PDA

View Full Version : Hucksarmy.com Attacks Paul Supporters Again...

TheIndependent
12-26-2007, 11:42 PM
ht tp://hucksarmy.com/ron_paul.php

At first, I thought a few of the more overzealous characters might have been screwing with them back on the 16th, just playing around. Nothing intrinsically harmful (and it probably got them to actually figure out some of their holes in the system, to boot).

But since Dec27th has become publicized all over, I'm of the mind that they're just looking for a scapegoat and playing dirty politics. Read the latest entry at the bottom, and note the absence of any proof whatsoever that it was RP supporters behind this. (Furthermore, unless they were into some seriously unscrupulous logging tactics, it would be virtually impossible to trace it specifically to RP supporters.)

They obviously don't realize it could have been random anti-Huck Diggers or Redditers, people from YouTube who saw videos and don't like Huckabee, etc. It's also obvious they don't admit that, hey, a hardcore Christian fundie looking to seal the deal between religion and politics, a guy in the pockets of high-powered constituents, and a guy with a liberal tax record and a piss-poor immigration record might not be looked upon highly by many on the Internet.

Until they provide proof that it was RP supporters, I declare this an open, unsubstantiated smear. It certainly says a lot more about their duplicity than of any integrity they have. What say you?

(And yes, I've broken the link this time.)

1:13AM ET UPDATE: It looks like they've removed the 'Message to Ron Paul Supporters' link from the bottom of the Dec27th.com page and the RP page in question entirely. Good on them, although I'd still like to see the incontrovertible proof behind their assertions. It's things like this that create even more friction and animosity than there already is, and there's no reason to continue fanning the flames, especially without showing the accused even once the proof it deserves to be shown in order to provide a defense.

angelatc
12-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Why do you even read there? It's no wonder they think we're after them. We do pay a disproportionate amount of attention to them, IMHO. Yes, I find him to be nails on my chalkboard too....

robertwerden
12-26-2007, 11:48 PM
This is not about us or them, it is about Ron Paul. Pay no attention to them, they are misguided and we are focused.

TheIndependent
12-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Why do you even read there? It's no wonder they think we're after them. We do pay a disproportionate amount of attention to them, IMHO. Yes, I find him to be nails on my chalkboard too....

They're over here just as much as we are over there. Ignoring the competition is probably among the worst things one can possibly do, and really, when we're winding down from a day of representing Paul out there, it helps to do the research on all candidates and their supporters.

It's no different than posting AP and news articles about other candidates around here, except when you do actual research you know where those stories are coming from, many times before they hit the news. I prefer knowing if another candidate or its supporters are going to attack the campaign (or us) before it happens so we can know what we're dealing with in advance.

angelatc
12-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I suppose you have a point.

And I certainly agree that it is insane to think that we're intentionally sabotaging their numbers (Yes, I looked!). I suspect that Paul fundraisers had a multitude of bad pledges too, but we managed to make more than was pledged.

I wonder if the organizers of our fundraiser scrutinized their pledges?

TheIndependent
12-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I watch the numbers, personally. It's a decent gauge of online support, which is exactly what I expect supporters of other campaigns are doing with RonPaulGraphs daily (especially since RPG is gracious enough to supply Huck's folks with data for FREE). This time, I have the distinct feeling they're pointing fingers in all the wrong directions, especially after they removed the post the first time and both sides backed off.

In response, RPG should take down the MH data for the day, in my opinion.

Eponym_mi
12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Another possibility...some other campaign is polluting Huckabee's pledges in such a way that it suggests Ron Paul supporters. Or maybe the real issue is that Huckabee's campaign is too stupid to realize that pledges from the internet mean absolutely nothing. Why bother with pledges? Especially if you're already grasping at straws. Just ask the donor to pay up now.

I suspect most of this is just a smear campaign.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Man that Brett dude is so big on himself. Some people spam his fundraiser and he thinks it means something. Compares RP supporters to Hitler supporters with a weak argument. So lame.

While their candidate encourages other candidates to slit their wrists, lies about his theology degree, uses crosses as symbols, while he and his family show little moral respectability.... Sad.

And BTW We are not causing people to not donate. Some people are entering fake donations. You have not proven who it is and there is no crime broken I believe. There is a difference and no I did not spend Christmas spamming your little site.

And like I said before you still have not met your quarter goal and it seems it has not moved in a few days. Go concentrate on that and then maybe you can raise one fourth of what we did.

Xanax Nation
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Dear Brett Harris,

You wanna know what our problem is? We're pissed off. We're pissed off that you can support a candidate that has a laundry list of questionable ethics to downright criminal acts. We're pissed off that you stick your nose up in the air and pretend your shit don't stink while ignoring the obvious; your candidate sucks and will be terrible for America. We're pissed off because we have a chance to take our freedom in the right direction, towards the Constitution, and you guys want to continue the wet dream of telling everyone how to live their lives gestapo style. We're pissed off you can cast your lot with him and likeminded scoundrels. Its all about control for a lot of them. They seem to think that if our boys aren't deployed somewhere in the world, they don't have control. They believe they will put all these fundamental practices they believe in into law, or the US is doomed. If they can't control a steady supply of oil from the ME without bases and soldiers over there, they don't have control.

They want control. Do not be fooled.
They want to tell you what you can do to your body.
They want to tell you who you can marry.
They want to tell you what you can do with your money.
They want to tell you who you can worship.
They want to tell you what you can or cannot say.

Every single issue that they promote under the guise of "conservative" is nothing more than a new way for them to control the populace.
And you are swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

Have a nice day, and think long and hard about what I just said.

Xanax Nation

TheIndependent
12-27-2007, 01:05 AM
See my major update above. They've removed the page under pressure, so I'm assuming Brett caught wind of this thread and did the right thing.