PDA

View Full Version : We need a good CIVIL WAR response....

Myerz
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
I need a good cut-n-paste for posting in a comment section regarding Ron Paul's views of the Civil War.

We need to combat this with everything we've got...everywhere we go.

Enough of the VOTE RON PAUL 2008....I need a " DON'T BUY INTO THE CIVIL WAR SMEAR ABOUT RON PAUL BECAUSE........................."

I leave comments everywhere I go, we all should and probably do, but lets flood with a response!

any help?

Paulitician
12-26-2007, 10:52 PM
It is irrelevant. There are many other things to focus on:

Immigration
The economy
Education
Healthcare
Foreign Policy
Size of government
Government secrecy
Taxes
Wasteful spending
Entitlements
etc. etc.

Oliver
12-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Forget about the Civil War.

Ron Paul's argument is watertight. Everyone arguing
that the Death of 600,000 Americans, all the hate
and the costs of war was a wise decision, is a friggin
idiot. Therefore it isn't worth to think about it.

constitutional
Come on, I doubt an average Joe watches Meet the Press. We are blowing this issue way out of proportion. Oh and it's irrelevant. I have no idea why they asked him such a lame question. I guess that's main-media doing its job.

RP was right in what he said. Since owning new slaves was not allowed, Federal govt could have just bought all the remaining slaves and set them free.

ronpaulitician
Don't cut and paste.

Post original thought only.

Triton
12-26-2007, 10:54 PM
"It was good that slavery ended. Make no mistake. Abolition of slavery without bloodshed was possible, and would have been preferable, in terms of human and monetary expense, to abolition with bloodshed."

Alabama Supporter
12-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Gosh I hope he sidesteps these dumb issues tomorrow in his interviews. We have a horrible war, people are losing their homes, our country is bankrupt and the MSM wants to talk about the damn civil war.

Dave Pedersen
12-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Slavery was phased out without war everywhere else. Britain bought freedom for slaves and it worked fine. Grab the quote from Harper's which said the war was about states' rights not slavery. That's been posted in another recent thread on the subject. A very good quote from the news of the day refuting the idea "some foreigners" had about the reasons for the civil war.

Find the documentation about the solutions to slavery Paul mentioned in the MTP interview.. as in what Britain did in purchasing the slaves.. provide a little documentation and that should legitimize Doctor Paul's statements.

AlexMerced
12-26-2007, 10:56 PM
here is your response

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record.xpd?id=110-h20070117-38&person=400311

Myerz
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
BTW, It's just not meet the press......I hear on local radio, news, other Websites....so forget the "what happens on Meet the press stays on the meet the press....that's a foolish thought.

Yes, an original thought would be nice...just looking for some highlights.

And, ok let's not focus on it. Sure, Ron Paul supporters are tho only people who exists on this planet. Get off it! Put down the glue. There allot of people who hear this...buy it....and if they don't hear anything else...they tell someone else.......damn, it's like you guys are the only people on the planet!

Screw it!

I agree he frickin' kicks ass....but he had me a long time ago.....what about everyone else?

Ernest
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Respond with the truth. Ron Paul said we should not have gone to war paid for with over 600,000 lives. Instead slavery would have ended on it's own or we could have used money to buy off the slave contract values. Why is this hard to comprehend?

In addition what is this really about? We are playing the race game. Does anybody seriously think RP hates blacks or wants to institute slavery? He was against the Civil War. So what? This show our great education system at work if people equate RP being against the Civil War with evil intentions.

Myerz
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
here is your response

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record.xpd?id=110-h20070117-38&person=400311

WTF? BULLSHIT?

AlexMerced
12-26-2007, 11:01 PM
WTF? BULLSHIT?

What do you mean?

Myerz
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
You guys are always so right....... all the smears will just magically go away...... that's some kick-ass windex you've got there.

True, Ron Paul is the man of Integrity...we know this......but do they?

Myerz
12-26-2007, 11:04 PM
What do you mean?

Gotcha......had to read thru it....didn't see. Sorry.

Oliver
12-26-2007, 11:05 PM
You guys are always so right....... all the smears will just magically go away...... that's some kick-ass windex you've got there.

True, Ron Paul is the man of Integrity...we know this......but do they?

It wasn't a smear because Ron's stance is the only
wise answer to the question about the Civil War.

So let's see once they come with something better
than the civil war and earmarks.

Real_CaGeD
12-26-2007, 11:07 PM
It wasn't a smear because Ron's stance is the only
wise answer to the question about the Civil War.

So let's see once they come with something better
than the civil war and earmarks.

noztnac
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
My response is:

War is not always the answer to problems and should only be used as a last resort. If 5,000 deaths in Iraq is bad, 600,000 in America can hardly be seen as the best solution.

The fact that people are out there debating the issue to this day shows how divisive the war was.

It may also be worth noting that there were slave states in the union and slavery was legal in the union at the start of the war.

AlexMerced
12-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Tomrrow we should focus on Spread the Muhammad Ali speech, that really clears his name of any accusations of racism