PDA

View Full Version : mccain email...tied for first and only 3 points behind ?!?

caradeporra
12-26-2007, 12:48 PM
"A new poll from the Boston Globe / UNH has Senator McCain tied for first at 25%, only three points behind Mitt Romney and well within the poll's margin of error."

This is quoted from john mccain's mailing list's latest email....

my question is, how can you be tied for first AND 3 points behind...something is wrong there!

constitutional
12-26-2007, 12:49 PM
It's the wording of that sentence. They are claiming to be almost # 1, just 3 points behind [margin of error].

[edit] The guy, DeepBlu, puts it the best. See post below :)

DeepBlu
12-26-2007, 12:50 PM
A statistical tie for first, as the difference lies within the margin of error.

Highstreet
12-26-2007, 12:51 PM
"A new poll from the Boston Globe / UNH has Senator McCain tied for first at 25%, only three points behind Mitt Romney and well within the poll's margin of error."

my question is, how can you be tied for first AND 3 points behind...something is wrong there!

When the margin for error within the poll is 3 or 4 percent, then their actual support could be + or - 4%, putting them above or below each other.

Romney's could be anywhere from 24% TO 32%.

McCain's could be 21% to 29%.

wfd40
12-26-2007, 12:54 PM
mccain will be taking away a lot of votes from Paul.. we should all be very worried about this news. DAMNIT! I had a feeling this would happen... (see earlier posts)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-26-2007, 12:57 PM
paul is at 8% in this poll.
It's factored in on realclearpolitics.com

RPatTheBeach
12-26-2007, 01:01 PM
gee.. poll results indicating mccain is almost winning, shortly after they endorse him? Something tells me these results might not be accurate.

justatrey
12-26-2007, 01:08 PM
gee.. poll results indicating mccain is almost winning, shortly after they endorse him? Something tells me these results might not be accurate.

QFT. The Boston Globe endorsed him very recently. Quite a coincidence.

paulitics
12-26-2007, 01:10 PM
mccain will be taking away a lot of votes from Paul.. we should all be very worried about this news. DAMNIT! I had a feeling this would happen... (see earlier posts)

McCain takes more votes away from the neocons than Paul. This hurts Romney and leaves Paul relatively unaffected. Obama is taking more independent votes away from Paul than some war mongerer.

jd603
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Why do people still believe polls? They've lost all credibility with me...

I'm not saying there aren't "good" polls out there, but the ones i've seen have been severely manipulated, such as Giuliani leading in NH, YEAH RIGHT, YOU WISH RUDY, NOBODY LIKES YOU HERE.

rich34
12-26-2007, 01:13 PM

It's fine dude. He's a warmonger. Sure he may appeal to "some" independents," but not the ones going for Congressman Paul.

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 01:13 PM

When you're a neo-con, logic doesn't matter! Yea! It's called "truthiness".

Falseflagop
12-26-2007, 01:15 PM
They are pumping McCain now !! Huckabee lost his traction so now hey lets get on the Corru[pt McCain train ? imho

RPinSEAZ
12-26-2007, 01:22 PM
As long as the pro-war vote is split and none of voters are particularly excited about their candidate, Ron Paul will do well. What we need to worry about is if one particular candidate becomes a giant favorite. If anything, this constant jumping from one candidate to another is indicative of good news for us.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Insane in the McCain.
Insane in the Brain.

constitutional
12-26-2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.johnmccain.com/tvads/

His ads are good but... I doubt he has money to run them widely.

Ncturnal
12-26-2007, 02:58 PM
F U Frank!