PDA

View Full Version : The Campaign Needs to Drop 100K on a Real DVD Tool

mconder
07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I have seen all the DVD's to date and I think they are a testament to the great effort we Ron Paul supporters will go to see Ron elected. That said, I think the DVD's we have to work with are, at best, incoherent collections of mainstream media clips. I would favor the Campaign dropping $100K or more for a studio grade DVD with a coherent and powerful flow. Something geared for conversion of potential voters. Nothing I have seen to date blows my mind.

Interestingly, the Ron Paul campaign in 1996 produced a infomercial style video which was decent by 1996 standards. We need a tool like this. I hope the campaign is listening.

If you agree with me, email the campaign with this request.

jd603
07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree, but they'd need sources for those videos, which is what i'm working on...

I think the campaign has their own hq clips too, so combining them would probably work well.

i agree though, a real HQ DVD makes sense.

DeadheadForPaul
07-10-2007, 04:44 PM
If someone is getting a bunch of these sources, I hope you have them ready and let the campaign know that you've collected them! It will save time and money

mconder
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I am talking about hiring a production team right now who can give us a HQ DVD before the election is over. This seriously needs to get done...no disrespect to the great effort from the amateur stuff we have from volunteers.

I have to say though, I have had a lot of people say they are going to come up with a professional video, only to be let down. I realize that the people who have come up with videos so far have real jobs and don't do this professionally. We need something seriously professional. If your wondering what I mean, look at something put out by one of the top tier campaigns.

DjLoTi
07-10-2007, 04:46 PM
A real HQ DVD makes sense.

I know all of us would buy one. lol.

Erazmus
07-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I know all of us would buy one. lol.

Yup!

Highmesa
07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I think the big thing is getting the production done. Once the torrent is out there, we grassroots can get it distributed on our own dime (no cost to the campaign).

mconder
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I think the big thing is getting the production done. Once the torrent is out there, we grassroots can get it distributed on our own dime (no cost to the campaign).

Definitely! All the campaign needs to do is deliver a great DVD and it will spread like wildfire.

LibertyEagle
07-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I wonder if any of Aaron Russo's crew would be willing to lend a (free or greatly discounted) hand?

jd603
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
The professionals need source video to work with too. clips of interviews, speeches, etc. etc.

I plan to deliver DVDs with all the high quality digital clips to the campaign ASAP to help anyone they hire to produce media.

then they have more available to them to work with.

again, i agree with you, but don't stifle amateurs from doing some work on things, especially if there isn't a professional one available in time. we owe a lot of where we are at right now to amateur video :)

I am talking about hiring a production team right now who can give us a HQ DVD before the election is over. This seriously needs to get done...no disrespect to the great effort from the amateur stuff we have from volunteers.

mconder
07-10-2007, 05:02 PM
but don't stifle amateurs from doing some work on things

I agree we need to do everything we can with what we currently have, but I really believe this would have a huge impact as a tool for Meetup groups.

Bryan
07-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Are there any good example to base what one would think is optimal?

beermotor
07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Honestly I disagree, I think our grassroots stuff is WAY more effective.

DisabledVet
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Wow...Its quotes like these that make me proud to be among you great patriots...do you ever think stuff like this is talked about in Hillary's campaign...or Rudy's....lol...

The PEOPLE will get Ron elected.... I feel it more and more every day...

Ninja Homer
07-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I agree with jd603, there just has to be some high quality footage to work with. The DVD's created so far would be great if they were just created from high quality footage rather than YouTube videos.

I'm sure there are more than a few Ron Paul supporters that could put together a professional quality DVD. I'd like to put one together myself once I have some good footage to work with.

My suggestion for the Ron Paul campaign would be to have a professional videographer or two follow Ron Paul to wherever he speaks, and then make the footage available via ftp or torrent. Low quality previews of each clip could be put up on YouTube. Then all it would take is a request from the campaign for volunteers to put together DVD's geared toward whatever events they are needed for, and there will be a flood of them.

The $100k could then be used for mass distribution and getting the DVD's in the right people's hands.

rpf2008
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Ron Paul should go open source on his campaign to keep cost down. Stay away from Microsoft Ron the fees will suck you dry !

PatriotOne
07-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I wonder if any of Aaron Russo's crew would be willing to lend a (free or greatly discounted) hand?

I keep thinking the same thing. He is a filmaker after all. I can't remember where I heard it but does Russo have cancer?

Nevermind...google is my friend. He does have cancer.

LibertyEagle
07-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I keep thinking the same thing. He is a filmaker after all. I can't remember where I heard it but does Russo have cancer?

Nevermind...google is my friend. He does have cancer.

Yes, sadly. :( That's why I said "his crew", but that's probably asking too much.

AZJV
07-10-2007, 08:37 PM
As I stated in a thread I started about this a couple of days ago, we need video of Ron in a sit down interview format. Soundbite clips from appearances just aren't enough.
Ron needs to be able to talk in depth on these complicated issues in order to make nonbelievers believers. A soundbite on getting rid of the IRS, income tax, the fed reserve just doesn't cut it. These issues demand and deserve more in depth explanations.

People just don't believe that it is possible to survive as a country without these agencies.

Gee
07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
...I would favor the Campaign dropping $100K or more for a studio grade DVD with a coherent and powerful flow...
No way do you need to spend anywhere near this. Free movie editing tools are available, and burning the DVDs is cheap. I know people who edit in their spare time, and do just as good of a job as you'd see on TV.

austin356
07-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I agree, and I think this would be a grassroots action. They need not actually distribute or burn a single disc. All they need to to is make something professional for all to use and distribute. Hell, It may even be cheaper doing it this way than having dozens of different users spend their opportunity cost making lots of good, but not extremely professional vids.

Its kinda like property development. If you build a $10m road through the right piece of undeveloped land, it will bring in $1b in investment as a result of the road. And since there is no profit possibilities here, then nobody with enough resources will build the road.