PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas please.. what to do in non-early primary state with large meetup

deedles
12-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm hoping to get some good ideas from you forum folks. I'm the organizer of a large meetup in Wisconsin and I have to say I'm waffling on what to do as the primaries get closer.

We've done scores of signs huge and big and small, handed out thousands of slimjims, distributed over 200 yard signs so far, gazillions of bumperstickers, have stood on overpasses with banners all summer, fall and a little bit this winter, participated in the Iowa letter writing campaign and more.

Now, we have radio ads ready to run on our local christian radio station. My co-organizers are working on a fund-raiser with speakers (Ed Thompson being one).

But which direction to move the group at large? Door to door is a possibility, but anyone in a meetup knows that about 10-15 percent of the members will actually do man-on-the-street campaigning. I've tried to get my group to write letters to the editor with little effect.

I keep getting more and more members and I'm embarrassed to say I'm a little overwhelmed and stumped for more ideas.:confused:

Help?

deedles
12-26-2007, 07:49 PM

integrity
12-26-2007, 07:52 PM
make a movie

akforme
12-26-2007, 07:53 PM
We need to show our organization. If there's a march, money bomb, anything do it. That's what's going to make them know we're serious.

ClockwiseSpark
12-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Sounds to me like you've got just about everything covered.
Have you focused on specific groups locally? Reaching out to gun owners, libertarians etc...

We're kinda in the same situation here but I think we just need to keep plugging with the door to door and any other promotional stuff we do.

dante
12-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm hoping to get some good ideas from you forum folks. I'm the organizer of a large meetup in Wisconsin and I have to say I'm waffling on what to do as the primaries get closer.

We've done scores of signs huge and big and small, handed out thousands of slimjims, distributed over 200 yard signs so far, gazillions of bumperstickers, have stood on overpasses with banners all summer, fall and a little bit this winter, participated in the Iowa letter writing campaign and more.

Now, we have radio ads ready to run on our local christian radio station. My co-organizers are working on a fund-raiser with speakers (Ed Thompson being one).

But which direction to move the group at large? Door to door is a possibility, but anyone in a meetup knows that about 10-15 percent of the members will actually do man-on-the-street campaigning. I've tried to get my group to write letters to the editor with little effect.

I keep getting more and more members and I'm embarrassed to say I'm a little overwhelmed and stumped for more ideas.:confused:

Help?

Run someone for congress

itsnobody
12-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Well you could:

- Place signs everywhere
- Go Door to Door
- Get more people to register and vote

brandon
12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Make sure you have delegates selected for each district in your state.

terryhamel
12-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Create events to canvas:

- attendees as they exit church
- senior citizens (supervoters)
- tips oriented workers (restaurants, massage)
- small business owners

Understand how to get precinct people in place and head up an effort or verify your members are installed.

Convert more people to Ron Paul Republicans by running a booth at your local farmer's market.

Max out donations to RP, then send $ to the blimp.

RPinSEAZ
12-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Organize letter writing parties for New Hampshire and South Carolina.

RonPaulCult
12-28-2007, 10:20 AM
You're not so far from Iowa and Michigan - get people to travel there

tsetsefly
12-28-2007, 10:22 AM
- door to door
-delegates
-maybe help neighbor states with sooner primaries
- run someone for congress, never to early to setup up a congressional campaign

Mental Dribble
12-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Whats the delegate situation in Wisconsin?