PDA

View Full Version : Give them a break

whutaboutbob
12-26-2007, 08:17 PM
C'mon now, I have heard about enough from the negative crew about the blimp project and those who are trying to run it.

It's easy for some of us to arm chair this thing, however, none of us are doing it.

Think about that, please.

Thank you,

WAR Ron Paul!

:cool:

Elijah
12-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks buddy!

It does take a lot of work going from concept to full fledged blimp in just over 1 month. Been busting my butt day and night and received a ton of kudos and a fair share of downers along the way.

We are headed to Florida so we can have a schedule that will not be hindered by weather.

For the record, that is the first time they have EVER been that far north at that time of year in the history of the company.

They gave it a shot for us!

RP4Pres2008
12-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks buddy!

It does take a lot of work going from concept to full fledged blimp in just over 1 month. Been busting my butt day and night and received a ton of kudos and a fair share of downers along the way.

We are headed to Florida so we can have a schedule that will not be hindered by weather.

For the record, that is the first time they have EVER been that far north at that time of year in the history of the company.

Cue Sandler

Information that could have been used three WEEKS AGO! :D

whutaboutbob
12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Cue Sandler

Information that could have been used three WEEKS AGO! :D

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/whutaboutbob/dajesusblu9du.gif

Dave Pedersen
12-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Now don't pay nobody no heed if they be of good sense they'll back tha blimpmobile 110%. Fly'in south makes good sense. That's where all the fun in tha sun is and that's where every self respecting blimp belongs.

With the people outdoors on tha beach having FUN !!

GOooo Blimp !!

LibertyEagle
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi Elijah,

Will you or Trevor please answer these questions?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=64465

Thanks.

Ryankelly
12-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree that they have done a good job gettiing this off the ground in such a short time. I'm sure that they have also learned an important lesson about not making extravagant promises to customers unless you know that you can keep them. I am willing to chalk it up to over exuberance, but I am sure that I am not the only one who "bought" time on the blimp based on the promises that they would be flying to the Tea Party and New Hampshire. I was shocked to read in the Slate magazine article that they were freezing on board the blimp in Maryland when it was 28 degrees outside. I assumed the blimp gondola was heated. How else could they expect to fly in New Hampshire in the winter? Obviously, the owner of the blimp was aware the gondola was not heated when they were using the Tea Party and New Hampshire to solicit our investments. Yet, they still marketed the deadline by which they could get to New Hampshire. A deadline that we met. In the business world, misleading advertising is called an Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practice. If you do it intentionally, it is called fraud.

However, as I wrote on another board, if they really fly over the Capital One Bowl on 1/1 and the Tampa Bay playoff game on 1/5 as "tentatively" promised, I will happily double the $250 I have already invested in the blimp. If the blimp really flys above those two games as "tentatively" promised, all of the previous misunderstandings, problems, or minor deceptions from the Blimp team (however you choose to interpret them), will be outweighed by the massive publicity that Ron Paul will recieve in those two days.

If, however, those "tentative" games do not materialize, I will refrain from further contributions to wait for actual results similar to those promised in the original advertising blitz. I just hope the possibility of those two games is not just another way to solicit investors.

damon04
12-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Blimp@!!!!

faisal
12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks buddy!

I could imagine. Renting a Blimp is a HUGE project! It's as risky as starting a business. The moment I heard that the grassroots was renting a blimp, I was in utter surprise. It seemed like a professional task. I'm very glad that you're doing what you're doing - keep it up! I don't see why people are going crazy whenever anything happens, like for instance, bad weather.