PDA

View Full Version : Detecting a weakness in the Revolution

chiplitfam
12-26-2007, 07:10 PM
I am perceiving, having read many blogs on several forums, that our emotion may not be translating into shoeleather. I keep seeing that signatures are not being gotten, that delegates are not as strong as need be, that many are just having fun with this revolution but not translating into people really doing what MUST be done. Delegates to the convention. How many of you know that after you vote in your primary you must go back that very night to vote for delegates. You must call your state Republican parties and find out exactly what you need to be doing. GET SERIOUSLY INVOLVED. Talking on blogs and saying how great this is is not going to cut it.. We are going against a powwerhouse of people who know all the tricks. Most of us are completely ignorant of what it takes to get Ron Paul truly into the White House.. Get on the phone to your Republican Party and get after it. Remember, many old time Republicans may not be for Ron Paul. So tell them you have not yet made up your mind. Once you get involved you can then do what you need to do. NOW, I know you really want him to win. Well this is what you have to do. PERIOD. I am behind all of you. I know you can do it. Contact the Ron Paul Campaign and ask them what and how to go about it. This, my friends, is what it is all about.

torchbearer
12-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I've tried to direct people to their local meet-up coordinators, they should have the info for each persons locale.
If they haven't done this yet, they are letting us all down.

literatim
12-26-2007, 07:47 PM
So chiplitfam what are you doing?

DirtMcGirt
12-26-2007, 07:51 PM
participate in local meetup.com groups is the key!!! the pieces are all falling into place!!!

RP08

IChooseLiberty
12-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I am perceiving, having read many blogs on several forums, that our emotion may not be translating into shoeleather. I keep seeing that signatures are not being gotten, that delegates are not as strong as need be, that many are just having fun with this revolution but not translating into people really doing what MUST be done. Delegates to the convention. How many of you know that after you vote in your primary you must go back that very night to vote for delegates. You must call your state Republican parties and find out exactly what you need to be doing. GET SERIOUSLY INVOLVED. Talking on blogs and saying how great this is is not going to cut it.. We are going against a powwerhouse of people who know all the tricks. Most of us are completely ignorant of what it takes to get Ron Paul truly into the White House.. Get on the phone to your Republican Party and get after it. Remember, many old time Republicans may not be for Ron Paul. So tell them you have not yet made up your mind. Once you get involved you can then do what you need to do. NOW, I know you really want him to win. Well this is what you have to do. PERIOD. I am behind all of you. I know you can do it. Contact the Ron Paul Campaign and ask them what and how to go about it. This, my friends, is what it is all about.

I think it's more like... too many indians and not enough chiefs.

The whole grassroots organization is very ADHD.

Regardless, It's actually a very good thing that people are checking this stuff out and coming on here with information; But, I'm sure that everything is being taken care of and that's what matters.

chiplitfam
12-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I appreciate your question. Tomorrow morning I am driving to Pearland, Tx. (I live in Katy, Tx.) to pick up campaign materials (signs, bumper stickers, campaign information,etc.) to drop off at the two Meeting groups (The Houston Meetup Group and the West-Houston Meetup Group. The Houston group is meeting this Friday night, the West-Houston group is meeting Jan. 7. Tomotrrow I am contacting the Sec Of State to file for the Republican campaign chairman in the FT. Bend County district. We vote in Texas on March 4th. After the polls close we will return to vote that night for delegates. I also am going to be a delegate and plan to attend the State convention and hopefully the National convention to voice my support for Ron Paul.. I am just learning how to do all this. I have been researching this for days. My family won't even talk to me! I have been on the computer for 18 hours a day. No kidding. This is what we have to do. We can't just sit back and think everything is going to be OK, or thinking that it will be taken care of. YOU have to do it. I hope I am not sounding condemnatory or judgmental, I just really care, and I know you do as well.

1913_to_2008
12-26-2007, 08:12 PM

I agree. I also notice how everyone likes to talk a lot and donate on their credit cards (which is great) but, try to get a sign bomb going or a door to door effort and nobody is interested. If there were thousands of signs in every town and city that would be worth millions but, it seems most people aren't interested.

All we have to is make home made signs. Every since the 16th passed, I feel that the whole thing is going a bit stale...Who knows though everyones probably doing a lot individually. I just hope a sign bomb or canvasing effort catches on.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
nt

european
12-27-2007, 06:46 AM

+1

freedom-maniac
12-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Sehr Gut! This is an obvious problem. We need to focus our creative energy on winning.

ItsTime
12-27-2007, 08:06 AM
just donate to the blimp and magic will happen /sarcasm

seriously we all need to get out there and do something! As far as collecting sigs all the campaigns are having the same problems that we are, this is how it works. Nothing is easy.

nc4rp
12-27-2007, 10:08 PM
what do you expect with a grassroots effort? its bound to be haphazard at times. the trick is to stay positive and not let up.

Lucid American
12-27-2007, 10:21 PM
I appreciate your question. Tomorrow morning I am driving to Pearland, Tx. (I live in Katy, Tx.) to pick up campaign materials (signs, bumper stickers, campaign information,etc.) to drop off at the two Meeting groups (The Houston Meetup Group and the West-Houston Meetup Group. The Houston group is meeting this Friday night, the West-Houston group is meeting Jan. 7. Tomotrrow I am contacting the Sec Of State to file for the Republican campaign chairman in the FT. Bend County district. We vote in Texas on March 4th. After the polls close we will return to vote that night for delegates. I also am going to be a delegate and plan to attend the State convention and hopefully the National convention to voice my support for Ron Paul.. I am just learning how to do all this. I have been researching this for days. My family won't even talk to me! I have been on the computer for 18 hours a day. No kidding. This is what we have to do. We can't just sit back and think everything is going to be OK, or thinking that it will be taken care of. YOU have to do it. I hope I am not sounding condemnatory or judgmental, I just really care, and I know you do as well.

That's great work! I wish I were in a situation where I could dedicate more time to the cause. Between work, three kids that I have alone half the week, MBA work, and a wife that hasn't bought into Dr. Paul, I'm strapped. I've got lots of Paul signs on my car and at my cubicle, and everyone who knows me knows I support him, but outside of that . . .

Sandra
12-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Woo Hoo Chiplitfarm! I'm originally from Alvin and relatives galore in Pearland.

Scott Wilson
12-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Go back at night and vote for delegates? First I have ever heard of that.

I am in Rutherford County, Tennessee. My wife will be voting for Ron in the primary here on Feb 5th.

Could someone expand on this going back at night business??

phoenixrising
12-29-2007, 04:38 AM
i agree....

& there was a great thread that got buried about caucus....

check it out--tons of detail!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=741132#post741132

constituent
12-29-2007, 05:58 AM

this post didn't.... the OP did. i agree w/ you though btw...

-just sayin'

Bradley in DC
12-29-2007, 06:15 AM
How many of you know that after you vote in your primary you must go back that very night to vote for delegates.

That is not true for most states and not at all true for any simple primary states.
Yes, for Texas and other places with hybrid primary-caucus-convention/meeting states, it is true. For the best information, please see this forum's subsections on your specific states.

nc4rp
12-29-2007, 10:33 AM
North carolina has a monthly vote (not daily)

N.C. has local precinct convetion vote to elect base delegates, then county convention vote, then District convention, then Primary election, then State convention to allocate votes to delegates.

You have to be a delegate from the previous convention to even vote at the following convention and different from alot of other states.

So NC does have this "return to vote" policy but its every month Feb - June. rather convoluted to exclude people from becoming a delegate that dont attend the first conventions. (empty seats can be filled along the way of course if people dont show up to a convention- which is common at the early conventions).

just fyi