PDA

View Full Version : #61 - Clarification about Ron Pauls Civil War stance

AlexMerced
12-26-2007, 06:28 PM
http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com

Digg this
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/61_Clarification_about_Ron_Pauls_Civil_War_stance

RonPaulNLiveFree
12-26-2007, 07:18 PM
See, this is why I like Ron Paul. He's the only I know of that can say things like this, and actually have it mean something.

The media and ignorant people are so quick to judge (how dare you say anything bad about Abe Lincoln).

Brutus
12-26-2007, 07:33 PM
St Abe, the patron saint of enormous government, war and corporate hand outs. Naturally, he would be nearly unassailable.

AlexMerced
12-26-2007, 07:34 PM
I mean the guy did get himself killed

raiha
12-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Here is my favourite testimony to Honest Abe's compassion and foresight:

Root, Hog or Perish:

At an unsuccessful peace conference in February, 1865 Alex Stephens asked Lincoln what was to become of the emancipated slaves in the absence of education, wealth, or land.

Lincoln replied with a story (and we all know how fond he was of anecdotes) about an Illinois pig farmer who was telling a neighbour about a great discovery he had made. He’d found a way to economize on the time and labour spent on the food crops for the pigs, which would also feed them in the winter.
“What is it?” asked the neighbour.
“Why , it is,” said the pig farmer, “to plant plenty of potatoes, and when they are mature, without either digging or housing them, turn the pigs loose in the field and let them get their own food.”
“But ,”said the neighbour, “how will they do when the winter comes and the ground is hard frozen?”
“Well,” said the farmer, “let ‘em root!”

Alex Stephens replied to Lincoln, “That, Mr President, must be the origin of the adage, ‘Root, hog, or perish.”

(E.Ramsay Richardson., Little Aleck: The Life of Alexander Stephens N.Y., 1932) 280

Big Lou
12-26-2007, 10:01 PM
This whole Lincoln/Civil War nonsense is one of the best pieces of misdirection that I've seen this entire campaign. Tomorrow, Ron will be on several high-profile news shows debating a 150-year-old war instead of talking about current issues. I guess it's not news that an economic crisis looms.

AlexMerced
12-26-2007, 10:04 PM
yeah, people will latch into anything to justify why someone isn't mainstream

pickfair
12-26-2007, 10:40 PM
And all this because stupid Russert couldn't dig any dirt on Paul's personal record. So he has to bring up the freaking CIVIL WAR. Am I behind or aren't we fighting a war in Iraq?!

ChickenHawk
12-26-2007, 10:53 PM
It really hurts the credibility of the argument when you say "THE CIVIL WAR HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY". The war was not a moral crusade against slavery and there were many points of contention between the North and South but the war most certainly had something to do with slavery.

AlexMerced
12-26-2007, 11:15 PM
It really hurts the credibility of the argument when you say "THE CIVIL WAR HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY". The war was not a moral crusade against slavery and there were many points of contention between the North and South but the war most certainly had something to do with slavery.

fair enough, edited