PDA

View Full Version : The Red Pill or the Blue Pill?

Ron Galt
12-26-2007, 09:33 PM
- deleted -

davver
12-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Look, here's the reality. All we can do is tell the truth. Some people will believe it, some won't. There is a very small chance, but we probably won't win the election. However, we will be giving people a genuine choice. The first choice they've had in a long long time. And that is worth something. At least we will know that we did something.

Also, we may be able to save a few people. Myself I've managed to get my assets out of the $. And I am smart enough to know about the possibility of moving to another country if I have too.

Conza88
12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
I actually agree with galt.

It's a shock to the system to those that aren't yet conditioned to accept it. Some are more than others.. some are just, so deep they can't be, or it takes something massive to jolt them out of it.

A matrix analogy anyone? lol. Depending on the person, on the individual.. some risk overdosing. Got to find that right amount.

This is what I try to live my life by.

“Are you not ashamed of caring so much for the making of money and for fame and prestige, when you neither think nor care about wisdom and truth and the improvement of your soul?”
Socrates

“The object of the superior man is truth.”
Confucius

“A man's private thought can never be a lie; what he thinks, is to him the truth, always”
Mark Twain

Mesogen
12-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I'll take the Purple Pill.

http://medicineworld.org/images/blogs/nexium-452390.jpg

jonahtrainer
12-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Look, here's the reality. All we can do is tell the truth. Some people will believe it, some won't. There is a very small chance, but we probably won't win the election. However, we will be giving people a genuine choice. The first choice they've had in a long long time. And that is worth something. At least we will know that we did something.

Also, we may be able to save a few people. Myself I've managed to get my assets out of the $. And I am smart enough to know about the possibility of moving to another country if I have too.

I agree with davver. Either one can deal with reality or reality will deal with you.

I am past the 'trying to convince' stage. My assets are out of the $$ and the US and my second passports are ready. Will it be hard knowing the type of suffering some of my friends and countrymen may endure? Yes. But when the 'ark' is boarded some people get left behind ...

Original_Intent
12-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Since we are talking in Matrix metaphors, what I am always reminded of when trying to force feed someone the truth is Neo puking on the floor when he finds out the truth.

It's far better if you can get them just enough of the truth that they start digging on their own than to overwhelm them with too much in one dose.

Also I have learned to be very very rock solid on the facts you give people. If you overstate ANYTHING and get caught at it, you now have 100 times more work convincing the person. I am not even talking about untruths, just be prepared to back up what you say with unimpeachable sources.

Mesogen
12-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually the Red Pill/Blue Pill thing is from Alice in Wonderland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Adventures_in_Wonderland#Synopsis

Truth Warrior
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
"You shall know the truth and the truth will make you free." ........ ( but first it will really tick you off ) :)

[ PASS THE RED PILLS AROUND PLEASE! ] :D

Wendi
12-27-2007, 04:34 PM
The red pill is large, tastes terrible, and is hard to swallow. It may also have serious side effects. But once you see the benefits, you can't imagine how you ever lived without it.

The blue pill, on the other hand, is small and pleasant - but does absolutely nothing.

Sey.Naci
12-27-2007, 04:46 PM
People tend to spend up to their income. So too their reasoning tends to go in lockstep with the intellectual challenges they are faced with.

Perhaps Americans will begin raising the calibre of their thinking as Ron Paul and his supporters raise the calibre of the American political discourse.

I mean the MSM has a policy of dumbing down what it delivers to the masses. Their editorial policy is to make sure that any 12-year-old* can understand what is being said in the news - in print, on TV and radio - and it's more than likely that the age of 12 has been lowered since that practice was begun.

The point is, if one is rarely challenged to think above the level of the average 12-year-old, then ...

* I mean no insult to 12-year-olds. (It's the media whose message that is.) Some of the most astute people I know are children.