PDA

View Full Version : Makes me sad...

GoRon2008
12-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, last night we had a ton of family over and some small political discussions came up.

They were all talking about how we are policing the world and that our dollar is loosing value and all of Ron's other talking points. They also said how they don't like the front runners and that there is nobody good. They also hunt so they were talking about gun laws and how stupid they are.

So, I fully expected them to all support Ron Paul. But, when I mentioned him, most of them never even heard of him!!!:mad:

I can't believe it!

Hopefully I encouraged a few people to look him up but its sad that the MSM is effective at blocking him out.

He IS the peoples choice but the people don't know it yet.

llepard
12-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Well, last night we had a ton of family over and some small political discussions came up.

They were all talking about how we are policing the world and that our dollar is loosing value and all of Ron's other talking points. They also said how they don't like the front runners and that there is nobody good. They also hunt so they were talking about gun laws and how stupid they are.

So, I fully expected them to all support Ron Paul. But, when I mentioned him, most of them never even heard of him!!!:mad:

I can't believe it!

Hopefully I encouraged a few people to look him up but its sad that the MSM is effective at blocking him out.

He IS the peoples choice but the people don't know it yet.

Amen brother.

And even some of the people who have heard the message still find some other reason to not believe. He is eccentric. He is not Presidential like. He has some radical ideas. Amazing stuff. It's like the solution is so simple and it is right before their eyes, and yet they might as well be blind. Frustrating.

Sometimes I think that whoever said, "the people want to be deceived, so let them be deceived" (i can't remember the latin) was right on target.

I also like the article, "The Revolt of the Intelligent". Too bad government schools have left so many people in the dark.

shasshas
12-26-2007, 04:47 PM
just hows we have a long way to push to get his message out there

remember the lead candidates have been in the front pages about 4 years+ more than Dr Paul

OptionsTrader
12-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Sometimes I think that whoever said, "the people want to be deceived, so let them be deceived" (i can't remember the latin) was right on target.

populus vult decipi, et decipiatur

RevolutionSD
12-26-2007, 04:51 PM
hey, don't be sad, at least your family is logical and can talk about real issues!
My family is all Rudy supporters and refuse to engage in political discussions with me, especially about Ron Paul.

Sounds like you may even have converted some people!

Alabama Supporter
12-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I hope you had some campaign material to give them! Make sure and follow up with these people if you have the opportunity. These are potential voters!

TruckinMike
12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
One trait common with most neo-cons is that they will vote for anyone to keep hillery out. --- Use the Zogby blind study to show them that Ron Paul is our only hope.

TMike

UnReconstructed
12-26-2007, 05:04 PM

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

llepard
12-26-2007, 05:12 PM

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Did Bush really say that? He will go down as the worst President in U.S. history.

GoRon2008
12-26-2007, 10:24 PM
I hope you had some campaign material to give them! Make sure and follow up with these people if you have the opportunity. These are potential voters!

I didnt sadly.

I got into a political discussion with my side of the family on thanksgiving and it turned into a mess of a conversation so I decided to stay off of politics for family gatherings. But, it just so happened to come up.

I think I got at least one, maybe two people that will look more into paul though.

Hopefully Pauls message will continue to spread like wildfire and the people will wake up.

Ill say this... If Paul looses, it WONT be due to the wrong message but rather the peoples ability to see it clearly.

Everyone I know has the same views as us yet they are not supporting Paul like they should.

GoRon2008
12-26-2007, 10:25 PM
hey, don't be sad, at least your family is logical and can talk about real issues!
My family is all Rudy supporters and refuse to engage in political discussions with me, especially about Ron Paul.

Lol, sorry guy, that made me chuckle.

yea, that sucks! :)

hawks4ronpaul
12-26-2007, 10:29 PM

Show them all the videos about RP supporters at Rudy functions and the interviewer asking Rudy about it.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

SWATH
12-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Allow me to interject a positive spin:

"I JUST CONVERTED MY WHOLE FAMILY TO RON PAUL!"

piotr1
Mr. Llepard, if everything goes to hell, and you decide to make a run for it.... can i carry your bags for you? :rolleyes:

VicVixvi
Funny that Larry should post in this thread. Larry's USA Today ad came out shortly before Thanksgiving. I bought 5 copies, one of which I gave to my brother at our family thanksgiving dinner.

Fast forward to Christmas. Our family gathered and I gently inserted politics into the conversation. MY BROTHER mentioned Ron Paul and how he is supporting him now. I followed up with "Oh, I think I've got some Ron Paul slim jims in the truck" which I proceeded to make sure that all of my family members received. Most were *very* receptive.

Truly, the seeds of liberty once planted are a plant of rapid growth. :)

Thanks Larry!

pickfair
12-26-2007, 10:31 PM
That is exactly what happened to my friend. He was talking to this guy who basically repeated everything Ron Paul said, but he didn't know much about him. But he's learning and I think he'll catch on just in time for the primaries.

specsaregood
12-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Did Bush really say that? He will go down as the worst President in U.S. history.

Yes indeed he did. It was funny in a sad kinda way.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

chiplitfam
12-26-2007, 10:35 PM
We forget that the elections are a year away. When Ron wins some of these early primaries, the media will have to take notice. It will snowball after that. If you listen carefully to how the media is shifting their focus from Ron Paul having no chance at all, to now that most voters are still undecided, what they are now doing is protecting themselves and saving face when he destroys the other candidates. They will be able to say that the undecided voters went with Ron Paul. How were we to guage that, they will say. They will never admit their deceptive reporting. But that is OK. We are going to win, and they will lose their credibility (they actually already have). Hopefully, under Ron Paul's Presidency, we will bw able to create a new and trustworthy news agency. GO RON PAUL, and GET INVOLVED now with your local Republican Groups.