PDA

View Full Version : Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski

noztnac
12-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Basketball season is upon us. I think it would be good for someone at the campaign to contact Duke Basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski for an endorsement. Ron Paul graduated from Duke medical school and they both emphasize the need for freedom.

Here's a quote from coach K's web site where he attributes success to the freedom he grants players.

"People have to be given the freedom to show the heart they possess. I think it’s a leader’s responsibility to provide that type of freedom. And I believe it can be done through relationships and family. Because if a team is a real family, it’s members want to show you their hearts."

Here's another good one:

"Too many rules get in the way of leadership. They just put you in a box . . . . People set rules to keep from making decisions."

and one for us on the forum:

"Mutual commitment helps overcome the fear of failure—especially when people are part of a team sharing and achieving goals. It also sets the stage for open dialogue and honest conversation."

...and here he sounds a lot like Ron Paul:

"The truth is that many people set rules to keep from making decisions. Not me. I don’t want to be a manager or a dictator. I want to be a leader—and leadership is ongoing, adjustable, flexible, and dynamic. As such, leaders have to maintain a certain amount of discretion."

I think being affiliated with Coach K. would be a great boost to the campaign.
Let's look into it.

http://www.coachk.com/

hypnagogue
12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
It would be unwise for his job to do such a thing, unfortunately.

rooteroa
12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Coach K is the devil. GO MARYLAND!

DealzOnWheelz
12-26-2007, 03:52 PM
It would be unwise for his job to do such a thing, unfortunately.

No it wouldn't plenty of Professor's give endorsements what is the difference between a colleg professor and a Basketball coach???

And by the way LET him make that decision not you for him!!

FireofLiberty
12-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I love Coach K but I don't think he'd make a public endorsement. Know what would rock? Ron Paul coming to one of the games at Cameron and speaking at half time? And all of the Crazies showing Ron love. I've said for awhile now that us Ron Paul supporters are the Cameron Crazies of politics.

xCakex
12-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I love Coach K but I don't think he'd make a public endorsement. Know what would rock? Ron Paul coming to one of the games at Cameron and speaking at half time? And all of the Crazies showing Ron love. I've said for awhile now that us Ron Paul supporters are the Cameron Crazies of politics.

Thats a great idea!

ChristopherBearkat
12-26-2007, 04:02 PM
If we really wanted to make a scene, we could start painting up for sign waves and rallies. (Well, a few of us anyway)

I'm an officer in the Kat Krazies group at my university. (A rabid sports fan group like the Crazies) And if there is one thing I've learned, cameras LOVE people all painted out and waving flags. When I show up at tailgates and stuff, I'll always get people wanting to take my picture. (Even those from rival schools!)

It would be difficult to do in colder climates, but it would be a sure fire way to get attention. (We're kinda hard to miss)

Just a thought.

Bob Spruill
12-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Fark it.

Duke Sucks !

/obscure ? :rolleyes:

hypnagogue
12-26-2007, 04:12 PM
No it wouldn't plenty of Professor's give endorsements what is the difference between a colleg professor and a Basketball coach??? Professors are paid to be intellectually stimulating. Also there are many professors at a given University. I see sport coaches as a more unifying position for a University. He's not supposed to intellectually challenge you, he's supposed to hold up the banner for everyone to get behind.

Politics are divisive. If his #1 goal is to bring his team and his school together he'd be better to stay out of it. However, coaches are people too. It wouldn't be a disaster for him to be politically active, probably. He'd have to make a priority decision.

Bob Spruill
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
http://www.truthaboutduke.com/encyc.php?encycid=78

Krzyzewski has even abused his position for partisan politics, hosting a fundraiser for North Carolina Republican Senate candidate Elizabeth Dole that--because the event was called "Blue Devils for Dole" and was held at a university-owned facility--gave the impression that Duke was endorsing Dole. In all of these cases of misbehavior, Duke has simply looked the other way.

FireofLiberty
12-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Thats a great idea!

I already had someone who went to NH to campaign for Ron float the idea to him about coming to Duke (not necessarily coming to a game at Cameron) and Ron told him that he'd love to but right now the primary schedule won't allow for it because they have to focus on the early primary states. I figured as much, but I thought I'd get my friend to float the idea to him nonetheless. My friend also asked him if he had any good stories from when he went to Duke (he didn't) but Ron did tell him he always gets asked if he has been to any of the "football games" at Duke and he's perplexed by it. If they do ask him about going to the football games there I agree that is perplexing (lol), but I think he probably meant basketball.

Anyway, maybe it's time he goes to one and sees what everyone is on about :D

Georgia Agrarian
12-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Bob Broadhead and that gang of 75 profs that trashed the lacrosse players are still around, and have yet to admit they were wrong, nor have they suffered any consiquinces of their actions. With that being said, even if Coach K does support Dr. Paul, supporting him publicly would be a huge risk with that bunch of commisars around and in charge.

libertarian4321
12-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I doubt he'd make an endorsement even if he supports Ron Paul because of his position.

richk
12-26-2007, 04:48 PM
F**K duke! Go Carolina!!:D

DRV45N05
12-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Coach K? HELL NO!

Here's the guy whose endorsement we need:

http://tarheelmania.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/roy-williams.jpg

W: The Coach ;)

DRV45N05
12-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I already had someone who went to NH to campaign for Ron float the idea to him about coming to Duke (not necessarily coming to a game at Cameron) and Ron told him that he'd love to but right now the primary schedule won't allow for it because they have to focus on the early primary states. I figured as much, but I thought I'd get my friend to float the idea to him nonetheless. My friend also asked him if he had any good stories from when he went to Duke (he didn't) but Ron did tell him he always gets asked if he has been to any of the "football games" at Duke and he's perplexed by it. If they do ask him about going to the football games there I agree that is perplexing (lol), but I think he probably meant basketball.

Anyway, maybe it's time he goes to one and sees what everyone is on about :D

I've actually been contacting the campaign about getting him to come to Carolina. We've got the best facilities in the world for him to speak, and nearly everyone in Student Government is on board with the idea. Jeff Frazee told me they're not going to any non-early primary states until after February 5.

Coola
12-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Coach K is the devil. GO MARYLAND!

YES! GO TERPS!!!

noztnac
12-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Fark it.

Duke Sucks !

/obscure ? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call Coach K. obscure. He's also the coach of the USA National Men's Team.

noztnac
12-27-2007, 05:38 AM
I've actually been contacting the campaign about getting him to come to Carolina. We've got the best facilities in the world for him to speak, and nearly everyone in Student Government is on board with the idea. Jeff Frazee told me they're not going to any non-early primary states until after February 5.

Careful!

South Carolina is Carolina too. And have a better football team.
Go Gamecocks!