PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Border Patrol

TurtleBurger
07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56581

Ron Paul denies calling for defunding Border Patrol in '88. Any thoughts on this?

Personally I don't care what RP's position on the Border Patrol is, but I hope he's being straightforward about this. The phrase "I don't recall" has been given some pretty bad connotations by Alberto Gonzales and I don't like hearing it from RP.

Wyurm
07-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I love how they reference things I can't possibly find to verify it. I cant find this CNN questionaire. I wont believe or even consider worrying about anything they say Ron Paul said (or any other candidate as well) unless I can verify it to some degree by actually being able to see the original source.

So when I see an obscure bill from 1998 or a presidential survey from 1988, I do look around quite a bit for it, but when I can't find any copy of it, I discredit it and the news source quoting it.

maiki
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I read in another thread that in 1988 he proposed having the military do border patrol instead of having a separate department of border patrol. If you are going to be non-interventionist, you can save money on border patrol and give the troops some work. :)

DjLoTi
07-10-2007, 05:57 PM
give the troops some work. :)

He's not lying, this is a decent task for the military. lol.

They really.... don't.... do much..... trust me.....

DisabledVet
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
I read in another thread that in 1988 he proposed having the military do border patrol instead of having a separate department of border patrol. If you are going to be non-interventionist, you can save money on border patrol and give the troops some work. :)

After all the military is to DEFEND us...so why not have them...uhhhh DEFEND us...