PDA

View Full Version : Request : Songwriters , Lyricists etc

Gimme Some Truth
12-26-2007, 12:47 PM
I have been a songwriter ,for my band , for about 8 years now and have been a budding sound engineer (iv got a pretty nice home studio) for about 6 years. I am posting this in an attempt to collect works from a variety of people whether they be songwriters , melody makers , lyricists, poets etc ... basically anything that can be used to promote Ron Paul in the digital domain.

I say I am a songwriter , but im more of a melody maker ... in that I can come up with decent melodies and can play a fair few instruments ,but Im not too confident in my lyric writing skills . Im sure there are people here who quite fancy themselves at writing lyrics but have no interest in writing or recording music for them. I think it'd be cool for us to post lyrics and even links to demos in a hope we can mix all our talents together , give each other feedback etc in a hope to creating some good Ron Paul / freedom centred music or digital art or whatever.

Something to sink our creative teeth into after a long day of campaigning on the streets etc :)

( I just hope that this thread gets viewed with it being down here in the neverworld of the forum :D )

Gimme Some Truth
12-26-2007, 01:00 PM
As a starter , here is a simple track i am currently working on called "If you want it"

Verse1:

Well I've had it
God Damn it
I've had enough of the lies in the Senate

The House fell
I can tell
The way we're goin' we're gonna wind up in hell , well....

Theres one man
Left in town
He speaks the truth , he can turn it all around

This man
Stands tall
All my people know his name is Ron Paul

Chorus:

Revolution
If you want it
If you want it

Obviously this is just the lyrics (i havent begun recording it yet).

As I stated in my previous post , Im not much of a lyricist so Im struggling to write a 2nd verse. It'd be great if someone could come up with something (the structure and rhyming is very simple as you can see) . Im not here toplunder other people's work and call it my own. Whilst Im not bothered myself about credit for my RP/freedom centred songs (iv got a couple more in the works) anyone who helps out with my tracks will get full credit (tho you may not want it after listening to the track! :D ) Its about promoting RP/freedom and , being a lover of music, i find music a very special 'lubricant' to new ideas . It can be very powerful.

So, you've seen mine ... show me yours! :)