PDA

View Full Version : Mesages for Sign Waving

kv3g
12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I had a stray thought (one of many): Maybe folks won't remember the contents of the signs by the time they drive home.

But what if you plant an annoying (or catchy) song in their heads. You know what I mean. Songs get stuck in your head for hours, or even days. As some point you get annoyed at yourself, and ask "why is that F*CKING song stuck in my head?!?!?".

So, we need a catchy or annoying song. Ideally, substitute "Ron Paul" somewhere for the real words in a way that makes sense. If it's close enough, peoples' brains will latch on whether they like it or not. If we cannot subsitute "Ron Paul" anywhere, then at least pick a song with lyrics that relate.

I've only spent a little while thinking about this. I'm hoping the kind readers here will mull it over and come up with something great! As soon as I see a clear winner, I will make a 36" by 30" poster of it for the reverse side of my existing sign.

These are not good enough, but here's what I have so far. On the catchy, and message-related side, and the one that is subsequently on infinite loop in my own head right now:

Get up! Stand Up! Don't Give Up the Fight!

on the annoying-when-it's-stuck-in-your-head side (turn away to avoid this one being stuck in your own head, 'cause it really, really sucks):

It's the Final Countdown!

If you don't know that song, do yourself a favor and pretend you never read this. Don't look it up. Run away, and don't look back.

-- KV3G

Mkultra
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
For What it's Worth, by Buffalo Springfield.

erin moore
01-06-2008, 05:27 AM
you say you want a revolution?
well ya know... we all wanna chane the world
RON PAUL

MalcolmGandi
01-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I like Ron Paul and I cannot lie

Bradley in DC
01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Unless you live in South Dakota, it's WAY too late in the game for sign waving. Go canvass your neighborhood.

erin moore
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
ummm, we just had a hugely successful sign wave here in kentucky yesterday

TastyWheat
03-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Change We Can Actually Explain (Obama parody)