PDA

View Full Version : What´s Happening in OHIO....

qwerty
12-27-2007, 02:53 AM
http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/index.php

:(

qwerty
12-27-2007, 02:55 AM
It doesn´t look good....

Oliver
12-27-2007, 02:56 AM
Oh man - two hours left. Did we make it?

qwerty
12-27-2007, 03:00 AM

doesn´t look good...

qwerty
12-27-2007, 03:06 AM
do anyone have more information ?

Yom
12-27-2007, 03:06 AM

Relax, there's 8 hours left until the mailout (12 pm). We still have plenty of time (sort of).

qwerty
12-27-2007, 03:07 AM
Relax, there's 8 hours left until the mailout (12 pm). We still have plenty of time (sort of).

Relax ?

:eek:

rational thinker
12-27-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm confused. What exactly is going on?

erin moore
12-27-2007, 03:52 AM
bump

skeet
12-27-2007, 04:17 AM
I keep hearing and reading the word "relax", but that started over a week ago... apparently too many people have been relaxing... We NEED Ohio to win the nomination period. Don't believe me? Do the math. Stop relaxing and get this done people!

AlexAmore
12-27-2007, 04:45 AM
bump

jabrownie
12-27-2007, 04:54 AM
I just discovered that I live about a block away from the guy who is gathering all the completed petitions from across the state. Wowzer! Guess I'll swing by his house here in a few hours and try to gather a bit more info. I'll post what I find out.

Noleader
12-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Just looking at a Ohio instructions, assuming I am not misunderstanding them, the deadline is 01-04-08 @ 4PM EST for the at-large delegates

sumitino
12-27-2007, 05:08 AM
FOR OHIO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIpp4HlAod4

Eric21ND
12-27-2007, 05:21 AM
FOR OHIO:

In defense of OH I just want to say that we just got wind of that they had less than a week to collect all those signatures and from each district. All this over Christmas no less! The website might not be pretty to look at but it does have the forms you need and he does explain what you have to do. I think its basically all we got right now.

By the way, I don't understand the updates either.

AlexAmore
12-27-2007, 05:23 AM
FOR OHIO:

Agreed.

rational thinker
12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
So was the problem resolved?

OhioMichael
12-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Hello all. I do not know what the hell is going on here in Ohio.

The ohio4ronpaul site has been updated very infrequently and came online late in the game. I do not know if the number of signatures were met. I am an Ohioan, residing in CD1. I have printed out the forms and will start to collect signatures if needed. I know that I can have 30+, sent out by noon on Saturday. I would appreciate any update and sincerely hope that it is not too late!

Aldanga
12-27-2007, 07:55 PM
^^^

If it smells like a troll, looks like a troll and sounds like a troll, it's gotta be a troll!

PimpBlimp
12-27-2007, 07:57 PM
How are the other candidates on Ohio?

Sey.Naci
12-27-2007, 08:02 PM
They're too busy to keep updating the site. If you check other threads (do a search), you'll find that the Ohio meet-ups and other groups are on it and have been working hard to get the job done. Their confidence seemed high last time they checked in here.

OhioMichael
12-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I am not a troll.. Although I understand the concern, I do not appreciate the accusation.

I don't know the status of Ohio. There are no threads that clearly state that status here. The website, ohio4ronpaul.com, does not display the status. I have joined the website and the last e-mail communication was approx. 4PM eastern time today.

Does anyone know the status? This is important!

derdy
12-27-2007, 08:04 PM
I am not a troll.. Although I understand the concern, I do not appreciate the accusation.

I don't know the status of Ohio. There are no threads that clearly state that status here. The website, ohio4ronpaul.com, does not display the status. I have joined the website and the last e-mail communication was approx. 4PM eastern time today.

Does anyone know the status? This is important!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

Put in your zipcode and join a meetup group in your area

OhioMichael
12-27-2007, 08:09 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

Put in your zipcode and join a meetup group in your area

Thank you derdy. I did not think to check the meetup group. If you can't tell, I am new to being politically active.

I would like to repost a post made on the Cincinnati meetup site:

I emailed the RP campaign staff earlier today. I basically wanted to know what was going on with the Ohio primary ballot, why I was hearing from other sources the campaign hadn't taken care of it, and why I felt like people were now panicking that Ron wouldn't be on the ballot.

Doug Joseph wrote to me a short time ago to say that any panic is a "BIG TIME" overreaction. He also said, "We are collecting signatures in all 18 districts and have several hundred signatures already collected in both Cincinnati area districts. But we are still collecting additional signatures so we can file the best 150 in each district. We also have paid circulators helping with the at-larges."

So RELAX, folks! They are telling us everything is taken care of as far as the delegate petitions go. That does not mean you can stop completely but at least catch your breath and re-focus on canvassing and getting information out to people.

Now, I think there was a bit of confusion with regards to what had to be done, what had already been done, who was doing what, etc. Why did this all feel like such a big crunch when our State RP Coordinator is saying everything is/was taken care of???

Oh well, I don't mind wasting $17 at Kinko's. This news is much better. ;)

steve005
12-27-2007, 08:12 PM
everything should be fine, i'm in district one we are hand delevering all our petitions so that should give us a few more days

cheapbastud
12-27-2007, 08:15 PM
We need urgent help in CD9 which is western lake erie region (east of toledo)

EDIT: CD9 includes downtown Toledo

piotr1
12-27-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm skerd...

RP-Republican
12-27-2007, 08:48 PM
This is the email response I got today from my question; Is it true that Ron Paul is not on the ballot in Ohio and Rhode Island?

Re: State Headquarters: Ohio

Not true. We are circulating petitions right now to ensure ballot access in Ohio. We file the petitions on Jan. 4. I have no information on Rhode Island.

DJ

Malakai0
12-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Try not to be so critical of other supporters and the campaign, and the job they are doing please!

Can you imagine having this deadline dumped on you a few days before christmas!

jb4ronpaul
12-27-2007, 08:53 PM
numbers have been updated on the site to the best of our ability. all petitions will be delivered to the board of elections on Jan 3, 1 day before the jan 4 deadline. All petitions should be express mailed to Doug Joseph no later than 12/28 for validation per the instructions on http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com

trouble petitions are
- 18 alternate
- 13 alternate

other places that could use help are 6, 9 (maybe 5).

please focus in these areas. if you can help in these areas please do so. we will try to direct more resoures to these locations immediately.

tsetsefly
12-27-2007, 08:58 PM
numbers have been updated on the site to the best of our ability. all petitions will be delivered to the board of elections on Jan 3, 1 day before the jan 4 deadline. All petitions should be express mailed to Doug Joseph no later than 12/28 for validation per the instructions on http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com

trouble petitions are
- 18 alternate
- 13 alternate

other places that could use help are 6, 9 (maybe 5).

please focus in these areas. if you can help in these areas please do so. we will try to direct more resoures to these locations immediately.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

piotr1
12-27-2007, 10:05 PM
bump

austin356
12-28-2007, 04:33 AM
wowzer sounds much more difficult than the 500 signatures (not even printed names, addresses, or anything) we had to collect.

Richie
12-28-2007, 12:25 PM
bump

JohnnyWrath
12-28-2007, 12:38 PM
BUMP...any updates?

Can't we get anyone in the district to be CD 18 alternate delegate and switch that person later if need be??

Highstreet
12-28-2007, 12:41 PM
This is the email response I got today from my question; Is it true that Ron Paul is not on the ballot in Ohio and Rhode Island?

Re: State Headquarters: Ohio

Not true. We are circulating petitions right now to ensure ballot access in Ohio. We file the petitions on Jan. 4. I have no information on Rhode Island.

DJ

Bump for the truth.......everyone needs to calm down. Both Meetups and HQ are on it. This quote below is the same info that is up to date in Columbus as well.

Originally Posted by Erik
I emailed the RP campaign staff earlier today. I basically wanted to know what was going on with the Ohio primary ballot, why I was hearing from other sources the campaign hadn't taken care of it, and why I felt like people were now panicking that Ron wouldn't be on the ballot.

Doug Joseph wrote to me a short time ago to say that any panic is a "BIG TIME" overreaction. He also said, "We are collecting signatures in all 18 districts and have several hundred signatures already collected in both Cincinnati area districts. But we are still collecting additional signatures so we can file the best 150 in each district. We also have paid circulators helping with the at-larges."

So RELAX, folks! They are telling us everything is taken care of as far as the delegate petitions go. That does not mean you can stop completely but at least catch your breath and re-focus on canvassing and getting information out to people.

Now, I think there was a bit of confusion with regards to what had to be done, what had already been done, who was doing what, etc. Why did this all feel like such a big crunch when our State RP Coordinator is saying everything is/was taken care of???

Highstreet
12-28-2007, 12:44 PM
BUMP...any updates?

Can't we get anyone in the district to be CD 18 alternate delegate and switch that person later if need be??

If you are in Ohio, talk to your meetup leaders.

If not, you shouldn't worry about it. We all appreciate the concern, but it is being taken care of.

VicVixvi
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Hello all. I do not know what the hell is going on here in Ohio.

The ohio4ronpaul site has been updated very infrequently and came online late in the game. I do not know if the number of signatures were met. I am an Ohioan, residing in CD1. I have printed out the forms and will start to collect signatures if needed. I know that I can have 30+, sent out by noon on Saturday. I would appreciate any update and sincerely hope that it is not too late!

This is not aimed at OhioMichael. This is aimed at ALL of you on the forums waiting for someone to call you before you help. GET OUT THERE AND DO IT!

JUST DO IT. DON'T WAIT FOR ANYONE TO CONTACT YOU. IF YOU LIVE IN OHIO *WE NEED YOU*. THERE IS A DISTRICT REP FOR YOUR DISTRICT LISTED ON THE OHIO4RONPAUL.COM PAGE -- CALL THEM.

Sorry for the all caps, but come on, don't wait for them to call you. Print the forms & start collecting. It's all there on www.ohio4ronpaul.com. We've all been too busy to go through RPF looking for people who are waiting to be called to help.

JUST HELP!

jb4ronpaul
12-28-2007, 08:02 PM
http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com

as you can see we have met or come close to our goals in most districts. We still need want more in 1, 5, 6, 9, 13, and 18. If you can help let us know, we are trying to get more help in these areas. thank you everyone who helped out on this process, it was unbelievably complex and difficult, the process is meant to keep non-establishment candidates off the ballot in ohio. If we keep pushing we should make our goals due to the hard work and dedication of our supporters.

piotr1
12-28-2007, 09:09 PM
bump

takadi
12-29-2007, 03:35 PM
What the hell is going on here? Is Ron Paul not going to be on the ballot?

Richie
12-29-2007, 03:36 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't make it on the ballot, can he still be wrote in?

takadi
12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
This is pathetic...

Every other district worked their asses off...except for CD9. They only got 30 signatures

I am utterly disappointed at how incompetent some people have been

Richie
12-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Let me get this straight. Despite the fact that all the other districts worked their tails off and either went over the required amount of signatures or are just about to get there, one district will ruin the entire thing? Will Ron Paul be on the ballot in every district except CD9, or is this determining if he's going to be on the ballot in the entire state? If it turns out he's not on the ballot, can he be written in?

takadi
12-29-2007, 03:57 PM
That's my impression, but I'm hoping to god it's not true.

I'm calling up people like crazy right now and I suggest you all should too.

SteveMartin
12-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Lay this at the feet of Arlington HQ where it belongs. They have 100+ paid staffers now, but can't determine when signatures need to be gathered, or prioritize assistance efforts by the grassroots?!?

takadi
12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Nick Brusky is the captain of CD 9

Here's his address and number (found online)

173 Terra Lane
Amherst, OH 44001

(440) 453-4058

He lives practically next to Cleveland and Toledo. All you people from Ohio need to start knocking on his door and calling him up

Check out http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/index.php for more details

takadi
12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
bump!

Eric21ND
12-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Come on guys, get those signatures signed and drive them to the office if you have to. We'll get you gas money or whatever we can't lose Ohio!

doomer
12-29-2007, 04:29 PM
my impression (straight from the cd17 captain) is that ballot qualification is by district...

failure to get on one does not DQ the others....

if someone could verify this?

takadi
12-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Lay this at the feet of Arlington HQ where it belongs. They have 100+ paid staffers now, but can't determine when signatures need to be gathered, or prioritize assistance efforts by the grassroots?!?

Do you know the HQ phone number or any other contacts we can ask about the situation?

This is unacceptable

doomer
12-29-2007, 04:31 PM
asking every 10 min is counter productive at this point... anyone "in the game" is on the ground, getting it done.....

takadi
12-29-2007, 04:36 PM
asking every 10 min is counter productive at this point... anyone "in the game" is on the ground, getting it done.....

CD 9 's signature counts have been the same for weeks. Either they haven't been on the ground, or, best case scenario, they are simply in the process of filing them in.

doomer
12-29-2007, 04:41 PM
the counts are not up to date........ its not "good" but its better than it was.....

but again.. unless u live in or close to Ohio cd9 then its just hot air (sorry for the bluntness)

TehTpyoKing
12-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I was chatting with a guy from Ohio who called headquarters earlier today and they told him that there was a problem with some of the petitions that came in not being filled out properly.

The people on the ground in Ohio are addressing the issue in the most timely fashion possible.. If you're in Ohio go ahead and give them a call and see if you can help, but if you're out of state and worried about it, theres not much you can do and bombarding the Ohio HQ will only slow them down.

jwendell
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I am from CD9. I freaked when I heard about this ballot access issue. I contacted our district rep a couple days ago and then started knocking on doors to get signatures, and I guess I wasn't the only one. Anyway, we got the signatures needed to cover our delegates and delegate alternates. I talked with our district rep today and he said the petitions were being hand delivered to Doug Joseph today to be verified.

c0unterph0bia
01-02-2008, 10:08 PM
What county?

PathIveMade
01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm filing the petitions with the local Board of elections for CD17 tomorrow morning bright and early... Ohio is good to go!

msirilla
01-02-2008, 10:14 PM
ohio4ronpaul.com has not been updated since last Saturday

I live in CD 6 (Jefferson County) and we got more than enough signatures as of 12/31/07. They were delivered by car yesterday.

CD 6 is good to go!

richk
01-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm filing the petitions with the local Board of elections for CD17 tomorrow morning bright and early... Ohio is good to go!

What a monkey f**k. Kudos to all the Ohians who busted ass to get this done. :)

SteveMartin
Best news I've had all week!!

Kudos to you JWendell!!!!!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
So Ohio is good to go? We know for sure RP will be on the ballot?

Bradley in DC
01-02-2008, 10:16 PM
What a monkey f**k. Kudos to all the Ohians who busted ass to get this done. :)

+1

SteveMartin
01-02-2008, 10:17 PM
More Proof That We Need Changes In Arlington, Now!!!

Bradley in DC
01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
At least in the last elections (tell me if this has changed), one gets on the ballot in Ohio not statewide but by Congressional District.

Is the law the same there?

So, if this is still true, will Dr. Paul be on the ballot in ALL of the CDs?

PathIveMade
01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
So Ohio is good to go? We know for sure RP will be on the ballot?

As sure as we can be at this point! The local BOE's all have to do their thing. But as for signature number requirements, we're set.

PathIveMade
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
At least in the last elections (tell me if this has changed), one gets on the ballot in Ohio not statewide but by Congressional District.

Is the law the same there?

So, if this is still true, will Dr. Paul be on the ballot in ALL of the CDs?

I believe it is still district by district. Theoretically, he could be on in one district and not the other.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-02-2008, 10:22 PM
As sure as we can be at this point! The local BOE's all have to do their thing. But as for signature number requirements, we're set.

The best news I've heard this year! :D

PathIveMade
01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
On another note..... getting 150 signatures isn't as easy as it sounds. I spent 2 or 3 days walking door to door from 4-6 hrs/day and sometimes ended up with as few as 6 signatures. I can attest to the fact that our BIGGEST resistance here in Ohio was probably within the Republican Party itself. My point is this.... we're not going to get much help from affiliated Republican voters.... we need to remind people to vote on the Republican ticket in open primary states!

richk
01-02-2008, 10:27 PM
On another note..... getting 150 signatures isn't as easy as it sounds. I spent 2 or 3 days walking door to door from 4-6 hrs/day and sometimes ended up with as few as 6 signatures. I can attest to the fact that our BIGGEST resistance here in Ohio was probably within the Republican Party itself. My point is this.... we're not going to get much help from affiliated Republican voters.... we need to remind people to vote on the Republican ticket in open primary states!

Sad to realize that our biggest obstacle is our own party! :mad:

Once again, you guys did a superb job!! :)

PathIveMade
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Sad to realize that our biggest obstacle is our own party! :mad:

It's not "our" party anymore.(GOP) It's been hijacked and run a muck. Same thing for the Dems.... I can't hardly tell the difference anymore. It's the same party running under two different masks.

I guess thats for another thread though :)

Bradley in DC
01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I believe it is still district by district. Theoretically, he could be on in one district and not the other.

Thanks. It's not just theoretical: Bob Dornan was on the ballot in only one CD in 1996, Keyes in a few, etc. The Dole then Bush (200) lawyers challenged petitions and, if I remember that right, kept some candidates off of the ballot in some CDs both times. :(

I do know what a job that is for you fellow Buckeyes (having done it for Forbes there both times). My heart goes out to you. You guys are great. With Forbes it was easier in that he paid, and paid well, for signatures! ;)

Bradley in DC
01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
More Proof That We Need Changes In Arlington, Now!!!

Is now too late? :p

PathIveMade
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Is now too late? :p

The short answer is ... no. After tomorrow, this will be one of our priorities here.

cheapbastud
01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I can attest to the difficulty of Republicans in CD2 suburbs and ex-urbs of Cincinnati. Sometimes I think that the 26% of Americans who still support Bush live right here. Fox news has totally taken over here and all the Repubs think it's conservative when really it is just fear mongering and war-propoganda. When the fires were going on in California a couple months back Fox actually floated the idea that "it might be al-Queda". LOL what a joke. But I digress.........

I did not have too much trouble getting signatures in my neighborhood as all the Repubs are very demoralized by their choices. One guy that was familiar with Paul laughed out loud when I told him was circulating petitions for Paul, but he signed anyway. Another neighbor that stands out in my memory just shrugged with somber resignation and said "what the hell, the more the merrier" and signed. Many Republicans around here still have no idea who Paul is.

Those that are familiar with him have the typical issue of foreign policy that they cannot reconcile. It is the problem I have convincing my family and friends.

squirrelbrewer
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm from CD9 and am just now catching up to some of the posts over the past few days and can't believe some of the scorn thrown to CD9 by a couple individuals. I mean, yeah, we didn't get our petition forms until the 20th, which needed to be back to Mr. Joseph by the
31st, but nobody ever told me we were in jeopardy of dropping the ball here. The only small annoyance for me is that the instructions in my packet weren't exactly perfect but that wasn't anything that wasn't cleared up in a 2 or 3 minute phone call. I mean, the way I see it, I don't see any word about gathering petitions and signatures on the local Huckabee meetup group page. They probably don't even know they they've missed the deadline and it's already too late for them. The way I see it.....Arlington probably isn't filled with all the biggest hot shot GOP insiders. But that's a good thing. That way, I don't have to support a bunch of assholes

PathIveMade
01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm from CD9 and am just now catching up to some of the posts over the past few days and can't believe some of the scorn thrown to CD9 by a couple individuals. I mean, yeah, we didn't get our petition forms until the 20th, which needed to be back to Mr. Joseph by the
31st, but nobody ever told me we were in jeopardy of dropping the ball here. The only small annoyance for me is that the instructions in my packet weren't exactly perfect but that wasn't anything that wasn't cleared up in a 2 or 3 minute phone call. I mean, the way I see it, I don't see any word about gathering petitions and signatures on the local Huckabee meetup group page. They probably don't even know they they've missed the deadline and it's already too late for them. The way I see it.....Arlington probably isn't filled with all the biggest hot shot GOP insiders. But that's a good thing. That way, I don't have to support a bunch of assholes

Huckabee probably bypassed the petition process using the "matching funds" loophole. As did everyone else more than likely.