PDA

View Full Version : Condi on Huckabee

Bradley in DC
12-26-2007, 08:21 AM
http://www.politics1.com/index.htm

In a rare foray into the GOP Presidential contest, US Secretary of State Condi Rice publicly took issue with Mike Huckabee's recent article in Foreign Affairs journal in which he accused the Bush Administration of having an "arrogant bunker mentality" on foreign policy. At a Friday news conference in DC, Rice complained: "The idea that somehow this is a go-it-alone policy is just simply ludicrous. One would only have to be not observing the facts, let me say that, to say that this is now a go-it-alone foreign policy." Huckabee responded quickly: "Certainly she has a right to speak out ... I respect her very much ... did she actually read the article or is she reacting as others have to the headlines and to the synopsis that has been printed?" In the article, [B]Huckabee wrote that "American foreign policy needs to change its tone and attitude, open up, and reach out. The Bush Administration's arrogant bunker mentality has been counterproductive at home and abroad. My Administration will recognize that the United States' main fight today does not pit us against the world but pits the world against the terrorists."

idiom
12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Rice would make a wicked VP for RP.

0zzy
12-26-2007, 09:37 PM

What? No. what!?

idiom
12-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Well Condi is pretty hardcore. watch some interviews with her. She has found herself co-opted by Bush but she serves at the pleasure of the President.

Having her on the ticket would make the ticket pretty bullet proof in terms of foreign relations and diplomacy. Plus she might firm up the womens vote, but you would need some polls on that as she is a pretty hard out career woman.

Any the Dems wouldn't have anything to match RP + Rice.

Cept for that whole CFR thing. Is she CFR? I am guessing yes.

islather
12-26-2007, 10:57 PM

:confused:

Original_Intent
12-26-2007, 10:59 PM
No, whether it is true or not, she has too much establilshment dirt under her nails. If she was Paul's VP I would expect every day to be RP's last.

idiom
12-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah that is the big concern. But if RP wants to heal the world then she needs to be in his cabinet and he needs another big gun diplomat as VP.

He has to sell his ability to pull all the troops home and not have the world implode around us.

Malakai0
12-26-2007, 11:51 PM
I thought she is generally accepted as part of the neocon 'crew' that hijacked the white house.

Am I wrong?

angelatc
12-26-2007, 11:56 PM

SHe'd make a wicked VP for Giuliani.

There's even a significant chance she would make history by ending up as First Lady simultaneously with being VP.

dircha
12-27-2007, 12:15 AM
If by wicked you mean wicked evil.

Man from La Mancha
12-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Condi on Huckabee

Yech, now I can't that picture out of my head:p:(

thisisgiparti
12-27-2007, 12:24 AM
As a black woman, a football enthusiast, a lesbian and someone who lives with two liberal gays with teaching positions at Stanford, Condi is an interesting albeit nmixed bag. I wonder sometimes whether she is an Auntie Tom Republican or an ally on the inside who may have staved off potential damage.

For example, we should have gone to war (per the Bush administration) with Iran aleady, but we have not. Perhaps there are a few people towing the line, but also keeping a relative peace. Look at Tony Snow; he was well-liked despite being the White House press secretary.

I find myself liking Condi somewhat, but still being suspicious. A cabinet position might be good; I would love her as a VP, but I know very little about her.

idiom
12-27-2007, 12:48 AM
She was part of the Whitehouse that got Hijacked, not one of the crew doing the hijacking.

She has like 6 PhDs. most of them honorary. She has the credentials to keep up with Ron.

TheEvilDetector
12-27-2007, 01:00 AM

She (Condi) has found herself co-opted by Bush but she serves at the pleasure of the President.

Considering recent white house history, that sounds wrong.

Chester Copperpot
12-27-2007, 01:01 AM

Are you insane? Shes neo-con bitch extraordinare

Chester Copperpot
12-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I thought she is generally accepted as part of the neocon 'crew' that hijacked the white house.

Am I wrong?

NO you are right.. shes a CFR member... Condi = BAD

idiom
12-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Just pitching the idea.

Ann Kobialka
12-27-2007, 01:25 AM
This would have to be checked but I believe she has a paying seat on the board of directors at Chevron or Citco. A little extra income awarded her service about 3 years ago. The rabbit hole just goes on and on Ann