PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Wins, Will the Neocons run a 3rd Party, Pro-War Candidate?

smhbbag
12-26-2007, 12:15 PM
While talking to some folks about him, the 3rd party question came up.

It just came to me out of nowhere, but I responded, "That's not the question, the question is if Ron Paul wins will the neoconservatives run a third-party, or independent, pro-war candidate?"

After sharing the rising Iowa polls, and discussing some of the issues, they started to come around, and appeared to seriously think about the question I asked. It is a legitimate possibility.

Ron LOL
12-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I've considered this too. I think there's a large enough number of folks who just would not be able to accept a Ron Paul win that there could indeed be a situation such as you describe.

RPinSEAZ
12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
No, they aren't motivated enough. They just won't vote.

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
They wouldn't know what to do. They are to bent up on party loyalty, as well as perpetual warfare. There fore, they will do everything they can to keep him from winning at convention and in important primaries. Expect:

Florida ballots
barring of R.P. people from entering
R.P. people watching the vote count will be kept out for "privacy" reasons
Hacking of electronic voting machines
Official results kept secret
Re-counts of votes will not be allowed

stefans
12-26-2007, 12:21 PM
no. they still have 1 candidate in a major party left, instead of both.

I guess if it's kucinish vs. paul they might consider it :p

mwkaufman
Clinton and Obama are not disastrous scenarios for the Neoconservatives. If they want Paul to lose they should just throw their weight behind the Democratic nominee.

Best scenario for Paul is getting to go against Clinton. If it's Obama, Paul and a third party Neoconservative, Obama is going to crush.

Nyte
The answer is a big, OF COURSE! This isn't some high-school election... we're playing in the big leagues friends.

The Neo-Con / CFR "reserve candidate" is Mayor Bloomberg. He's already said he'll spend $2 Billion to make an independent run.

If RP looks like he's going to win the nomination, here's what will happen:

Ron Paul gets the nomination through grassroots efforts.
The CFR's "reserve candidate," Bloomberg enters the race as an independent.
Bloomberg's candidacy is treated like the second coming of Jesus by the MSM.
The Republican base is split since the Rudy McRomnebee neocons throw their support behind Bloomberg in the general election.
Hillary wins.
The status-quo is maintained.

I pray there's enough support from Democrats and Independents to counter the splitting of the Republican base.

FreedomLover
12-26-2007, 12:24 PM
They'll throw their support to the democrat, since they have a long history of supporting military interventions and are easily molded (especially the frontrunners, Clinton, Obama, Edwards, all hacks). The neocons have no loyalty to anyone or anything but their own "demented philosophy of conquest."

nate895
12-26-2007, 12:24 PM

It just came to me out of nowhere, but I responded, "That's not the question, the question is if Ron Paul wins will the neoconservatives run a third-party, or independent, pro-war candidate?"

After sharing the rising Iowa polls, and discussing some of the issues, they started to come around, and appeared to seriously think about the question I asked. It is a legitimate possibility.

I don't think so because they have absolutely no hope of winning if they do so, and neocons will choose between the lesser of two evils if come right down to it, and Ron Paul is the lesser of two evils when compared to Clinton, Obama, or Edwards to a neocon.

That and they'd realize the war is going to end no matter who's President because the Congress would just simply stop funding it.

rachmiel
12-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Rupert Murdoch supports Billary. I think the neo-cons have a candidate in her that satisfies their needs more than adequately.

kahvi
12-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Bloomberg is certainly not a neocon, as well as Obama. But I think it's certainly possible that McCain and Liberman run as indipentet... but let's leave that until it's time for it

rachmiel
12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
In the longer term, I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican party splits into two major factions: the true small government, libertarian-minded conservatives, and the religious fundamentalist economic populists, with the Hucker leading the charge.

N13
12-26-2007, 12:29 PM
They will move to their representative on the democratic side.

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I think several of them may commit suicide as well.

Nyte
12-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Bloomberg is certainly not a neocon...

What?

Would you care to clarify, because the way I see it, Bloomberg is the posterchild for neocons.

Chester Copperpot
12-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, If RP wins, then the neocons will run Mike Bloomberg.. Hes warming up in the bullpen

SovereignMN
12-26-2007, 01:09 PM
They will only run Bloomberg if they felt they couldn't "control" the Democratic candidate.

qwerty
12-26-2007, 01:10 PM

NO, if they lose primaries, there´s no chance they could win the elections...

Giuliani was there on 911
12-26-2007, 01:19 PM

No because they will already have Hillary or Barack ObombIran

Grandson of Liberty
12-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Whether Ron Paul wins the nomination or not, we are witnessing the end of the Republican party as we know it. As a life-long member of the Republican party, that's okay with me.

If he wins the nomination, the current GOP leadership sees a huge change in what their base will accept and expect from them.

If he loses it, they lose the general election, and they are done and done as we rebuild the party from the ground up over the next 4-8 years.

voytechs
12-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Hahahaha. Remember the various limits of running 3rd party after the primaries. They shot themselves in the foot.

werdd
12-26-2007, 01:56 PM
When RP wins, i can almost bet you there will be a Mccain/ liberman independent Neocon ticket.

DRV45N05
12-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I think they'll BACK a 3rd party candidate. I don't know if they'll actually run one.

I could see them getting behind Bloomberg, who has supported the Iraq War from the start. I could also see a McCain-Lieberman ticket emerge if Bloomberg doesn't decide to run.

Some of the neocon intellectuals (Podhoretz, Kristal, etc.) might get behind the Democrat if there's no neocon third-party candidate, but there's no way that neocon pundits (Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, etc.) would do so. They would rather die than vote Democratic, and their listeners would never be convinced to do it.

Alex Libman
12-26-2007, 02:02 PM
The neo-cons are supporting Hellary. See, they think if they alternate parties the public will be fooled into thinking they have a choice in the matter... If someone like Romney is nominated, you can bet your bottom dollar he's running to lose, like Gore and Kerry... The only one I can't say that about is Rudy "Il Duce" Julie Annie - they sure been pimping him pretty hard since 9/11! As a matter a fact, I though he was being prepped to replace Cheney by now...

Nyte
12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I think they'll BACK a 3rd party candidate. I don't know if they'll actually run one.

I could see them getting behind Bloomberg, who has supported the Iraq War from the start. I could also see a McCain-Lieberman ticket emerge if Bloomberg doesn't decide to run.

Some of the neocon intellectuals (Podhoretz, Kristal, etc.) might get behind the Democrat if there's no neocon third-party candidate, but there's no way that neocon pundits (Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, etc.) would do so. They would rather die than vote Democratic, and their listeners would never be convinced to do it.

That's why I said the MSM would treat Bloomberg's run as the second coming of Jesus.

People need to understand that at the end of the day, who ever keeps the war machine going will get the backing of the banks and the military industrial complex.

TheNewYorker
12-26-2007, 02:14 PM
unity 08 mccain/lieberman

max
12-26-2007, 02:19 PM
It's already in the works...

Billionaire Zionist Mike Bloomberg

familydog
12-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Not everyone who is not going to vote for Paul in the primary is a "neo-con" they just disagree on on Iraq. True "neo-cons" would vote for Hillary over Paul, but your average Rush Limbaugh listener who supports the war, will most likely vote for Paul.