PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Last day to sign up for the Mackinac Conference

a2planet2
07-10-2007, 10:33 PM
URGENT: Last day to sign up for the Mackinac Conference at lower price

Ron Paul will be in Michigan for the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference, September 21-23. The theme is "Relying On Our Roots" and the speakers will include Sam Brownback, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Duncan Hunter, John McCain, and Mitt Romney. This is when we need everyone in Michigan and everywhere else to come with us and show our support for Ron Paul. Not only will it benefit Ron Paul but it will also have a big impact on who we will see run for Congress next year. THIS IS BIG TIME.

This is as important for Michigan as the Candidates' Forum was for Iowa. This is our Iowa. After tomorrow it will cost $100 instead of $75 to register. There may also be some sort of off-site event but being in the conference is important, so please purchase tickets if you can afford them. Also, attendees under 16 are free, so bring your kids (or siblings and friends, if you're young).

This will be a huge event. Please sign up as soon as you can.

You can register at www.mackinacconference.com

Keep in touch with www.michigan4ronpaul.com

Spirit of '76
07-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey, this IS big news.

No way I can make it, but I hope we have a good turnout. http://ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Spirit of '76
07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Of course, everyone will probably be too busy arguing about the 9/11 truth movement to bother signing up for this. :(

a2planet2
07-10-2007, 10:54 PM
On michigan4ronpaul.com everything that isn't directly related to the current state of the Ron Paul campaign gets tossed in the "Chat" forum which you need to join a user group just to see. Ron Paul people need to be thinking about one thing: the current state of the Ron Paul campaign. All the messages from the state coordinator get sent to all the moderators who send it to their groups. All the extraneous topics just get in the way. This website has what, ten thousand posts? That's at least 9500 too many.

Spirit of '76
07-10-2007, 10:56 PM
On michigan4ronpaul.com everything that isn't directly related to the current state of the Ron Paul campaign gets tossed in the "Chat" forum which you need to join a user group just to see.

Brilliant idea!

a2planet2
07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
61,092 too many

and counting

a2planet2
07-10-2007, 11:59 PM
...and if you agree with the original post, put a little comment or something in, so it stays at the top of the forum. If 100 people sign up tomorrow, we saved ourselves $2500 that can be donated to the Ron Paul campaign!

torchbearer
07-11-2007, 12:17 AM
...and if you agree with the original post, put a little comment or something in, so it stays at the top of the forum. If 100 people sign up tomorrow, we saved ourselves $2500 that can be donated to the Ron Paul campaign!

explain.

Spirit of '76
07-11-2007, 06:58 AM
explain.

I think he just means that if people if 100 people register at $75 instead of $100 (the cost after tomorrow), the money saved could be donated to the campaign.

david.griffus
07-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Bump. This is a big event and people ought to sign up for it if they are able to. Plus, Mackinac is beautiful!

Yooper Jo
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Too costly for me to go over, but is anyone organizing anything for the bridge walk? They are expecting 50,000-65,000 people to walk it this year. That would be more in my budget to do.

aknappjr
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Can someone contact ALL Michigan and nearby Meetup Groups and tell them about this!

FSP-Rebel
07-11-2007, 02:06 PM
They should've has a Detroit/Ann Arbor conference and alot more people would attend. If I went it would cost me the ticket price plus a fortune in gas and lodgings for the weekend.

rich34
07-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Any idea if we can get Kid Rock and Eminem on board for Ron Paul! :D

Not sure about Mr. Rock, but I could very well see a guy like Eminem supporting Ron Paul if he got the chance to objectively look at his record and platform. The same could probably be said of Kid Rock as well.

a2planet2
07-12-2007, 04:32 AM
Kid Rock is a member at the Orchard Lake Country Club so maybe he'll catch wind of this but I wouldn't count on it.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO SIGN UP FOR THIS.

THEY HAVE JULY 12 TO DO IT then ticket prices go up--and once all tickets are sold THaT'S IT so get them NOW.

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. Yeah I'm "shouting" all-caps this is really important!

This is the big Michigan event of the year and it is big for all the campaigns IT IS THE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE!!!!

There will likely be a no-cost Ron Paul event in the area but nothing has been planned as far as I know and whether or not such an event is planned, Ron Paul supporters should be THE major group among the paying audience and it will matter, so register right now if you possibly can.

david.griffus
07-12-2007, 06:41 AM
I actually called the campaign last night and Ron Paul is NOT confirmed to attend this event. They are AWARE of the event and they WANT him to attend but they are not positive yet that he is going to be there. Just an FYI.

LibertyEagle
07-12-2007, 06:47 AM
why?

SWATH
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Actually I think today is the last day. I just registered myself and my wife.

https://www.migop.org/mackinac/mack_register.asp

"Online registration fee for the Conference is $75 per person if registering by July 13th. Mail in registration charge is $85 per person if registering before July 13th. All registration after July 13th is $100."