PDA

View Full Version : URGENT-Rhode Island,Ohio,New Jersey Need Signatures ASAP or RP doesnt get on ballot!

Magicman
12-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Here are the States which we've hit crunch time for Petition Ballot Signatures and still don't have them: TO MY KNOWLEDGE (There may be more.)

Rhode Island
Ohio
New Jersey
New Hamshire (wtf?)

Somehow, this is a very basic piece of plumbing that's leaking/falling through the cracks.

I don't live in any of them. Most meetups haven't thought about this basic piece of logistics. I'm pretty sure that mine (Kansas) hasn't. I'm not sure if this is the Meetup's fault. It's the PROFESSIONAL PAID CAMPAIGN, or their designated FINANCE CHAIRS (Usually local State Legislators or GOP Party officers) who typically handle this, much in the same way the PAID campaign is supposed to handle press relations..

In the Case of Dr. Paul, there *IS* No Incumbent "committee to elect so and so" to pull these signatures precinct by precinct. We DON'T HAVE a State Legislative apparatus the way other candidates do. (And, I may add, it seems that the impetus to create one has fallen on deaf ears.)

SO MEETUP GROUPS ARE IT.

EACH MEETUP GROUP NEEDS TO:

1. Identify how many signatures are needed per their Secretary of State.
a. Determine if the signatures must be from any persons ELIGIBLE to Vote, Registered Voters, or Registered Republicans.
b. Identify the Form required to collect signatures.
c. Purchase a local Voter Registration List from either the Secretary of State's Office, or they can also be obtained from a company called Aristotle here: http://www.voterlistsonline.com/version2/site/page.asp?page_id=home

2. Identify method of Delivery. Someone in each meetup group can CALL the Secretary of State's office and find out what to gather and where to send them.

3. Appoint District/Precinct Captains by either Federal Representative District or State Representative District. State Rep Districts are generally better at it.

4. Collect Signatures this weekend in that State.

5. Mail them to the Secretary of State for Certification. Gather them in the Meetup locatioon.

6. Turn them in, in accordance to instructions given in #2.

matratzac
12-26-2007, 06:23 PM
jesus it seems like every day something new comes out regarding the incompetency of the campaign committee

Magicman
12-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, it's also the fault of the supporters or organizers in that state who didn't promote or make a formal announcement until the LAST minute.

I mean they just tossed Giuliani a win in Rhode Island since he's the only republican on the ballot :(

specsaregood
12-26-2007, 08:22 PM
//

KingTheoden
12-26-2007, 08:32 PM
The New Hampshire ballot was tended to months ago. I am not aware of any New Jersey or Rhode Island problems. I have heard about Ohio and thought that the deadline already passed, though I do not know what the result was.

I think we have to be careful of unwittingly spreading disinformation; if we think that there is a ballot problem, it should be backed by a source. I do however appreciate your intent to sound the alarm and get things finished.

This is something in which the campaign absolutely has to be taking the lead. Grass roots can serve as support forces, but a $20 million a quarter campaign has no legitimate apology if they fail to meet ballot deadlines. None. If, and this is a big 'if' because for all I know this is nothing more than a game of telephone, they are screwing this up, Dr. Paul has to remove some people and put in competent workers.

jb4ronpaul
12-26-2007, 08:39 PM
in ohio we are going to ask people to send in their petitions no later than thursday VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS SERVICE PLEASE. No regular mail. Details on the website soon.

www.ohio4ronpaul.com

We will not turn in the petitions until Jan 3, so if you want to continue to circulate a new copy of a petition you can, but please get in what you have tomorrow so it can be counted and validated.

Magicman
12-26-2007, 08:47 PM
I got this from a bulletin.

I have heard much more sources that are saying there not on the ballot regarding Rhode Island and Ohio. I was skeptical about the other states.

I'd like to hear more about RI just in case.

specsaregood
12-26-2007, 09:02 PM
//