PDA

View Full Version : Which DVD should get another 10K burns?

raille
07-10-2007, 04:10 PM
I intend to do another 10K run of DVDs. Consuming all expense up front to get us the cheap prices. But I need some input and feedback from everyone.

Ok, here is the choice that I am faced with. Do we burn Gig's DVD (with an added menu and footage), or do we burn RohanT's for this run of 10K DVDs.

I don't mind taking a loss on this at all but I have to keep the loss to a minimum in order to continue to provide the service to everyone (I only have a limited amount of funding that I can apply to this since I will be using a corporate line of credit).

In order then to do this, I need to have an idea of whether there are enough people in Iowa wanting to participate to recoup most of the cost on burning the DVDs. If not, it makes more sense to burn the more generic RohanT DVD.

I need as many people as possible to chime in on this. I can only get these prices by buying in massive bulk, and it gives us professionally printed DVDs at bare minimum prices and very quick turn around (with no burning ourselves). And unfortunately, I do not have the funds to seed the project with a run of both DVDs.

So if we let them go in packs of 10 ($5), 50 ($25), 100 ($50), are there enough Iowans (or surrounding areas) willing to pitch in by purchasing a pack, or should we focus nationally.

Remember, once again, this is at cost, I am not making any money off of this, and am willing to give groups/people that can't afford to purchase a pack, a free pack.

But I really need to get everyone's input on how to proceed. Thank you in advance for your input.

Thanks.

beermotor
07-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I think what we need are Iowans to distribute them. These can be purchased nationally quite easily. I'd chip in for 10 of them, set up a paypal ID for the purpose.

mconder
07-10-2007, 04:29 PM
All DVD's to date suck! The campaign should use $100K to produce a professional Ron Paul DVD geared for name recognition and conversion. The DVD's to date are incoherent collages of clips from the mainstream media and debates. Sure the the Ron Paul video clips get us excited because we are already core adherents to the freedom message.

We need a real tool...I can only hope the campaign is listening.

jd603
07-10-2007, 04:31 PM
agreed. I'm roping together high quality video for people to use when creating dvds... i'll have a good handful of hq clips available this week! might be worth waiting a little while before pressing another 10k dvds!

All DVD's to date suck! The campaign should use $100K to produce a professional Ron Paul DVD geared for name recognition and conversion. The DVD's to date are incoherent collages of clips from the mainstream media and debates. Sure the the Ron Paul video clips get us excited because we are already core adherents to the freedom message.

raille
07-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I sent them a note way back when all of this first started, asking them for something professional that we could burn and distribute. They never responded so I am not sure if it was because they were busy, not interested, or had no clue what was going on.

Honestly, I haven't seen the videos yet. I was going to get home tonight and go over them carefully, but had heard positive feedback and so was moving forward on that basis. I may reevaluate my decision on this based on what is there. So far, you are the only one that has voiced a truly negative opinion on either one though.

raille
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
In that case, absolutely. Do you already have someone to do the required editing or are you just collecting video clips to use? I am think I am going to have to sit down and go over everything carefully tonight, because as you say, it may be worth waiting. The 10k burned is a considerable up front expense and I want to put our best foot forward as much as possible.

Btw, now that the campaign has 2.4 million, maybe they will put something together for us... :)

agreed. I'm roping together high quality video for people to use when creating dvds... i'll have a good handful of hq clips available this week! might be worth waiting a little while before pressing another 10k dvds!

Lord Xar
07-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree. I think something professional is key here to give to people.. but the thing is.. we do not have a professional one, and unless something is coming down the pike, what other alternative is there?

There are a few things the campaign could be doing but I feel they are not 'overly' listening to alot of good suggestions... but who am I to say.

Bryan
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
The problem is that DVD's are best when tailored to a specific audience so even $100K won't cut it. Gigaplex's DVD was made for free and specific for Iowa so if these new DVD's aren't meant to go to Iowa it wouldn't make any sense. I haven't seen RohanT work- anyone have a link?

I'm game to help on a new DVDs built on top of what has already been achieved. We do need to get more torrents setup with high-quality source material-- better than youtube, but this seems hard to come by.

Mconder- what would you consider to be good content of a DVD?

jd603
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
videos only, many uncut, so people can cut them and create their own videos.

some are huge though, many Gigs, so that will be a problem to people who dont have real high speed connectivity, i'd be willing to mail some dvd sets out too though...

In that case, absolutely. Do you already have someone to do the required editing or are you just collecting video clips to use? I am think I am going to have to sit down and go over everything carefully tonight, because as you say, it may be worth waiting. The 10k burned is a considerable up front expense and I want to put our best foot forward as much as possible.

Btw, now that the campaign has 2.4 million, maybe they will put something together for us... :)

beermotor
07-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I completely disagree about this "professional" bit. I think grassroots stuff is going to be far more effective in the long run. We're not selling anything fancy here, folks, it's FREEDOM. We should make it look like it.

raille
07-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I can host the video on my servers, and we can torrent it out as well. I don't think we should worry about the few people on dialups. No disrespect, but if they are still on dialup, they aren't likely to be able to help much. Their efforts would be best focused on printed materials.

To upload video content you can go to ftp.ronpaulvideorevolution.com
username: public
password: access

It allows up and downloads, but no deletes to prevent tampering by non RP people.

Maybe someone should call and actually speak to them. They probably don't have a great deal of time for e-mails, and they probably don't realize so many people are willing to put so much cash behind it. Quite frankly, if we can pull this off the right way, it won't matter if we all max out on contributions, we will still be able to keep giving.

some are huge though, many Gigs, so that will be a problem to people who dont have real high speed connectivity, i'd be willing to mail some dvd sets out too though...

nayjevin
07-10-2007, 05:52 PM
what are the copyright issues for comedy central, msnbc, fox clips etc and mp3's used? what constitutes fair use, does it apply?

quickmike
07-10-2007, 06:02 PM

I agree 300%

Both of these DVDs look like something that my 18 yr old brother could have done on his laptop. Its just a bunch of youtube videos patched together........ you can do that with Windows Media Maker in about 3 hrs time. Fuzzy pixelated clips that seem to be put in order with no particular theme, sub standard sound. This is fine if you are just entertaining yourself, but if youre trying to impress non RP people, all this is going to do is make them think "damn, this looks like a mickey mouse outfit HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Do you really want this to be the first impression? I know many of you are thinking "geez, youre being a little picky arent you?" I would agree that people are too caught up on image instead of message nowadays, but thats the fact, and to win you have to look at facts, and not your personal bias towards RP and say "well I think theyre good because I like Ron Paul and its good enough for me" Hey, its good enough for me too, but were not trying to convince each other now are we? We are trying to convince a nation of people that like slick production value and professional "look" to something.

I'll admit I dont have the answers to this problem, but I know this isnt the solution.

Bryan
07-10-2007, 06:09 PM

What videos do you have?

RohanT
07-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Must've been b/c I was incoherent when the DVD was made http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsugh.gif

quickmike
07-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Something with RP standing in front of a bunch of waving flags with patriotic founding fathers type classical music playing in the background while talking about freedom and liberty and the constitution in front of a huge crowd of onlookers, then going into a list of his voting record, stances on issues, and all the non govt paid junket and facts about not taking money from lobbyists, his service in the Air Force, being a flight surgeon........... all that good stuff we like about Ron Paul.
Next have endorements segment with a broad range of supporters from republicans, pissed off democrats who dont like the way their party has gone, constitutionalists etc...

Then end it with some kind of message like "Ron Paul has been fighting for our liberty for over 20 years................ Isnt it about time we joined him? Consider a vote for Ron Paul for President in 2008

Something like that. Good production value. Thats what we need.

just an idea:D

Electrostatic
07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
quickmike We could have something kinda like that for the "Mai Performance", but I also think we should get video of some of his actual house speeches and put them under a sub menu

quickmike
07-10-2007, 06:32 PM
quickmike We could have something kinda like that for the "Mai Performance", but I also think we should get video of some of his actual house speeches and put them under a sub menu

Great idea! Now, does anyone know anyone that works as a video producer, or know someone that knows one? :confused:

Nash
07-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I appreciate the effort on this stuff but one thing I didn't like about the Gigaplex DVD was that I thought it was way too long. People who don't know anything about Ron Paul aren't going to watch a 40 minute video to learn about a candidate.

I suggest a really short 5-10 minute overview presentation that gives them all the information they need in a very concise way. Then if you want to maybe include additional videos on the DVD that tackle specific issues and go into more depth.

RohanT
07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I agree 300%

Both of these DVDs look like something that my 18 yr old brother could have done on his laptop. Its just a bunch of youtube videos patched together........ you can do that with Windows Media Maker in about 3 hrs time. Fuzzy pixelated clips that seem to be put in order with no particular theme, sub standard sound. This is fine if you are just entertaining yourself, but if youre trying to impress non RP people, all this is going to do is make them think "damn, this looks like a mickey mouse outfit HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Do you really want this to be the first impression? I know many of you are thinking "geez, youre being a little picky arent you?" I would agree that people are too caught up on image instead of message nowadays, but thats the fact, and to win you have to look at facts, and not your personal bias towards RP and say "well I think theyre good because I like Ron Paul and its good enough for me" Hey, its good enough for me too, but were not trying to convince each other now are we? We are trying to convince a nation of people that like slick production value and professional "look" to something.

I'll admit I dont have the answers to this problem, but I know this isnt the solution.

Quickmike, you're not so quick.

quickmike
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Quickmike, your not so quick.

explain.........

Electrostatic
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Quickmike.. Netwarrior is in my meetup group.. His last vid made it into Ronpaul2008dotcoms favorites the day after it was posted...

Oh, and he has a "fat pipe" server up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

herepamwas
07-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I appreciate the effort on this stuff but one thing I didn't like about the Gigaplex DVD was that I thought it was way too long. People who don't know anything about Ron Paul aren't going to watch a 40 minute video to learn about a candidate.

I suggest a really short 5-10 minute overview presentation that gives them all the information they need in a very concise way. Then if you want to maybe include additional videos on the DVD that tackle specific issues and go into more depth.

I agree it is too long . I have been trying to get my father on the Ron Paul band wagon-(he is a democrat)- and had him sit down and watch Gigaplex's DVD. After about 5 minutes he got up and said "What is this crap! I can't sit through this. I thought this guy was running for president and he couldn't come up with better than that?" :eek: So, needless to say I have to find something short and sweet (and better quality).

Electrostatic
07-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I suggest a really short 5-10 minute overview presentation that gives them all the information they need in a very concise way. Then if you want to maybe include additional videos on the DVD that tackle specific issues and go into more depth..

Yes, I short, to the point well made video with a submenu of interviews, house floor speeches, and such for people impessed enough by the intro to learn more.

quickmike
07-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Quickmike.. Netwarrior is in my meetup group.. His last vid made it into Ronpaul2008dotcoms favorites the day after it was posted...

Oh, and he has a "fat pipe" server up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

Now that looked pretty good !!

Any chance Netwarrior can contact the campaign and set up some shoot time with RP?
I mean, thats what we need, something fresh and well packaged. Very good quality in that one, and it seems someone like Netwarrior would be able to pull something like that off.

The campaign headquarters should be thinking about doing something like this, after all, stuff is starting to happen, and it would be smart to strike now with a real campaing video.

raille
07-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Fair Use. We may use clips so long as those clips do not represent a direct competing product for financial gain. i.e. Their goal is to produce a show, our goal is to spotlight a candidate, 100% fair use. Items that DO NOT qualify as fair use in this type of situation are copyrighted songs. Almost everything else, in this situation is 100% fair use.

what are the copyright issues for comedy central, msnbc, fox clips etc and mp3's used? what constitutes fair use, does it apply?

Electrostatic
07-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Any chance Netwarrior can contact the campaign and set up some shoot time with RP?
I mean, thats what we need, something fresh and well packaged. Very good quality in that one, and it seems someone like Netwarrior would be able to pull something like that off.

The campaign headquarters should be thinking about doing something like this, after all, stuff is starting to happen, and it would be smart to strike now with a real campaing video.

I will point him to this thread ASAP.. Chris

quickmike
07-10-2007, 06:44 PM
I agree it is too long . I have been trying to get my father on the Ron Paul band wagon-(he is a democrat)- and had him sit down and watch Gigaplex's DVD. After about 5 minutes he got up and said "What is this crap! I can't sit through this. I thought this guy was running for president and he couldn't come up with better than that?" :eek: So, needless to say I have to find something short and sweet (and better quality).

Thats what im saying...... we need an official campaign video of short and to the point clean crisp video and audio, with messages that hold your attention.

thats all im saying. Hope i didnt hurt anyones feelings on the videos. Hey, its 300 times better than I could do, but we need pro quality stuff.

Nash
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM

I know he is a member on these boards. I think the Aravoth videos are the best one's I've seen. They are short. They quote Ron Paul. They are emotionally engaging. They have great music. They look professional. They are just plain good.

His video "Ron Paul: Don't Tread on Me" made me cry. I cried watching that thing. I don't cry. I almost cried at my wedding because my wife started crying, and I think I cried like 10 years prior to that when my grandmother died.

So the three things that make me cry

1) My grandmother passing away
2) My wife crying at my wedding
3) Aravoth's Ron Paul videos

Seriously. Dupe those videos. They are amazing.

All of his videos are on this page: http://www.youtube.com/user/aravoth

herepamwas
07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Doooh Why didn't I think of that!!! Great Idea!!!

raille
07-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I also agree with quickmike on how this should play out. In addition, I agree with the person that stated the 5-10 minute intro and a lot of reference material like house speeches. He speaks really well on all of these topics and it is important to show that he has been saying what we all knew, all along.

I attempted to contact an amateur film maker on this, that is a friend and I believed would be supportive of Ron Paul but so far I still have not heard back from him. I need to call him and touch base with him. But at this stage, I am assuming he isn't interested.

Ok, let's do it this way. Instead of focusing on Iowa straw poll, let's hope that every effort succeeds there including the phone campaigning, and simply focus on the National video. This makes more sense as well in general.

Let's get something high quality to work with, and I will put my money into that. I believe this to be a tremendously important project. And so have supported every effort to get it done. And I think at this point we do need to look at getting something very high quality before I put any more into it.

Thank everyone for the input on this and let's keep the discussion going and hopefully contact/find a good video editor. But we need the quality vid clips as well, so please start uploading those right away for anyone that has any. Please don't use any form of lossy compression. Space is not an issue, that server has 1.2 Terrabyte of usable space.

Thanks.

quickmike
07-10-2007, 06:54 PM
RohanT...........

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Sometimes I can be a real ass, and say things exactly the way I see them. Its just we need something pro. Its like that post a few back where the father said "what is this crap?" To me its not crap, but to someone thats not a Ron Paul supporter, hes not being represented well with shoddy video work. I cant make a video worth crap, but I wish I had that skill.

raille
07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I like them as well. But it is important that they only use public domain music. Hard to get the same effect from "Stars And Stripes" as he gets from "American Pie"... :)

I know he is a member on these boards. I think the Aravoth videos are the best one's I've seen. They are short. They quote Ron Paul. They are emotionally engaging. They have great music. They look professional. They are just plain good.

His video "Ron Paul: Don't Tread on Me" made me cry. I cried watching that thing. I don't cry. I almost cried at my wedding because my wife started crying, and I think I cried like 10 years prior to that when my grandmother died.

So the three things that make me cry

1) My grandmother passing away
2) My wife crying at my wedding
3) Aravoth's Ron Paul videos

Seriously. Dupe those videos. They are amazing.

All of his videos are on this page: http://www.youtube.com/user/aravoth

raille
07-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Both Gig and RohanT are to be commended for their effort. And I believe what they did was valuable. It is the base on which we work. The foundation to build the next piece. We know what we like from RohanT's (and there are very good things about it), and we know what we like about Gig's... We are learning as we go, so let's take it to the next level...

Nash
07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I like them as well. But it is important that they only use public domain music. Hard to get the same effect from "Stars And Stripes" as he gets from "American Pie"... :)

Duly noted, maybe aravoth could re-cut these with different music? They are edited really well regardless. Or maybe he could let someone else cut them up whatever.

They are well done and do a really good job of getting the point across and they do it efficiently with a short video.

I know it's really easy for me to be a critic since I'm not the one working really hard on these videos but I just want this campaign to be successful and I think short and sweet is the way to go with getting the message across.

AZ Libertarian
07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
I agree. I think something professional is key here to give to people.. but the thing is.. we do not have a professional one, and unless something is coming down the pike, what other alternative is there?

There are a few things the campaign could be doing but I feel they are not 'overly' listening to alot of good suggestions... but who am I to say.

I'm with you Xar - we need a HIGH GRADE, PROFESSIONAL quality DVD to distribute to those people who would NOT respond well to F2F. Each DVD has it's own 'niche' that it works well in - but TANKS in the other areas. 4 or 5 different types of DVDs for differing audiences targeting them SPECIFICALLY would be a major asset to my army of meetup distributors. I have not seen either of the two DVDs mentioned in the poll - where can I get copies of them? And I'm one of those 'few dial-up' people that some may ridicule, but you'd be astounded at what I've accomplished with this dinosaur! :rolleyes: I'd pay shipping to get more distributable material about Ron. PM me with where to get gigaplex and rohant DVDs if possible. Thanks.

RohanT
07-10-2007, 07:02 PM
RohanT...........

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Sometimes I can be a real ass, and say things exactly the way I see them. Its just we need something pro. Its like that post a few back where the father said "what is this crap?" To me its not crap, but to someone thats not a Ron Paul supporter, hes not being represented well with shoddy video work. I cant make a video worth crap, but I wish I had that skill.

LOL.

You don't have enough merit to hurt my feelings.

herepamwas
07-10-2007, 07:03 PM
And I need something short and sweet to sway my non internet buddys. I figure I can keep working on my dad and he will eventually come around;)

quickmike
07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
LOL.

You don't have enough merit to hurt my feelings.

cool

raille
07-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Ok, let's define our target markets...

Anti-War Republicans
Pro-War Republicans (might be lost cause)
NeoCons (truly lost cause)
Disenfranchised non-voters
Anti-war Democrats
True Conservatives
Libertarians

Can someone add some more? Ideas on how we approach them, etc. Or we could focus on the elimination of corruption, renewing our freedom, etc.... I think avaroth's stuff appeals to almost anyone. Then with the speeches and such, we may be able to hit more in mass.

Don't know... Just throwing some stuff out there...

quickmike
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I like both videos personally but im easy to impress since anything with RP info works for me. Its just there are a LOT of superficial people out there and we need to admit this.

EvoPro
07-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I am one to believe that when people hear the freedom message, it doesn't matter if they are watching a "profesionally made product." It may help, but the message is so strong that it is bullet proof. That's why it's so important that we distribute these dvd's. Getting the message out in any form is more important than anything right now! Please believe in the message and how powerful it is.

RohanT
07-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Both Gig and RohanT are to be commended for their effort. And I believe what they did was valuable. It is the base on which we work. The foundation to build the next piece. We know what we like from RohanT's (and there are very good things about it), and we know what we like about Gig's... We are learning as we go, so let's take it to the next level...

Indeed.

Make no mistake about it: Neither Gig's DVD nor mine especially, were meant for nationwide commercialization. Had the people who are barking in this thread known about this, they might have saved themselves the embarassment.

The only successful strategy for the DVD is one that will utilize product differentiation. This is one monumental task which I don't see happening considering HQ's lack of initiative so far. My suggestion is you find different film producers across the country and work on a single category of DVD independently from each other.

Be proactive & take the initiative. Sending e-mails to HQ begging them to do something is only a waste of webspace bandwith.

herepamwas
07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
We are already Dr. Paul Fans so it is easy for us to watch these DVD's. We need something to convert new people to the cause. I believe in the cause not because I seen some you tube videos. I watched him in the debate and thought that he was different and then went to the internet and goggled him. Not everyone I know especially my older friends and family are gonna be able to sit through a 40 minute video about a man that they have no idea about.

EvoPro
07-10-2007, 07:49 PM
if they stop watching after 10 minutes than they are either hopeless anyway or they are out of time and at least know who he is and what he stands for. Or they are so intrigued they continue to watch. Sounds like a win-win to me. :)

LibertyEagle
07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I know absolutely zero about putting one of these things together. What kind of expertise do we need? 1. Someone good at video production? 2. Perhaps someone versed in Marketing? 3. What else?

What about taking these to the "Take Action" part of this forum and someone much brighter than I on this subject, list the types of people that are needed for this effort. We actually might have them on board here. If we do not, we then will know who we need to hire to get this done. Then, what do we need... high resolution video? --- someone is already collecting that. Then, perhaps a storyboard of what we want to go in the video and a campaign marketing person or two to vett it? Perhaps then it should be very briefly, "market-tested".

What do you think? Is this a way to get this thing rolling? If not, what would you suggest?

Bryan
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok, let's define our target markets...

Anti-War Republicans
Pro-War Republicans (might be lost cause)
NeoCons (truly lost cause)
Disenfranchised non-voters
Anti-war Democrats
True Conservatives
Libertarians

Can someone add some more? Ideas on how we approach them, etc. Or we could focus on the elimination of corruption, renewing our freedom, etc.... I think avaroth's stuff appeals to almost anyone. Then with the speeches and such, we may be able to hit more in mass.

Don't know... Just throwing some stuff out there...

I view the targets more as groups of old vs. young and/or short attention span vs. not. For example, Gigs DVD was not geared towards the audience as the above posters dad.

Otherwise, I agree the format needs to be nailed out. One idea is to have the DVD split up into short issue sections so the user can select to watch what is of interest to them. We can also include some of the aravoth type videos as well.

Bryan
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I know absolutely zero about putting one of these things together. What kind of expertise do we need? 1. Someone good at video production? 2. Perhaps someone versed in Marketing? 3. What else?

What about taking these to the "Take Action" part of this forum and someone much brighter than I on this subject, list the types of people that are needed for this effort. We actually might have them on board here. If we do not, we then will know who we need to hire to get this done. Then, what do we need... high resolution video? --- someone is already collecting that. Then, perhaps a storyboard of what we want to go in the video and a campaign marketing person or two to vett it? Perhaps then it should be very briefly, "market-tested".

What do you think? Is this a way to get this thing rolling? If not, what would you suggest?
If you have the quality source material and the idea of what you want to do then it's not very hard for someone who has some experience under their belt (you can do it on a laptop with Microsoft Movie Maker). It doesn't have to be fancy editing, the key is getting the right storyboard.

BTW- if this keeps momentum (hope it does) we should move it to the Video Project sub-forum and take that over. :)

Bryan
07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Very well said.

Bryan
07-10-2007, 08:31 PM

I'd say that the key is to figure out what material is needed and then get a pro (such as Netwarrior) to shoot that interview.

LibertyEagle
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
One thing that absolutely needs to start happening, if it is not already, is for HQ to hire someone that will be tasked with videoing every single one of his appearances.

LibertyEagle
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I view the targets more as groups of old vs. young and/or short attention span vs. not. For example, Gigs DVD was not geared towards the audience as the above posters dad.

Otherwise, I agree the format needs to be nailed out. One idea is to have the DVD split up into short issue sections so the user can select to watch what is of interest to them. We can also include some of the aravoth type videos as well.

It's my belief that we need something right up front, before the menus, that will grab the audience's attention and make them want to know more. Something short. I'm not sure if this is the right thing, but possibly something like this, with a good voiceover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Fsv7iwZRc

I'm not sure if this is the right thing though, as it certainly would not appeal to those who couldn't stand Reagan. Anyway, you get the idea.

Shatterhand
07-10-2007, 10:08 PM
How about something similar to Ron Paul's Exploratory Announcement Video? That was inspiring, to the point, and he was talking directly to the people. Maybe something similiar, but including outlining his main campaign issues. We need Ron Paul to talk directly to the voters in a 10 minute video.

Netwarrior
07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I will point him to this thread ASAP.. Chris

If you would like a version of my "Why Do You Support Ron Paul" video for the DVD, contact me and let me know. I'd be more than happy to give a DVD "friendly" version.

YouTube version is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

Netwarrior

ronpaulitician
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
I work in the DVD industry. I'm not very tech savvy (I just work on the captions/subtitles), but I think in order to be effective, the DVD should start off with a quick introduction, perhaps a nice 30-second spot, to introduce Ron Paul to the viewer. "I'm Ron Paul, and I'm the champion of the Constitution." (Or whatever RP said when Wolf asked each candidate to introduce themselves at CNN's NH debate.)

It should definitely have a menu where the user can select the different videos. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's fairly easy to do.

Ron Paul at the debates (or do copyright rules apply to these?)
Ron Paul in TV interviews (or do copyright rules apply to these?)
Ron Paul testimonials (Netwarrior!)
Ron Paul compilations (Avaroth!)
Ron Paul on the issues (edit together different Ron Paul quotes on each of the issues)

The DVD should basically replace the kind of information people can find on the internet, the kind of things that get people excited and give them that "I'm not alone in supporting this guy" feeling.

rajibo
07-13-2007, 12:12 AM
I think we can all work together to create a great promotional video for the Ron Paul campaign. However, I think Ron Paul needs to be directly involved in it to be truly effective. By working with RP HQ and creating a solid script, I'm sure Ron would be thrilled to take a couple of hours out of his day to record his views on various topics.

I love all the videos that are available on youtube, but if we created a video where he spoke directly to the voters, incorporating real supporters ala Netwarriors video, along with a brief introduction of the Constitution and how our forefathers thought our country should be run and how it's run now, then end it with a Ron Paul Compilation ala Avaroth's videos, our only issue would be how to distribute it to the greatest amount of Americans. The message speaks for itself. Either you'll support it, or you'll deserve what you get.

Just my thoughts. :cool:

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Gigaplex's DVD was made for free and specific for Iowa

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Gigaplex kicked off a thread to solicit additional funds and stated at the beginning of the thread that someone on the Ron Paul forum had already donated $10,000 to the project and was requesting additional donations

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
I agree 300%

I totally agree. If you’re someone who loves Ron Paul it doesn't matter about quality or arrangement. I can watch repeats of those youtube videos over and over again even if it looks fuzzy but I’m a Ron Paul junkie. Now for someone who doesn't know Ron Paul, say some old lady in Iowa and she sees the first fuzzy clip of Ron Paul on Colbert raising his hand as he abolishes all those precious government departments that she's become so psychologically and maybe physically dependant on without being properly educated about the mechanics of liberty, well for her it will be a turn off.

I think this video will turn many conservative Iowans off who have never heard of Ron Paul. To actually distribute 30,000 of these poorly done amateur videos in Iowa could have a very negative impact on the Ron Paul campaign.

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Something with RP standing in front of a bunch of waving flags with patriotic founding fathers type classical music playing in the background while talking about freedom and liberty and the constitution in front of a huge crowd of onlookers, then going into a list of his voting record, stances on issues, and all the non govt paid junket and facts about not taking money from lobbyists, his service in the Air Force, being a flight surgeon........... all that good stuff we like about Ron Paul.
Next have endorements segment with a broad range of supporters from republicans, pissed off democrats who dont like the way their party has gone, constitutionalists etc...

Then end it with some kind of message like "Ron Paul has been fighting for our liberty for over 20 years................ Isnt it about time we joined him? Consider a vote for Ron Paul for President in 2008

Something like that. Good production value. Thats what we need.

just an idea:D
excellent:cool:

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 01:09 AM

Here’s what the next level should be: Let the pros do it. I think people should get a hold of some professional video producer and hook them directly up with the Ron Paul campaign head quarters and let them work together without our amateur interference to develop a high quality and very personal Ron Paul promo video.

I don't mean to be harsh but amateur quality videos can only do harm to Ron Paul's image and this video is way below amateur. Apparently, over $10,000 was already donated by members on this forum towards that video project and I've seen better quality videos on youtube for free.

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Had the people who are barking in this thread known about this, they might have saved themselves the embarassment.

No one is barking here and no one is embarrassed. They are just Ron Paul supporters giving their honest opinion. That video is bad, really bad. And to think that already more than $10,000 from Ron Paul supporters went towards this project makes no sense. Let the pros do it together with Ron Paul campaign officials.

LizF
07-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Does anyone think Aaron Russo might be willing to be enlisted? Sorry if this seems like a silly suggestion.

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 01:29 AM
I think we can all work together to create a great promotional video for the Ron Paul campaign. However, I think Ron Paul needs to be directly involved in it to be truly effective. By working with RP HQ and creating a solid script, I'm sure Ron would be thrilled to take a couple of hours out of his day to record his views on various topics.

I agree. Get some real pros hooked up with the RP HQ is the way to go. Not only that, HQ has the funding with over 7 million (correction thanks to LibertyEagle: 2.4 million) dollars raised so far. There are professionals out there who are experienced in making campaign promo videos.

Netwarrior
07-13-2007, 01:55 AM
I am a professional cinematographer with 18-years of production experience on everything from feature movies to national commercials for the Air Force Reserve and I make my living doing this stuff full-time. I have all the gear (film and video cameras) and nearly all of the resources. Just need access, campaign approval with a green light, and a little bit of hard cost.

Netwarrior

I agree. Get some real pros hooked up with the RP HQ is the way to go. Not only that, HQ has the funding with over 7 million dollars raised so far. There are professionals out there who are experienced in making campaign promo videos.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 02:07 AM
I agree. Get some real pros hooked up with the RP HQ is the way to go. Not only that, HQ has the funding with over 7 million dollars raised so far. There are professionals out there who are experienced in making campaign promo videos.

Where are you getting this number? They have not raised anything close to this.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 02:08 AM
I am a professional cinematographer with 18-years of production experience on everything from feature movies to national commercials for the Air Force Reserve and I make my living doing this stuff full-time. I have all the gear (film and video cameras) and nearly all of the resources. Just need access, campaign approval with a green light, and a little bit of hard cost.

Netwarrior

That's a great offer, NetWarrior. If you're offering to do this at cost, you might want to contact RP HQ about doing this.

Netwarrior
07-13-2007, 02:16 AM
I've been in touch with some folks who have very close relations to RP HQ. Hopefully, something will happen and will know more. As soon as I do, I'll update in this thread.

Netwarrior

That's a great offer, NetWarrior. If you're offering to do this at cost, you might want to contact RP HQ about doing this.

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 02:43 AM
Where are you getting this number? They have not raised anything close to this.

My mistake...you are correct: it's about 2.4 million dollars

Electric Church
07-13-2007, 02:50 AM

Netwarrior

That's great...I saw one of your vids about the seattle supporters on youtube and I liked it:)