PDA

View Full Version : Massive *grassroots* Billboard Campaign

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Guys and Girls
We NEED THIS!

Can the grassroots get together, form some leadership, and get a fundraiser on to fund A MEASELY $100,000 !??!
I KNOW we can get MUCH MORE THAN THAT ... hell ... $250k should be easy, right ???

I'll let ya'll dream the specifics for a day or two, but LOOK AT THIS:

I-95 in PHILADELPHIA, 75,000 VIEWS PER DAY - REAL PEOPLE, NOT THE INTERNET ;) ... $1,200 per MONTH (http://www.outdoorbillboard.com/rent/pennsylvania/PA11.html) ... $1,200 for 2,250,000 VIEWS! ...

$100,000 COULD BUY TWO HUNDRED MILLION VIEWS ACROSS THE COUNTRY!

We need:
1. Organization and MOTIVATION
2. Connections for BILLBOARD PRINTING - CHEAP AND FAST
3. MORE ORGANIZATION AND MOTIVATION!

That's it.

Can we do this?

We could have ONE HUNDRED SIGNS ON MAJOR HIGHWAYS EASY!

We need to do this ASAP though.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 01:01 AM
This is a great idea-- I've actually driven by that sign in Philadelphia which you linked, it is high visibility as everyone who wants to go into philadelphia from I-95 MUST drive by that sign.

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 01:06 AM
This is a great idea-- I've actually driven by that sign in Philadelphia which you linked, it is high visibility as everyone who wants to go into philadelphia from I-95 MUST drive by that sign.

+1

It doesn't even have to be that that centralized. All we need is a massive funds collection, and just contact the meetups and let them scour for the best signs in their area.
ONE PERSON JUST STEPPED UP AND AGREED THE ABOVE SIGN KICKS ASS.

Lets just get the money and then tell the meetup groups (starting with major cities), hey you got $2000, go find the best sign you can, and here is the number of a guy that is going to print you a sign for $100 (COST ANYONE???) ... NOW GO RENT THE SIGN!

:D :D :D

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-27-2007, 01:07 AM
look at our idea of turning our cars into billboards

davidhperry
12-27-2007, 01:11 AM
How about a massive, grassroots door-to-door canvassing effort?

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 01:14 AM
look at our idea of turning our cars into billboards

Ok.

a. i've been reading that thread, and i think its a great idea. Cars with ron paul plastered on them everywhere is awesome. Billboards on major interstate corridors will most likely reach more people, but what is the estimated cost of the car wrap application? Are they in line, are the cars cheaper? Which one is more cost effective (gas, number of people reached etc?)

b. I think the next moneybomb should be a grassroots moneybomb. THAT MEANS THE MONEY SHOULD BE KEPT BY SOME GRASSROOTS TRUST! Let US figuer this out. get a some money (lets just focus on something specific like billboards and moving billboards\carwraps or ???) and DISTRIBUTE IT to the meetups with directions!

I have SO MUCH FAITH IN RON PAUL PEOPLE!

PimpBlimp
12-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Heres a billboard project thats been up for a while. I-24 in Nashville, TN. 92% funded

http://ronpaulbillboards.chipin.com/americans-united-for-liberty-pac

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 01:17 AM

I agree with that, but i can honestly say that if i show up to someones door trying to hype ron paul, i will probably TURN OFF A VOTER!

I'm serious, i'm horribly confrontational or shy (depending on how you catch me) and i stumble my words ... i sweat and forget when i'm nervous, and talking to people makes me nervous.

But i am MORE THAN WILLING TO THROW ANOTHER $20 towards SOMETHING GOOD.

I don't see central campaign having the same effect as the grassroots, and i think their are plenty of people that are much more comfortable throwing out another $5, $10, or $20 (or WHATEVER) at an idea, and maybe contributing 10 minutes to call a billboard company, or pick up a sign, etc .... than they are with going to their neighbor and pleaing for a vote.

I HEAR YOU THOUGH.
Door to door campaigning is a MUST,
but this should be too!

:D

Lets have both.
I'm sure if the grassroots REALLY gets mobilized,
we could raise funds for EVERYTHING we can imagine.

:D :D :D

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Heres a billboard project thats been up for a while. I-24 in Nashville, TN. 92% funded

http://ronpaulbillboards.chipin.com/americans-united-for-liberty-pac

and here is one in california (http://ronpaulbillboard.chipin.com/ron-paul-billboard-campaign)... and here is one in texas (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/), ronpaulbillboards.com ...

... but these are local and don't seem to be drawing heavy on the funds.

If we gave everyone the understanding they could probably see a billboard NEAR THEM, they would have some visceral motivation ...

"here is my $20, and i can't wait to drive up to Philly\DC\Vegas\San Fran\Atlanta and see that sign!"

See?
Fund the ones linked directly. Sure.
A massive campaign (or simply getting the people organizing moneybombs to KEEP THE MONEY FOR GRASSROOTS USE) for funds would be able to distribute this in a FLASH!

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-27-2007, 01:21 AM
visit the website www.drive4ronpaul.com there is a direct comparison of different types of advertising......

This chart shows the average cost for 1,000 impressions. That is the cost for every 1000 people who view an ad.

Newspaper - Full Page: $23.32
Magazine - Full Page: $9.62
Television - 30 Second Spot: $20.54
Radio - 60 Second Spot: $5.92
Outdoor - BillBoard: $3.90
Mobile Advertising - Car Wrap: $1.50

*The data from this chart references a privately comissioned study conducted by PeoplePC.

DURING THE AVERAGE COMMUTE A WRAP WILL DRAW 70,000 views...... thats 20 mins to work and 20 mins home..... multiply that by x number of cars x number of days the wrap is on the car and you'll find the numbers are sickeningly great.

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 01:27 AM
visit the website www.drive4ronpaul.com

Outdoor - BillBoard: $3.90
Mobile Advertising - Car Wrap: $1.50

DURING THE AVERAGE COMMUTE A WRAP WILL DRAW 70,000 views

I do encourage people to go to the website and donate directly.

I do believe you that the cost of the wrap is probably pretty damn cheap (why would you lie? :D ) ... and it looks like billboards are the next cheapest form of reaching the masses, so we should definately concentrate our efforts there.

I don't believe that the average commuter will pass 70,000 individuals who look at the car, but i'm not gonna poo-poo too much, because i think it IS a great idea, especialy if it is that cheap.

Maybe this should really be a thread about keeping the money in some sort of grassroots fund instead of turning it over to headquarters, where they seem to be "having a hard time even figuring out how to spend all the money" ...

me3
12-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Please stop spreading practical and useful ideas in the daydream forum. ;)

But i am MORE THAN WILLING TO THROW ANOTHER $20 towards SOMETHING GOOD.
So you want $100k, and you will throw in $20.

It's easy to daydream of grand projects, but it takes more than an idea and appeals for other peoples money to make a project successful.

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 01:45 AM
It's easy to daydream of grand projects, but it takes more than an idea and appeals for other peoples money to make a project successful.

a. I don't want ANY money. Its just a suggestion that "the grassroots" get togeather and figure it out.

b. yeah. an idea and money. Didn't the first two money bombs go off with just about that? there was a lot of effort that came from a lot of different people (along with a lot of different people's money) ... based on a simple idea.

Look.
I'm just trying to get people motivated to think outside the box.
We have a LOT of people around here already trying to get billboards up, or car wraps, or money for door to door.
They have the ideas AND the willingess to get it done. All they need is MONEY, and we just forked over another 6+ million to the central Ron Paul Government. ;)

Why not get people to consider what they already know? Thousands upon thousands of us working togeather with the help of the internet can get ANYTHING acomplished MUCH BETTER than the central campaign can (save for managing Dr. Pauls schedule itself, lol) ...

... i think people should just get togeather quickly and come up with some rough outline of a budget ... "Hey we can raise $500,000, and we will spend $150,000 on car wraps, $150,000 on billboards, $50,000 on local newspapers, $100,000 for canvassing fees and $50,000 for whatever the fuck we feel like."

Then contact the meetup groups and dole it out. "if you want a billboard, go find one and email us what you come up with" ... youd see threads everywhere with people posting their findings asking for thumbs up or down.

Something like that IS do-able.

If the government can come up with a budget, wratched the money out of us, and spend it, SO CAN WE.

and no, I don't want that duty.
I only want to contribute the idea, and a little more money.
But i definately would like to see the grassroots spend it.

DirtMcGirt
12-27-2007, 02:06 AM
We could have a site dedicated for this... Different billboard possibilities, contact numbers for billboard advertisements, stories of how this has already been done, google map with spots where RP signs are at and where you can donate for area signs...

jorlowitz
12-27-2007, 02:53 AM
This is a neat idea... "conventional" advertising can be effective, and billboards are very visible (though kind of gross along public highways, in my opinion).

Still, that kind of advertising should really be targeted at Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Wyoming, Michigan, Nevada, and Florida... until at least the results from a few caucus/primaries start coming in.

Until then, it's probably best doing "cheaper" projects like door-to-door, flyers, etc. meetup events, etc. If Paul pulls out strong in a few early states, then ALL of these ideas will be feasible and FUNDable.

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 02:57 AM
This is a neat idea... "conventional" advertising can be effective, and billboards are very visible (though kind of gross along public highways, in my opinion).

Still, that kind of advertising should really be targeted at Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Wyoming, Michigan, Nevada, and Florida... until at least the results from a few caucus/primaries start coming in.

Until then, it's probably best doing "cheaper" projects like door-to-door, flyers, etc. meetup events, etc. If Paul pulls out strong in a few early states, then ALL of these ideas will be feasible and FUNDable.

Fair enough.
Iowa and NH will require MOBILE billboards at this point.
There was some website that was raising money for this in new hampshire ... ??? link ??? ....

i wish i had all day to look for billboards in these other near-term primary states, and the knowledge to make a website that worked to recieve donations and put up information, but that is why i was APPEALING TO THE GRASSROOTS.

:(

or

:)

alienpyro
12-27-2007, 03:17 AM
I do encourage people to go to the website and donate directly.

please do

I do believe you that the cost of the wrap is probably pretty damn cheap (why would you lie? :D ) ... and it looks like billboards are the next cheapest form of reaching the masses, so we should definately concentrate our efforts there.

both compliment each other nicely..... however with a billboard you have to rent the space and pay for what goes on the billboard... space on your car is free advertising space. its a one time fee and can stay on your car as long as you want

I don't believe that the average commuter will pass 70,000 individuals who look at the car, but i'm not gonna poo-poo too much, because i think it IS a great idea, especialy if it is that cheap.

This information is verified factual data. visit OAAA.com or the outdoor advertising association of america there is a plethora of wonderful free info about outdoor advertising. The disabled vet was not exagerating one iota. Arbitron does scientific studies.... visit the site... it's awesome

www.Drive4RonPaul.com will have much more information in the coming days..

Maybe this should really be a thread about keeping the money in some sort of grassroots fund instead of turning it over to headquarters, where they seem to be "having a hard time even figuring out how to spend all the money" ...

very true