PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters Have Me Puzzled?

MediaTruthNetwork
05-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Some people just don't get it... talk about media brainwashing:

Ron Paul Supporters Have Me Puzzled?
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread283432/pg1

- Dave

mdh
05-20-2007, 01:46 PM
OK? I'm not really sure how to respond to something like this. These guys are not "truthers", they're hard-core... uhhh... how to put it kindly... "people who believe that islamic extremists had no part in the events of 20010911."

In my experience, people who hold this belief as concretely as this fellow seems to are not open to rational discourse on any subject.

mesler
05-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Some people are just can't be helped. :)

I saw one response to a Ron Paul Bernanke grilling which basically said Ron Paul was a plant by the NWO or something.. Oh my..

tnvoter
05-20-2007, 03:02 PM
whenever someone acuses Ron of being a 9/11 truther, simple solution.

Ask them where they heard Ron say 9/11 was an inside job, and then remind them that "dittoheads", "sheep", "repeaters of only what they hear on tv", are what we as conservatives have always fought, and they should be careful not to participate in slander. Ron Paul's record is easily viewable, and solid - it would not be cool to slander someone like that.

Has worked for me so far, as half the people would say something are usually reasonable-they're just sheeping what they're heard someone say without actually caring enough to look it up themselves. The world is flat!! zomg!!

Ron Paul is nice and open to everyone.

mdh
05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
tnvoter, this guy wasn't saying Ron Paul is a 9/11 Truther. This guy is a "9/11 was an inside job" believer, criticizing Ron Paul for not believing that 9/11 was an inside job.

Brandybuck
05-20-2007, 03:12 PM
What drives me nuts about the Truthers is their insistance that you have to accept 100% of their nuttiness. Reject one, just one, claim of theirs, and you're labelled an insider. They call their claims "questions", yet refuse to listen to answers.

I'll put to rest one claim. Can burning jet fuel melt steel? By itself in isolation, no. But under the right conditions it can. But beyond that, you don't need to melt steel to collapse a building. All you need to do is to weaken steel. It doesn't have to melt, just to weaken enough that it can't support its load. Then one floor of the building collapses. That suddenly drops all the weight of the upper floors on the one below. So it collapses. And then the next and the next. It's called "pancaking", and it's exactly what happened on September 11th.

Did the government cover stuff up? Of course they did! But it's covering up its incompentence, not its conspiracy. Geez, the conspiracists can't even get their stories straight! One group says it's Clinton/Cheney that did it but another says it's the Mossad. The only group that isn't being blamed for 9/11 is al Quaeda!

And so now Ron Paul is being accused as an insider because he won't validate their twisted imaginings. He said that al Quaeda attacked us, when they know that it really was Karl Rove, and so he must be one of the bad guys. Disgusting.

mdh
05-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Ghost of Joseph Stalin did it for the やくざ. End of debate.

Brandybuck
05-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Gaargh, I got my hot button pushed again. Sorry about that. I need to learn to put duct tape over it so it don't go off so much.

I have no problem with anyone holding offbeat and unusual beliefs. But when someone claims that Ron Paul is a government Insider because he thinks al Quaeda was responsible for 9/11, my blood boils!

Melchior
05-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Ghost of Joseph Stalin did it for the やくざ. End of debate.

Mdh, you can read がな? (or is it カナ?) Are you a 日本語 enthusiast by any chance? :p

Therion
05-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Mdh, you can read がな? (or is it カナ?) Are you a 日本語 enthusiast by any chance? :p

All I see are question marks?

Melchior
05-20-2007, 05:15 PM
All I see are question marks?

I think you need to have something installed on your computer to see Japanese characters.