PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Religion

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 03:29 PM
How many people here are atheists?
Just wondering, since I'd assume he would have more atheists then any other candidate.

Dr.3D
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
How many people here are atheists?
Just wondering, since I'd assume he would have more candidates then anyone else.

Who would have more candidates than anyone?

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I meant atheists :p

Dr.3D
12-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I meant atheists :p

Why should Ron Paul have more atheist supporters than any of the other candidates?

Wendi
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Ron Paul is a Christian. The beauty of this campaign is in the message of freedom, rather than faith. To each his own - and keep the gov't out of it. Welcome, regardless of what you believe :D

RonRules
12-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm an Atheist. Lots of libertarians are Atheists.

nist7
12-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm agnostic.

Dr.3D
12-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm a Christian, lots of Libertarians are Christians.

Mesogen
12-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm the agnostic kind of atheist.

S3eker
12-26-2007, 05:23 PM
I think a lot of supporters believe that all other supporters believe what they do. The strength with Ron Paul is the message not the man. I personally believe in evolution, am an agnostic/athiest, and pro-choice. I do not see eye to eye with all of Ron Paul's personal views. But I do believe in the Constitution and Freedom. I'm not voting for religion but for the preservation of a Republic. Not all Ron Paulites agree on everything he says, but we do agree to disagree which is way more than any other candidate.

Do you think Ron should run as a Christian candidate? Should religion play a role on who gets elected?

I'm just curious how others felt. I believe religion should never be mentioned during elections but I'm sad to see it does play a role.

Time for Change
12-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I lean toward the Holy Roller side from my upbringing.
A sprinkling of Southern Baptist, a dash of Apostolic :D

I am very opinionated when it comes to my convictions regarding the way I should treat people and carry myself, but I am wide open to and welcome the concepts others may have.
I think that the separate regions of the world choose to call God a different name, yet they reference the same god. Islam is the exception. They claim Jesus only as a prophet, but reference the same people in their scriptures (Moses, Adam / Eve, etc) and they believe there were 12 disciples. Good for them. We are not that far off from each other's views and basic responsibilities as people.

The point I am making is that every religion has a basic set of rules that one MUST follow in order to be in favor of the creator, regardless of the entities name.
What exactly is wrong with that?
At least they have something that places value to the human life, stresses the importance of spirituality, and being responsible for passing those values on to our children.

So, that said, (obviously) you cannot clearly label my belief into one organized religious structure, even though I lean toward the Pentecostal teachings.
THAT, my friends, is what this country is about.
Freedom to believe and to express our beliefs without any fear what-so-ever.
Freedom to search out the answers to those questions, without filtered results being fed back to our browsers

Do we stand at a point in time where that freedom is in jeopardy?
I fear it is not so far away, if we do not pay attention
and most importantly
Pray.
Be it a door knob, a tree, God, Allah, Buddha…you name it…place your faith in whatever you believe in, and pray for peaceful times and equal freedom for EVERYONE.

Ok, I am ranting now...sorry
:o

I think a lot of supporters believe that all other supporters believe what they do. The strength with Ron Paul is the message not the man. I personally believe in evolution, am an agnostic/athiest, and pro-choice. I do not see eye to eye with all of Ron Paul's personal views. But I do believe in the Constitution and Freedom. I'm not voting for religion but for the preservation of a Republic. Not all Ron Paulites agree on everything he says, but we do agree to disagree which is way more than any other candidate.

Do you think Ron should run as a Christian candidate? Should religion play a role on who gets elected?

I'm just curious how others felt. I believe religion should never be mentioned during elections but I'm sad to see it does play a role.

By the way...well said!

1913_to_2008
12-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Where is the poll?

Rattlehead
12-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Well I'm a heathen.

Odinists for Ron Paul! :)

Hail Ron Paul!
Hail the High Gods!
Sig Wunjo, Sig Tyr!

Jason T
12-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Religion gets more attention than it deserves, in my opinion. It's really not that important.

I can't believe how often common sense is credited to Christian-infused morality. (ie) "Be good to thy neighbor." Really, do you have to go to church every week to understand such concepts?

Edward
12-26-2007, 05:39 PM
How many people here are atheists?There have been a number of polls in Ron Paul Forums. I believe that 40-45% consider themselves atheist or agnostic...

What Religion/Beliefs do you have? (12/19/2007)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60623

What religion best describes you? (8/9/2007)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11549&page=2

What religious beliefs best describe you? (9/22/2007)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=19569

What label most accurately describes your belief of the etiology of our universe? (10/5/2007)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22949

Which [religion/age] best describes you? [CLOSED]
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=19456&highlight=Poll

Time for Change
12-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Religion gets more attention than it deserves, in my opinion. It's really not that important.

I can't believe how often common sense is credited to Christian-infused morality. (ie) "Be good to thy neighbor." Really, do you have to go to church every week to understand such concepts?

Not necessarily...lol...I live next door to one of the biggest A$$holes on the planet, and he goes to church every Sunday. He is back to his neighbor hating, self centered ways come Monday morning.

If his parents had taught him common decency, possibly through a religious message, or just plain love, maybe he’d be a lot less of a jerk, but the church is not helping him NOW. :D

Mr. Coolidge
12-26-2007, 07:03 PM
In some ways, I should probably be considered Agnostic. I think of religion as important, but still don't go to traditional services very often, and other things like that.

I'm Jewish, and like most Jews, am not deeply religious.

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Why should Ron Paul have more atheist supporters than any of the other candidates?

Couple of reasons. Atheists tend to be libertarian, to which RP is closest. Also, he is not one of the candidates using their religion to propagate their faith. I have noticed that atheists tend to be more skeptical of things, which is partly of the reason some of them ARE atheists, and most of them probably aren't part of the sheeple that the MSM leads on a leash.

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Where is the poll?

Well i didn't do a poll after all :p

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm a Christian, lots of Libertarians are Christians.

+1

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 07:08 PM

No. Of course, what he believes shapes his political stands, but he shouldn't be basing his candidacy on his religion, and religion should be kept out of the government.

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I lean toward the Holy Roller side from my upbringing.
A sprinkling of Southern Baptist, a dash of Apostolic :D

I am very opinionated when it comes to my convictions regarding the way I should treat people and carry myself, but I am wide open to and welcome the concepts others may have.
I think that the separate regions of the world choose to call God a different name, yet they reference the same god. Islam is the exception. They claim Jesus only as a prophet, but reference the same people in their scriptures (Moses, Adam / Eve, etc) and they believe there were 12 disciples. Good for them. We are not that far off from each other's views and basic responsibilities as people.

The point I am making is that every religion has a basic set of rules that one MUST follow in order to be in favor of the creator, regardless of the entities name.
What exactly is wrong with that?
At least they have something that places value to the human life, stresses the importance of spirituality, and being responsible for passing those values on to our children.

So, that said, (obviously) you cannot clearly label my belief into one organized religious structure, even though I lean toward the Pentecostal teachings.
THAT, my friends, is what this country is about.
Freedom to believe and to express our beliefs without any fear what-so-ever.
Freedom to search out the answers to those questions, without filtered results being fed back to our browsers

Do we stand at a point in time where that freedom is in jeopardy?
I fear it is not so far away, if we do not pay attention
and most importantly
Pray.
Be it a door knob, a tree, God, Allah, Buddha…you name it…place your faith in whatever you believe in, and pray for peaceful times and equal freedom for EVERYONE.

Ok, I am ranting now...sorry
:o

By the way...well said!

I think I'll have to agree with this one.

Anthony T
12-26-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm an atheist.

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Not necessarily...lol...I live next door to one of the biggest A$$holes on the planet, and he goes to church every Sunday. He is back to his neighbor hating, self centered ways come Monday morning.

If his parents had taught him common decency, possibly through a religious message, or just plain love, maybe he’d be a lot less of a jerk, but the church is not helping him NOW. :D

Thats how a lot of people live. It is really sad. Uber hypocrisy.

dircha
12-26-2007, 07:16 PM
If Congressman Paul were not a Christian I would not take his oath of office seriously. This alone is not a sufficient cause to believe its authenticity, but for me it is a necessary one. I would never vote for a non-Christian leader. This personal position is entirely consistent with the Constitution's no religious test clause.

yongrel
12-26-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm an atheist existentialist

yongrel
12-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I would never vote for a non-Christian leader.

Sigh

joelfarm
12-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Why the Incessant need to label everything and everybody, and then turn around and cry that 'your' group is being mistreated or ignored? THIS is why our Nation is so fractured now. Ron Paul's message is one of inclusion of, not seperation of Americans, irregardless of their religeous or political beliefs. I don't care if someone wants to stand on their heads and chant a mantra to Don Ho, if they will help me spread the message of the good doctor, I will walk shoulder to shoulder with them and call them 'brother'

haaaylee
12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
i thought about this earlier today, it does make sense alot of his fans are atheists or agnostic. we are skeptical, and don't trust everything we were taught about jesus, god, etc. as atheists we also tend to poll low, but mostly because we are individuals - we don't group together or have churches. and we don't knock are your door asking if you have accepted what we believe to be true. we are very libertarian. we don't like be told what to believe. as most ron paul fans don't like being told what to do by the government.

i think all religious ron paul supporters should do what they do in politics (question everything) and apply it to religion as well. it's very interesting to read Acharya S (who influenced the beginning of zeitgeist.)

dircha
12-27-2007, 12:19 AM
it's very interesting to read Acharya S (who influenced the beginning of zeitgeist.)

Interesting in a new age, psuedo-historic, intellectually bankrupt kind of way.

JGalt
12-27-2007, 12:49 AM

I can feel the love...

Randist Atheist reporting.

Corydoras
12-27-2007, 12:55 AM

Um... possibly not. He might be a lot worse without church! Impossible to determine this, but don't rule out the possibility he might be a real monster without church.

Dr.3D
12-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Um... possibly not. He might be a lot worse without church! Impossible to determine this, but don't rule out the possibility he might be a real monster without church.

We must not forget. Just going to church every week doe not mean one is a Christian either.

Time for Change
12-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Exactly...it is lip service Christianity only.
I have been nice to this guy beyond my normal level of charity and against my better judgment.
When he moved into the neighborhood I provided MUCH assistance, even did plans for him at NO cost, even gave him some of the materials to build what was spec'd in the plans at no cost to him.
S.O.B. turned on me as soon as the gesture was no longer fresh in his mind.
How about that.
I shrugged that off...chalk it up to yet another ignorant person...but wait...it gets even better...
Now my property is his personal yard debris repository?
Apparently it is "acceptable" for this nutcase to pick up his yard debris and throw it over my fence. Not a little bit of grass clipping...it is branches and pine cones, etc.
Uhh...WHAT? Is this idiot serious?
Ok so I am supposed to turn the other cheek, I'll do it this time...see if he learns from the example...that is why I purchased a punching bag to begin with, so I'll use it!

Now I could easily go over and let him taste my knuckles, place a nice print of the back of my hand on the side of his head or drag him into the legal system, but what will it do? Absolutely nothing.
The legal system will take up my valuable time to give him a slap on the wrist.
Physical confrontation will only give him a reason to call the cops and claim he was a "Victim" of aggression.
Not enough of a return :D
I did have some fun getting his blood pressure up when I confronted him and questioned his "Christianity". Dumb arse got all offended when I said "You are supposed to be a Christian? I can't tell. Is this what Jesus would do?"
HAHAHAHA...he came unglued but still didn't have the nerve to escalate.
I was watching him get all worked up, and thought "Great, now this idiot is going to have an aneurysm" lol

So to get back toward the topic at hand, I am completely sick of all the people who claim they are Christians, but their actions directly oppose the teachings of Christianity.
At what point will the masses wake up and call these boneheads out for what they really are?
The big dubya is claiming he is a Christian, yet he is lying, stealing, cheating and killing every day.
I feel that even though he is not the one pulling the trigger he is guilty, because he is premeditating the murder by giving the order.
How can he get away with that in our predominantly Christian society?
The public can't.

We need to be really careful, and do plenty of research when these candidates profess to be christians lest we be duped again.
While I'd prefer to have a person in office that IS a christian, I'd rather have one that point blank says he is NOT, than have one that lied about it.

Laja
12-27-2007, 12:47 PM

Now there's an example of a very Christian thing to say. NOT!

JenaS62
12-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm agnostic - meaning I think it's impossible to prove the existence of God. I believe that organized religion is made by men for men.