PDA

View Full Version : thinking about 20 foot blimp in NH

svillee
12-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Since the big blimp won't be making it to NH, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to get a 20 foot tethered blimp here, similar to the one Elizabeth Blane is floating (http://www.nolanchart.com/article703.html) in San Diego. I spoke with Elizabeth, and she gave me a contact who may be able to overnight it to NH.

I'd be willing to finance it partially or fully, but I'm in northern NH. I'm looking for someone in southern NH (say Concord, Manchester or Nashua) who has some time between now and the primary, and would be willing to (1) receive overnight shipment, (2) store it at night, (3) scout out appropriate locations to float it, (4) fill it with helium and float it.

After the primary, we could donate it to some other worthy state. :)

If interested, please PM me or reply here. Thanks.

faisal
12-26-2007, 08:54 PM
That's a really neat idea to share the blimp among the states = ]

jgmaynard
12-26-2007, 09:50 PM
I could definantly help out with at least some of the stuff - I'm in Temple, so I'm fairly close and central to Manchester, Nashua, Peterborough and Keene.

I'd have no trouble receiving it - I work from home. I have a good deal of area to store it in a large barn. I'd have a few questions and I'd have to check with my other half, but that could probably be made to work.

Scouting may be someone's else's pervue, but I am fairly familiar with most areas around here, so the need for scouting may be reduced.

Let me know what I can do to help.

JM

svillee
12-27-2007, 12:36 PM
The timing just isn't right for doing this in NH. It turns out the 20-foot blimp probably wouldn't be delivered until the end of next week, which would allow only one weekend of floating before the primary.

If anyone is interested in doing this in another state, Elizabeth's contact at California Advertising Blimps is Mike Sandlin, 619-787-1227.