PDA

View Full Version : The Roads

Eroberer
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
For all of you who live around I-35 between Texas and Iowa, how are the roads? Are they clear, or are there still hazardous parts?

slbowman
12-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I am writing this at 9:15 P.M. Central from about 2 hours south of Des Moines on I-35. Since I am borrowing a car I pulled over due to the roads. They are not horrific, and if I was either in a hurry or it was my car I would have continued. While I am fine at driving on snow, someone has hit me on it before so caution when traveling at 55-60 is a good idea.

Right now the roads are fairly icy, and snow is coming down but not at a fast pace. There are bulldozers about, and I would not worry too much about the condition of the roads- but I might allow for a bit of extra time once you get to Kansas City. Before Kansas City, the roads are fine.... On the 27th I would avoid being out really early if you are uncomfortable, but once people are about I would say you'll have no problems.

I hope this helps... let me know if you have anymore questions... I'll check this on my way out tomorrow.

-s