PDA

View Full Version : American Flag 8 x 5 nylon - Wanted

Elijah
12-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I am looking for a 8 x 5 nylon American Flag around the Elizabeth City, NC area.

I will go buy it and pick it up. I will drive to Norfolk if I have to.

Can anyone tell me where to go?

CarpesDiem
12-26-2007, 01:56 PM
OVERNIGHT ONE to you?

There's about 25 different flag companies in the US with many of them having it in stock.

http://www.united-states-flag.com/usa105-poly.html

Elijah
12-26-2007, 01:59 PM
The blimp is scheduled to leave the hangar tomorrow morning at 6 am. They say they can only put the flag on in the hangar.

I can start driving right now. I just need a little help finding one.

Thanks everyone

OptionsTrader
12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
You can always try the United States Coast Guard Air Station (Department of Homeland Security). It's nearby, and I'm sure they would love to donate a flag for your cause :D

faisal
12-26-2007, 02:11 PM
According to Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=active&client=safari&rls=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=stores&near=Elizabeth+City,+NC&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1), there are several stores in Elizabeth City. Walmart and Big Lots will be your best bet:

Walmart - 101 Tanglewood Pkwy, Elizabeth City, NC - (252) 338-3367
Big Lots - 685 South Hughes Boulevard, Elizabeth City, NC - (252) 331-6582

Sorry I can't help any more, I live in California and have no clue about anything in the east coast = )

CarpesDiem
12-26-2007, 02:19 PM
The blimp is scheduled to leave the hangar tomorrow morning at 6 am. They say they can only put the flag on in the hangar.

I can start driving right now. I just need a little help finding one.

Thanks everyone

Nothing like waiting till the very last moment?... you can get a AM delivery

Can't have the BLIMP WAIT a few hours? Not like it has to be anywhere in an Emergency.

CarpesDiem
12-26-2007, 02:22 PM
According to Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=active&client=safari&rls=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=stores&near=Elizabeth+City,+NC&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1), there are several stores in Elizabeth City. Walmart and Big Lots will be your best bet:

Walmart - 101 Tanglewood Pkwy, Elizabeth City, NC - (252) 338-3367
Big Lots - 685 South Hughes Boulevard, Elizabeth City, NC - (252) 331-6582

Sorry I can't help any more, I live in California and have no clue about anything in the east coast = )

I only see U.S. Flag, 3'W x 5'L for sale from those companies

pacelli
12-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm happy to see that liberty is the most pressing issue for the new year!

Elijah
12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
UPDATE -- Ok, no hurry. I was under the impression that the flag could only be changed in the hangar. We can rent a cherry picker and change the flag on location. We just have to pay for the cherry picker. But that is much cheaper than flying it back to Elizabeth City to change the flag.

So, do we want a 13 star Betsy Ross flag??

EDIT - Can someone locate a 13 star 8 foot by 5 foot nylon flag?

faisal
12-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I doubt they'll sell you one in any nearby locations... Online is your best bet. I've only seen one in my lifetime - at a Ron Paul campaign office I went to once.

pacelli
12-27-2007, 12:56 AM
UPDATE -- Ok, no hurry. I was under the impression that the flag could only be changed in the hangar. We can rent a cherry picker and change the flag on location. We just have to pay for the cherry picker. But that is much cheaper than flying it back to Elizabeth City to change the flag.

5 x 8' Betsy Ross Nyl-Glo - $56.95

For outdoor display, flags are offered in Nyl-Glo 100% heavy weight nylon, a 200 venier bunting specially treated to minimize sun and chemical deterioration. America's first choice, they are extremely durable, fast-drying, with brilliant fast colors. All outdoor flags are finished with strong duck heading and large brass grommets.

Available at:

http://www.flagstoreusa.com/Products/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=163

imbrians89
12-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Why the hell would you use the old school colonial flag? This is the USA not the 13 colonies. Please use the REAL American flag. 50 stars thirteen stripes. Thank you..

HOLLYWOOD
12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Why not hang them in tandem, both the 13 & 50 star flags?

Additionally, get them autographed sometime in the future by RP and auction them off for Charity or funding. Then again, the Blimp-O-Cons know everything...

Cyclone
12-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Why not hang them in tandem, both the 13 & 50 star flags?

Additionally, get them autographed sometime in the future by RP and auction them off for Charity or funding. Then again, the Blimp-O-Cons know everything...

Wait, no, I got a great idea. Why don't we hang all of the flags that have ever existed. Every time they got a new star, we should get a flag of that one and then put all 37 flags on the blimp.

macdee
01-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Has this been done yet? If not, I will pay for the cherry picker and flags before the blimp returns to it's final resting place. Please send me the cost and I will pay for it. Dr. Ron Paul MUST have a thirteen star flag flown on the Ron Paul Blimp! Also I would like one myself. I will also pay for additional flags flown on the blimp for the Blimp team for historical purposes. Let me know how many flags and the cost of the cherry picker to make this happen. Please have the captain of the blimp sign, date, and number with a permanent fine point marker on the white cloth between the two brass hoops of the flag. This will authenticate that the flags had flow on the Ron Paul Blimp.

lancey3
01-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Why the hell would you use the old school colonial flag? This is the USA not the 13 colonies. Please use the REAL American flag. 50 stars thirteen stripes. Thank you..

symbolizes what the founding fathers fought for and the constitution and the return to basics. its not like its a saudi flag c'mon man.

macdee
01-26-2008, 01:37 AM
If I order a flag and send it over night express, you'll have to give me the address and stay in one place to receive it. I'll pay for the cherry picker to swap the flags out. Let me know if this arrangement is possible.

I suggest we fly more then one so Dr. Paul, The Blimp Team, and myself have a flag flow on the Ron Paul Blimp. Each flag should be signed by the captain with the date and flag number using a thin point permanent marker to authenticate the flag for historical purposes.

Time is running out if we are going to do this. Please let me know. I'll pay for it!

macdee
01-26-2008, 02:15 AM
I'd really like to see a thirteen star flag flown on the Ron Paul Blimp! This would be for Dr. Paul and any of those that are interested. What can we do to make this happen? I will help to get the job done. How much time do we have left?

macdee
01-26-2008, 02:24 AM
We really need some flags flown on the Ron Paul Blimp for Dr. Paul and the Blimp Team. I'm sure some Ron Paul supporters would also be interested. What can we do to make this happen.