PDA

View Full Version : Will this stop voter fraud?

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I have heard people say that you either have to get a receipt for your vote, or have to take a picture of it. If everyone who votes for RP does that, will that fix voter fraud? Or can they still rig the votes?

nist7
12-26-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't think they allow electrionics of ANY kind into the voting place.....so a camera is out.

Also, I do not believe the voting machines print receipts.

constitutional
12-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Hell, why don't we have our own people go in with small hi-tech gadgets to rig the poll for Ron Paul?

hehe... just a thought. :p

kmj.ronpaul
12-26-2007, 12:55 PM
I've heard one suggestion, that everyone should vote by absentee ballot, and after we complete our ballot but before we mail it in, we should make a photocopy of it. That way, if a district claims that there were only 2,000 votes for Dr. Paul, but 15,000 people have copies of their ballots with Paul marked, we would have some hard evidence that would reduce fraud.

Also, if word gets out that people are going to be making copies of their ballots, maybe that would reduce the likelihood that election officials would try to tamper with ballots and think they would get away with it.

On the other hand, I have heard the rumor that sometimes absentee ballots aren't counted unless there is tight race. It would be awful if 90% of Dr. Paul's votes were coming by absentee ballot, and the election would be a landslide in Dr. Paul's favor, but this wouldn't be known unless the absentee ballots were actually counted!

Some food for thought... I don't have a definitive answer about how to prevent election fraud, at this point.

We also need to start getting organized about having Paul people work the polls, to ensure that every single ballot is processed correctly. I see on my local Board of Elections website that they are now asking for poll workers. I'm thinking about organizing on a local or statewide scale, to get honest poll workers in there. Does anyone else know about efforts to organize poll workers on behalf of Dr. Paul?

nist7
12-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Absentee voting probably does more harm than good.

On election day, the MSM will be all over the exit polls. If 90% of the Paul supporters vote absentee.....that will dramatically skew the exit poll status and cement Paul's status as a no-chance and fringe candidate....thus people on the fence about Paul will swtich to an "electable" candidate.

DO NOT VOTE ABSENTEE.

LibertiORDeth
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM

On election day, the MSM will be all over the exit polls. If 90% of the Paul supporters vote absentee.....that will dramatically skew the exit poll status and cement Paul's status as a no-chance and fringe candidate....thus people on the fence about Paul will swtich to an "electable" candidate.

DO NOT VOTE ABSENTEE.

Well in our state (at least our county) we vote by mail, so Ill photocopy the ballot.

kutibah
12-26-2007, 01:05 PM

DO NOT VOTE ABSENTEE.

+1

OferNave
12-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Please read this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59274