PDA

View Full Version : Blimp event in Jacksonville, FL - December 28th, 2007

DanielDeibler
12-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Blimp event in Jacksonville, FL - December 28th, 2007
December 26th, 2007 by Katharine Memole

The Jacksonville, FL Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group is working in conjunction with the Ron Paul Blimp Tour to organize a rally with blimp hovers and flyovers in Downtown Jacksonville, FL this Friday.

What: Blimp Rally in Jacksonville!

When: Friday, December 28, 4:00 PM

Where: The Jacksonville Landing

Who should come: Ron Paul supporters and ANYONE curious about the Ron Paul movement.

Why: Jacksonville is one of the few cities in the country that will be able to see the RON PAUL BLIMP live. It will be arriving at The Landing at 4:00pm and hovering overhead until dark. Don’t miss it!

Event Description:

We just received word today that the Ron Paul Blimp will be making an appearance in Jacksonville from North Carolina in route to Orlando. The Blimp Crew has requested a Jacksonville Blimp Rally on Friday so that we can show the country how strong the support is for Ron Paul here in Northeast Florida.

The plan is to meetup in the courtyard area of The Landing wearing Ron Paul apparel and carrying Ron Paul signs, literature and VOTER REGISTRATION FORMS. (This is our last weekend to get people registered as Republicans for the January 29th primary.)

All media outlets will be contacted so this is our big chance to make a statement! We need HUGE numbers at the Landing when the blimp arrives so that people begin to understand that this is not a fringe movement - this is the candidate who is going to win the Florida Republican Presidential Preference Primary on January 29th!

Meetup Invitations will be sent out to all of our surrounding groups. This will be a great opportunity to meet and enjoy the company of fellow supporters from all over the region. It is a Friday night and there are plenty of restuarants & bars/clubs. Please bring members of your family, friends, co-workers etc. It is sure to be a great time!

Feel free to start a thread on the message board if you have ideas for making this event bigger & better.

Link to the Blimp Website: http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Link to The Jacksonville Landing Website: http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/166/calendar/6972868/

DanielDeibler
12-26-2007, 10:35 PM
blimp

walt
12-26-2007, 10:41 PM
maybe someone can get a video answering these questions...thanks...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=64465&page=4

bucfish
12-26-2007, 10:47 PM
bump for the blimp

Cindy
12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm glad to hear it. The weather has been great in this state, it will be in densely populated Orlando during their BUSIEST time of the year, in densely populated Tampa during a packed and popular Foot ball game, and in densely populated Miami which will be packed with people for News Years Eve.

It's nobodies fault that the weather has not been co-operating up North and nobody paid for a Blimp to sit in a hanger.

Florida is the 5th early primary and Rudy thinks he owns this state.

Let the Blimp make some serious noise here!!!!

Shooting from the hip populations are around

10 mill in the Orlando area, 3 mill in the Tampa area and 7 mill in the Miami area.

Because many people from around the U.S. are vacationing in these 3 cities for the holiday weeks, the exposure to voters from other states will be HUGE as well.

The Key to surival is about adapting to change. If Paul supports are not quick and easy to adapt to change, they and Paul will not survive this race.

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Is it coming to Orlando?

DanielDeibler
12-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Is it coming to Orlando?

Yes, the blimp will arrive in Orlando on the 29th and be there through the 30th. :)

FreeTraveler
12-27-2007, 07:35 AM
The Blimp is a great outreach tool. I have lots of relatives in the Jacksonville area, and even though they're still on the fence about Dr. Paul, they're all excited about seeing the blimp, and are probably going to the Landing for the rally. They should be easy conversions after that. :)

DanielDeibler
12-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Is it coming to Orlando?

Actually, here. This is from the current tentative schedule (updated yesterday)

• Dec 29th - Sat - Jacksonville FL leave 8am arrive Orlando
• Dec 30th - Sun - Orlando - media rides
• Dec 31st - Monday - Florida // Crew relief/maintenance
• Jan 1st - Tuesday - fly Orlando // Capital One Bown (pending waiver)
• Jan 2nd - wed - Florida // Crew relief/maintenance
• Jan 3rd - Thurs - Orland cut west to Tampa - half and half
• Jan 4th - Fri - Fly over Tampa Area
• Jan 5th - Sat - Fly Tampa // NFL Playoff Game (pending waiver)
• Jan 6th - Sun - Florida // South toward Miami
• Jan 7th - Mon - Florida

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-27-2007, 07:56 AM
I like that schedule. Should be no weather problems, and the NFL game should be a big deal.

LSUiLike
12-27-2007, 07:57 AM
My wife and I plan on attending.

JS4Pat
12-27-2007, 08:00 AM
What about the return flight of the Blimp?

It has to come back north, so now would be the time to plan the 2nd Blimp Rally Events...

NerveShocker
12-27-2007, 08:01 AM
The blimp is airborne! The rally tomorrow it seems will certainly be happening. :)

Source: http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/

Help support the blimp at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Yes, the blimp will arrive in Orlando on the 29th and be there through the 30th. :)
Where in Orlando will it land? Will common RP supporters be allowed to get an up close look?

DanielDeibler
12-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Where in Orlando will it land? Will common RP supporters be allowed to get an up close look?

I'll try to find out...

stu2002
12-27-2007, 11:41 AM
http://www.jacksonville.com

FRONT PAGE OF TIMES UNION WEBSITE UNDER JUST IN

michaelwise
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Can the Blimp make an appearance over SW Florida? Naples, Fort Myers, Cape Coral? It can make a landing at Page Field in Fort Myers. :D

walt
12-27-2007, 12:02 PM

only if you promise not to ask questions of the elite. ;)

they must be protected from the obvious threats... :rolleyes:

JuniorNJ
12-27-2007, 12:05 PM
WTF! The night of the debate when they had Paulapalooza in Orlando I was in New Jersey, and now when the blimp comes to town, I'll be in Tennessee. I can't win for losing. Maybe, hopefully, just praying, I can see it on the drive up to Tennessee by some miracle.

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 12:20 PM
WTF! The night of the debate when they had Paulapalooza in Orlando I was in New Jersey, and now when the blimp comes to town, I'll be in Tennessee. I can't win for losing. Maybe, hopefully, just praying, I can see it on the drive up to Tennessee by some miracle.
LOL - I did the bar thing after the debate. It was pretty cool. I live in Nashville and flew down here for it (I grew up in O-Town).

Now I am down here on vacation with family again and the blimp is coming down here.

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 12:22 PM
only if you promise not to ask questions of the elite. ;)

they must be protected from the obvious threats... :rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

Bill M DC
12-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Glad that I decided to Fly down to O-town from DC. Eagerly awaiting the arrival on Saturday!

Matt Collins
12-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Glad that I decided to Fly down to O-town from DC. Eagerly awaiting the arrival on Saturday!

If you can find out when/where it stops so that we can go see it please let me know!

dshields
12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
EXCELLENT! I will be there with my wife and children. I work in a high rise in downtown Jacksonville next to the Jacksonville Landing so I will try and get some photos from our building and post them.

Dave

Tax the Fed
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Wish it was this campaign cycle though . . .