PDA

View Full Version : What is the "final" plan to push RP over $20mil anybody know?

Dave Wood
12-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Is there a "bomb" or something? I see we are sitting at close to $19mil but we havnt been rising very quickly (due to Christmas?) so at this pace we wont come near the $20mil mark..

I must be missing something........forgive me.

If anyone knows what the main plan is:confused::confused::confused:

Sey.Naci
12-26-2007, 03:45 PM
If people participate in Ron Paul's Payday, the first payday to be Dec 28 - this Friday -, then that paycheck will go some way to getting him to $20M. There's also donate2008.org (http://www.donate2008.org/), I think.

Bergie Bergeron
12-26-2007, 03:47 PM
http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

Paulitician
12-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Nothing really. donate2008.org has very few pledges...

dave_mack33
12-26-2007, 03:56 PM
would it matter if i just donated to the official website on that same friday instead of the pac for rpp?

jrich4rpaul
12-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Why don't we just freakin donate when we can. I'm sick of people needing everyone else to donate in order to do it themselves as well.

We have the world record. Now let's raise some money asap instead of flatlining the donation ticker for another month just to do a money bomb that gets discussed on the news for 2 days afterwards.

runningdiz
12-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Why don't we just freakin donate when we can. I'm sick of people needing everyone else to donate in order to do it themselves as well.

We have the world record. Now let's raise some money asap instead of flatlining the donation ticker for another month just to do a money bomb that gets discussed on the news for 2 days afterwards.

AMEN!! Money bombs are sooo old. If you have money to donate donate NOW why wait?? Pace needs to pick up if people really want to get 20,000,000

Dave Wood
12-26-2007, 04:12 PM

I agree. The only concern I have here is generating enough excitement to remind people to donate before the 4th quarter deadline-----"money bombs" are good for that sort of thing

I havent seen anything floating in the blogsphere reminding people to keep an EYE on the ticker to make sure it goes over the mark---whatever that mark is. ($20mill maybe?)

Paulitician
12-26-2007, 04:14 PM
One thing HQ can do is have another goal to raise a million dollars for the last week, like they did in Q3. Otherwise, I don't see us passing the 20 million mark, money bomb or no money bomb.

walt
12-26-2007, 04:17 PM
voters, voters , voters - that is the ONLY thing that matters now!

Paulitician
12-26-2007, 04:20 PM
20 million for the quarter could = much more voters than 19 million

fortilite
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
We're not gonna hit $20 mill. I doubt we will hit $19.25 unless there is a stash of offline donations that haven't been tabulated.

raystone
12-26-2007, 04:26 PM
wow, this shows how sick we are of moneybombs...

this was planned for the 31st, and was supposed to be the next moneybomb ,

http://freeatlast2008.com/

right now at 667 subscribers.

coffeewithchess
12-26-2007, 04:34 PM
If the campaign comes out with another contest for the new year, like "DONATE $10 or more before the new year and you are entered for a chance to MEET Dr. Paul!", I bet they would easily reach $20 million.

Thom1776
12-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Look.

We don't need ANY MORE money bombs!

We will donate what we can and we WILL get over the 20 million mark on the 31st.

Starting January 3rd, we will have VOTE BOMBS!!

The next one will be January 8th!

And so on...

After that, the money will come pouring in as a result of our VOTE BOMBS!!

Sey.Naci
12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
wow, this shows how sick we are of moneybombs...

this was planned for the 31st, and was supposed to be the next moneybomb ,

http://freeatlast2008.com/

right now at 667 subscribers.There was controversy about the theme for that one, which is likely why it encountered sign-up problems. The theme for donate2008.org (http://www.donate2008.org/) is just New Years Eve, which may be why it's having better luck.

max
12-26-2007, 05:17 PM

I agree...BUT...there is a huge psychlogical difference between 19.9 million and 20 million....

A mini "hit 20" bomblet would not be a bad idea

Dave Pedersen
12-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Well.. during the other money bombs here's what I did:

I carefully monitored the donations widget while leaning forward in my chair and grunting.. then when the donations went up (they always went up using this technique) I dutifully clapped and/or hurrayed enthusiastically. It has proven to be a very successful method of increasing contributions.

*Note* this doesn't work so well on regular days but on money bomb days it works splendidly.

Dave Wood
12-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Well.. during the other money bombs here's what I did:

I carefully monitored the donations widget while leaning forward in my chair and grunting.. then when the donations went up (they always went up using this technique) I dutifully clapped and/or hurrayed enthusiastically. It has proven to be a very successful method of increasing contributions.

*Note* this doesn't work so well on regular days but on money bomb days it works splendidly.

Dave,

You are VERY funny:p I can almost envision you doing that along with many others.....may the force be with you:D

BeFranklin
12-26-2007, 06:24 PM
There is no reason to do big money bombs again, we already have the record. If you want to beat huckabee or cheer in the New Year, those might be little money bombs. What fyi happened to the weekly money bombs?