PDA

View Full Version : McAfee Blocks GOP Site

nate895
12-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I was heading to the GOP site to see if they have info on the convention process there, but McAfee blocks it (so I'm disabling my protection to go on it). While I think the GOP is currently controlled by neocons, I think this an affront to freedom of speech.

The reason why it's blocked is that it publishes email addresses, of course it does, GOP candidates have to know who to email if they want the nomination or dough.

youngbuck
12-26-2007, 10:12 PM
McAfee is garbage, and so are Symantec products.

If you want good anti-virus go with NOD32 or Kaspersky.

If you need a good firewall, there are free ones out there that are usually better than products you have to pay for. The first one to come to mind it Comodo Personal Firewall. Open source and free!

Cigaboo
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Avast Antivirus is a free (and light-weight) alternative I've used for a while. I stopped using McAfee when I installed one of their packages (several years ago) and it deleted all my emails! I called their tech support and they were like "yeah, it's a bug". Who needs viruses when you have "virus protection"? Since then I've avoided paying for software that acts like a virus when it is supposed to protect me from it. A lot of them gobble up resources too.
Some of those products and companies used to be good back in the day, but they've changed.