occasionally he'll pop up on fox news for eight seconds while they make up some lie or other.

kushaze
12-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Rock on

TheNewYorker
12-27-2007, 03:45 AM
I live in the UK and I'm curious. Are there only three shows in America? It seems like Ron Paul is always on either Morning Joe, Tucker or Wolf Blitzer's show.... very occasionally he'll pop up on fox news for eight seconds while they make up some lie or other.

Good point, it doesn't do much for his name recognition when he's on the same 3 shows over and over preaching to the same audience each time.

literatim
12-27-2007, 03:46 AM

Think about how your news treats the BNP. That is how our news treats people like Ron Paul.

Ron LOL
12-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Probably doesn't help that Morning Joe's draw is like 1/4 of Fox & Friends.

wgpitts
12-27-2007, 08:36 AM
With all of the recent press, RP will be hitting his 1st peak in just about a week. Just in time to win Iowa and NH. Then it's off to the races.

No one can figure out Ron Paul's sudden popularity after TV appearance

http://www.wiscnews.com/bnr/opinion/264039

walt
12-27-2007, 08:50 AM
With all of the recent press, RP will be hitting his 1st peak in just about a week. Just in time to win Iowa and NH. Then it's off to the races.

No one can figure out Ron Paul's sudden popularity after TV appearance

http://www.wiscnews.com/bnr/opinion/264039

GOP candidate Ron Paul was on Meet the Press on Sunday. He explained his views that the income tax should be abolished, that U.S. troops should be brought home immediately from Iraq, and that Abraham Lincoln was a warmonger. The next morning Ron Paul jumped fourteen points in South Carolina and nobody in the press could figure out why.

fact or conjecture?

Eponym_mi
12-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Media coverage will do more harm than good if Ron Paul doesn't do a better job sticking to the issues and avoiding obvious attempts to smear. The crap pulled on Morning Joe is a prime example.

brumans
12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
GOP candidate Ron Paul was on Meet the Press on Sunday. He explained his views that the income tax should be abolished, that U.S. troops should be brought home immediately from Iraq, and that Abraham Lincoln was a warmonger. The next morning Ron Paul jumped fourteen points in South Carolina and nobody in the press could figure out why.

fact or conjecture?

14 points? what poll is that?

user
12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
14 points? what poll is that?
He's joking about the South's view on the War of Northern Aggression.

Eric21ND
12-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Media coverage will do more harm than good if Ron Paul doesn't do a better job sticking to the issues and avoiding obvious attempts to smear. The crap pulled on Morning Joe is a prime example.

What? He stood his ground and gave those fools a free history lesson!

cliche
12-27-2007, 09:35 AM

It's a great question. People get excited about these national appearances but every region has 'local news' that airs every night on, at least, each of the three big networks (cbs, nbc, abc). A lot of people watch their local news each night. This is really where you'd love to hear Ron Paul's name come up.

Eponym_mi
12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
What? He stood his ground and gave those fools a free history lesson!

Yes, he gave them a good history lesson. But he is running for President, not History Professor. He should stick to current issues and SOLUTIONS, and just ignore the BS questions. If the interviewer wants a history lesson, he should tell them he'll have to give it to them some other time.

jj111
12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Yes, he gave them a good history lesson. But he is running for President, not History Professor. He should stick to current issues and SOLUTIONS, and just ignore the BS questions. If the interviewer wants a history lesson, he should tell them he'll have to give it to them some other time.

I agree. Ron Paul needs to redirect these interviewers and take control of the interview.

TooConservative
12-27-2007, 10:07 AM

fact or conjecture?

A joke article. But a bit tongue in cheek. Anyone who believes this news reporting probably would fall for that old bit that South Carolina was the first state to secede from the Union too.

Oh, wait...never mind.

JohnnyWrath
12-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I agree. Ron Paul needs to redirect these interviewers and take control of the interview.

+1 million

Ron2Win
12-27-2007, 10:16 AM
They need to invite him to appear. Anytime he is invited to Fox he just destroys the hosts. So they stop.

Question_Authority
12-27-2007, 10:26 AM

I absolutely agree. Ron Paul should have nipped all of this in the bud by realizing that most of the media and the American public WAS NOT READY to hear that Lincoln was not "perfect" and he should have deflected that STUPID question by Russert. As it was Russert was only quoting someone else who was supposedly quoting Paul. If I were Paul, I would have said, "Tim, that is so irrelevant to today's issues, can we move on to something substantive?"

Now, in reality, you and I know that it is not completely irrelevant, but that it is an essential insight into Dr Paul's philosophy of peace, but PAUL should have realized that it would be taken completely wrong and it would be blown up in the media and that it would veer people away from the focus. So, he could have given a simpler answer and taken control of Russert instead of going on a long winded explanation of why Lincoln is wrong.

Paul is sincere and authentic, which does not jive well with the current political climate. He needs to get a little more savvy that way.

I am not saying he should change, but he should not be so gullible as to fall into traps like that.

Johncjackson
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Good point, it doesn't do much for his name recognition when he's on the same 3 shows over and over preaching to the same audience each time.

I don't know where this statistic comes from or if it has any validity, but when I used to be in advertising sales I was always told that it took the average person about 14 exposures for something to sink in ( or it may have been to "take action).

In other words being exposed to the same audience several times keeps paying dividends up to a certain point. Someone may have to see the same message 10+ times before they even really notice it at all.

wgadget
12-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Ron Paul will soon be a household name.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-27-2007, 10:40 AM
I absolutely agree. Ron Paul should have nipped all of this in the bud by realizing that most of the media and the American public WAS NOT READY to hear that Lincoln was not "perfect" and he should have deflected that STUPID question by Russert.

Agreed. And most of their smears are quoting Paul when he isn't around to give 5 minute explanations. That's pretty much most of the time. How could discussing civil war history possibly be a benefit right now? He can be as right as he wants. I even think it's important. Now's just not the time to spend all major media time talking about Lincoln. Not to mention, that they'll continue to use it against him no matter what he says on the issue.

Yom
12-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Bump. He was also on Fox News today at 4:05, and on the Situation room right now (meaning in 1-2 minutes).

Teenforpaul08
12-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Lol, the adrenaline rush that i get when watching RP speak! So inspiring.