PDA

View Full Version : Petition Signatures for Ohio Needed To Get On the Ballot! ONLY 30HRS LEFT!!!!!!!!!

bigbinc
12-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Presidential candidates in Ohio require a certain number of delegates for the state and each district, to be on the ballot. There are both delegates and alternate delegates. Alternates take the place of the delegates if they fall through- like backups. The delegates for the state are called "at large" delegates, and will represent Dr. Paul at the Republican National Convention if he wins the state of Ohio. The delegates for each district are called district delegates, and will represent Dr. Paul if he wins that particular district. Ron Paul needs a full slate of delegates to be on the ballot in Ohio. These delegates are approved of and voted on by means of petition signatures...which is what we need...

http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/ (http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/)

xCakex
12-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Blimp for grate justice!

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
12-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Bump

shasshas
12-26-2007, 07:09 AM
gosh can we get the signatureS?

ask ask ask ur neighbours! ur cousins cousin! ur car sales man's ex-wife's gardeners dog's collar maker !!!!!!!
ANYBODY!!!!

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 07:24 AM
This is getting desperate. How many signature's do you still need? Get it together Ohio!

tsetsefly
12-26-2007, 07:36 AM
This is getting desperate. How many signature's do you still need? Get it together Ohio!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bradley in DC
12-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Presidential candidates in Ohio require a certain number of delegates for the state and each district, to be on the ballot. There are both delegates and alternate delegates. Alternates take the place of the delegates if they fall through- like backups. The delegates for the state are called "at large" delegates, and will represent Dr. Paul at the Republican National Convention if he wins the state of Ohio. The delegates for each district are called district delegates, and will represent Dr. Paul if he wins that particular district. Ron Paul needs a full slate of delegates to be on the ballot in Ohio. These delegates are approved of and voted on by means of petition signatures...which is what we need...

http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/ (http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/)

According to the rules that were adopted at the last Republican national convention for this one, every Congressional District is awarded three delegates, and there are formulae (ten for each state plus others) for determining the number of At-Large elected and unelected delegates. The final determinations were published here (http://www.gop.com/images/2008_Call_FINAL.pdf).

Rule No. 13
Membership in Convention
Subject to the provisions of Rule No. 16, the membership of the next national
convention shall consist of:

(a) Delegates.
(1) Ten (10) delegates at large from each of the fifty (50) states.
(2) The national committeeman, the national committeewoman and the chairman of the state Republican Party of, each state and American Samoa, the District of Columbia, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
(3) Three (3) district delegates for each Representative in the United States House of Representatives from each state.
(4) Six (6) delegates at large from American Samoa, sixteen (16) delegates at
large from the District of Columbia, six (6) delegates at large from Guam, six (6) delegates at large from the Northern Mariana Islands, twenty (20) delegates at large from Puerto Rico, and six (6) delegates at large from the Virgin Islands; provided, however, that if Puerto Rico shall become a state prior to the next national convention, the number of delegates from Puerto Rico shall be calculated in accordance with the same formula used for the other states.
(5) From each state having cast its electoral votes, or a majority thereof, for the Republican nominee for President of the United States in the last preceding election: four and one-half (4 1/2) delegates at large plus a number of the delegates at large equal to sixty percent (60%) of the number of electoral votes of that state; provided, however, that if Puerto Rico shall become a state prior to the next national convention, it shall be presumed that it would have cast its electoral votes, or a majority thereof, for the Republican nominee in the last preceding election. (In the computation of the number of delegates at large, any sum of the four and one half (4 1/2) plus the sixty percent (60%) representing a fraction shall be increased to the next whole number.) In addition, one (1) delegate at large shall be awarded to a state for any and each of the following public officials elected by such state in the year of the last preceding presidential election or at any subsequent election held prior to January 1 of the year in which the next national convention is held:
(i) A Republican governor, provided that no such additional delegate at large award to any state shall exceed one (1);
(ii) Membership in the Republican Party of at least one-half (1/2) of the Representatives representing a state in the United States House of Representatives; provided that no such additional delegate at large award to any state shall exceed one (1);
(iii) Membership in the Republican Party of a majority of the members of any chamber of a state legislature, if such chamber has been organized, and is presided over (if the presiding officer is elected by the chamber), by Republicans; provided that no such additional delegate at large award to any state shall exceed one (1).
(iv) Membership in the Republican Party of a majority of all
chambers of a state legislature, if all such chambers are presided over (if the presiding officer is elected by the chamber), by a Republican; provided that no such additional delegate at large award to any state shall exceed one (1).
(6) In addition, one (1) delegate at large shall be awarded to a state for any and each Republican United States Senator elected by such state in the six (6) year period prior to January 1 of the year in which the next national convention is held; provided that no such additional delegate at large award to any state shall exceed two (2).
(7) In addition, if the District of Columbia shall have cast its electoral votes, or a majority thereof, for the Republican nominee for President of the United States in the last preceding presidential election: four and one half (4 1/2) delegates at large plus the number of delegates at large equal to thirty percent (30%) of the sixteen (16) delegates at large allotted to the District of Columbia. In the computation of the number of delegates at large, any sum of the four and one half (4 1/2) plus the thirty percent (30%) representing a fraction shall be increased to the next whole number.

Ronnec
12-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Wait, so is this a concern or not? Isn't the campaign working on this.

Do we have to do everything?

BuddyRey
12-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Can only Ohioans add their sig to this petition?

PaulPatriot
12-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Can only Ohioans add their sig to this petition?

Yes and you can only sign in the district in which you vote.

sgrooms
12-26-2007, 09:00 AM
where can people sign?? how many signatures do we need?

if you're going to start a thread about this, at least give us information...

I live in both arizona and ohio, but I am registered to vote in arizona so I doubt I can sign it, but I know many people in Ohio that I can get to go sign it.

If you're from Ohio, Let me know if these cities help.

I can get 10+ Signatures in each of them: Lorain, Elyria, Mentor, Parma, Cleveland, Middleburg Heights, Canton, Painesville, and Willoughby.

Email me or pm me if you still need the help.

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 09:15 AM
B-UUUUU-MMM-Puh!

1913_to_2008
12-26-2007, 09:16 AM
//

sillvergirl
12-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Bump

piotr1
12-26-2007, 09:33 AM
blimp

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 09:36 AM
What the heck is going on in Ohio? I'm hoping that since the Ohio people haven't responded yet, that they're out getting signatures. Hopefully they'll check in and let us know how they're doing.

jesshwarren
12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
^^^^bump

qwerty
12-26-2007, 10:02 AM
where can people sign?? how many signatures do we need?

if you're going to start a thread about this, at least give us information...

I live in both arizona and ohio, but I am registered to vote in arizona so I doubt I can sign it, but I know many people in Ohio that I can get to go sign it.

If you're from Ohio, Let me know if these cities help.

I can get 10+ Signatures in each of them: Lorain, Elyria, Mentor, Parma, Cleveland, Middleburg Heights, Canton, Painesville, and Willoughby.

Email me or pm me if you still need the help.

http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/

Bradley in DC
12-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Isn't the campaign working on this.

Do we have to do everything?

Only the things we want done right! ;)

LukeP
12-26-2007, 04:55 PM
bump.

doesn't look good.

NeoconPaulsupporter
12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
So, 18 hours left. Well, it was a good run.

runningdiz
12-26-2007, 05:08 PM
You think the campaign would have a page for updates and call to action when it comes to getting on the ballot. Luckily Ohio is not until March so its not the end of the world. If we cant get on the ballot how can Huckabee?

tsetsefly
12-26-2007, 05:08 PM
bump, updates????

Mike S.
12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
bump

paulitics
12-26-2007, 05:51 PM
update?

Richie
12-26-2007, 06:22 PM
*blimp*

transistor
12-26-2007, 06:23 PM
c'mon, what's going on here?

Richie
12-26-2007, 06:24 PM
There has to be an update of some sort!

Richie
12-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Let's keep this at the top.

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Hucakbee was placed on the ballot by TPTB, simple as that...

DealzOnWheelz
12-26-2007, 06:33 PM
what is going on here???

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 06:35 PM
You think the campaign would have a page for updates and call to action when it comes to getting on the ballot.

You'd think, wouldn't you?

Curiouser and curiouser by the moment.

RP better start minding his own words, and looking out for enemies very domestic to this campaign.

european
12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/images/counter.swf 10? hours left

Cimbri
12-26-2007, 06:51 PM
bump it all day

ForLibertyFight
12-26-2007, 06:52 PM
bump

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
If we fail to get on the Ohio ballot, there needs to be a horrific and unceasing hue and cry for new blood in Arlington coming from the grassroots.

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 07:01 PM
bump

Hayek's Heroes
12-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Take it easy everybody. I know they're working on it. My wife and I signed on Monday. Wait until they get the final count done.

tsetsefly
12-26-2007, 07:10 PM
If we fail to get on the Ohio ballot, there needs to be a horrific and unceasing hue and cry for new blood in Arlington coming from the grassroots.

agree, those domestic enemies seem to be all running the campaign, no name recognition in iowa, barely getting on some ballots, alienating grassroots...

Sey.Naci
12-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Looks like they may be updating the numbers on the ohio4ronpaul (http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/) site, since the main page appears to be down - try adding 'index-25.php' after the last forward slash.

voytechs
12-26-2007, 07:17 PM
How many signatures do we need?

For EACH petition: (Delegate AND Alternate petitions)...
At-large (Form 2-O): signatures of at least 1,000, but not more than 3,000, qualified electors (volunteers/signatures).
District (Form 2-Q): signatures of at least 50 (each), but not more than 150, qualified electors (volunteers/signatures).
SO: We need 50 in each District, and at least 1,000 overall.

How many do we have as of 2am Tuesday?

*At-large goal: 3000 - 3000 - 2
At-large: 853 - 483 - 0

*CD # goal: 150 - 150 - 2
CD 1: 64 - 12 - 0
CD 2: 144 - 140 - 0
CD 3: 107 - 109 - 0
CD 4: 205 - 205 - 0
CD 5: 79 - 79 - 0
CD 6: 56 - 58 - 0
CD 7: 32 - 32 - 0
CD 8: 103 - 93 - 0
CD 9: 15 - 15 - 0
CD 10: 49 - 49 - 0
CD 11: 17 - 83 - 2
CD 12: 115 - 111 - 0
CD 13: 85 - 0 - 0
CD 14: 152 - 145 - 0
CD 15: 95 - 89 - 0
CD 16: 35 - 35 - 0
CD 17: 88 - 62 - 0
CD 18: 33 - 0 - 1

Looks like 5 districts are short delagates and a lot of alternatives. 150 away from the 1,000 minimum total needed. At least that is as far as I can make sense of all of this. Wow, this is a mess.

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Even if we barely make it on, SOMEBODY HAS GOT TO GO for putting a major state like OH in so much peril, and not posting stuff everywhere for the grassroots people in the mid west so that they would know that they needed to mobilize.

I am telling you, something is very rotten in the State of Virginia (or Denmark, depending on your proclivities for fine literature.)

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 07:28 PM
bump

sgrooms
12-26-2007, 07:36 PM
well ive said i can get nearly 70 signatures and still have not received a pm or email so either they have the numbers, or they REALLY dropped the ball....

tsetsefly
12-26-2007, 07:39 PM
well ive said i can get nearly 70 signatures and still have not received a pm or email so either they have the numbers, or they REALLY dropped the ball....

be proactive because god knows the campaign isnt, contact: http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/

lol imagine what we could accomplish if we didnt have campaign hampering our efforts...

NeoconPaulsupporter
12-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Anyone try emailing some of them for their website?

damon04
12-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Ron Paul Blimp!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveMartin
12-26-2007, 07:49 PM
bump

PRIEST
12-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Grassroots drives this campaign.. don't forget that.

Cyclone177
12-26-2007, 07:55 PM
What is up with this? Is anyone in contact with the Campaign? Whose job is this?

LukeP
12-26-2007, 08:27 PM

You can print off the forms from the website and start collecting signatures. Make sure you watch both youtube videos that are posted on the home page.

itsnobody
12-26-2007, 08:29 PM
I hope he get's on the ballot, looks like there's already over 1,000 signatures

jb4ronpaul
12-26-2007, 08:41 PM
in ohio we are going to ask people to send in their petitions no later than thursday VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS SERVICE PLEASE. No regular mail. Details on the website soon.

www.ohio4ronpaul.com

please note the status numbers on the website are not up to date because we are too busy, but we are tracking.

We will not turn in the petitions until Jan 3, so if you want to continue to circulate a new copy of a petition you can, but please get in what you have tomorrow so it can be counted and validated.

walt
12-26-2007, 08:41 PM
What is up with this? Is anyone in contact with the Campaign? Whose job is this?

a person who is sadly clueless - why kent Snyder or Ron Paul himself isn't demanding daily reports and accountibility is beyond me.

jb4ronpaul
12-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Even if we barely make it on, SOMEBODY HAS GOT TO GO for putting a major state like OH in so much peril, and not posting stuff everywhere for the grassroots people in the mid west so that they would know that they needed to mobilize.

I am telling you, something is very rotten in the State of Virginia (or Denmark, depending on your proclivities for fine literature.)

what i saw is that the campaign is of course in charge of ballot access, but they did not know really how to communicate with and use the resources of the grassroots. keep working on those signatures in Ohio and we will be ok.

spivey378
12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
where do we need help? what counties????

jb4ronpaul
12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
You can print off the forms from the website and start collecting signatures. Make sure you watch both youtube videos that are posted on the home page.

Hi, what district? Please do not wait for someone to contact you, everything should be available on the website to get started.

thanks

noztnac
12-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Send a Ron Paul shirt to Kelly Pavlik, Middleweight champion of the world from Youngstown Ohio.

paulitics
12-26-2007, 09:11 PM
This stuff gives me ulcers. Must get on ballot.

ChristopherBearkat
12-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I thought Ohio was OK?

Eric21ND
12-26-2007, 09:59 PM
what i saw is that the campaign is of course in charge of ballot access, but they did not know really how to communicate with and use the resources of the grassroots. keep working on those signatures in Ohio and we will be ok.

Send out a mass message on myspace, facebook, email, or gee maybe post something on the campaign website with I don't words to the effect of Ohio, Ballot, Urgent in the title.

Is that really that hard to do?

Richie
12-26-2007, 10:21 PM
bump

Ronin
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
...they did not know really how to communicate with and use the resources of the grassroots.

They can pull donor's email addys based on their state. They did it for Virginia 2-3 weeks before signatures were due. This should be a lesson to other states.

gb13
12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
bump

ssforronpaul
12-26-2007, 11:20 PM
They did send it to donors, but it was on dec. 20 and I haven't really been paying alot of attention since a couple days after the teaparty. Been doing Christmas stuff. I came on here and saw this thread and decided to look at my e-mail. I have went out for signatures before on other issues involved in my community and have now contacted my coordinator in cd7.

A copy of the letter below from Paul campaign:

December 20, 2007

Get Ballot Signatures for Ron Paul
Ohio4RonPaul is your resource for all information pertaining to the petition drive to get Ron Paul on the ballot in Ohio. We need your help, and we need it now.

Our campaign needs as many people who can carry a petition to gather and record signatures before the clock runs out. We have until Thursday, Dec. 27, 2007 to get all of the required signatures for Ron Paul to get on the ballot in Ohio.

You'll find the following information on our Ohio ballot access website:

• Delegate overview
• Petition overview
• Downloadable petitons for all the congressional districts and at large delegates
• Our own Ohio guide instructing novice petitioners on the process
• The Countdown clock for Victory and much, much more

This site is brand new and we will be adding more daily!

Expect Success!

Maryanne Petranek
Ohio Ballot Access Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

Eric21ND
12-26-2007, 11:23 PM
1 week before the deadline and over christmas no less...ugh!

PatriotOne
12-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Ugggggh....just when I got to breathe a sigh of relief about Rhode Island getting theirs in on time.

I got faith though...Grassroots have not let us down yet!

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-26-2007, 11:29 PM
copy my signature and use as your own!!! but i mean this is making me queezy!

jb4ronpaul
12-26-2007, 11:54 PM
we have a good plan in place in ohio now, if everyone keeps working hard getting signatures we will be ok. we need to avoid things like despair, I give up, this is all the campaigns fault, etc. many people will end up working very hard right through the Christmas season, but it will pay off. we going to submit the signatures in ohio on jan 3, the deadline on the website is for when we want them back to us to examine. It gives us time to react and fix problems.

NeoconPaulsupporter
12-26-2007, 11:58 PM
we have a good plan in place in ohio now, if everyone keeps working hard getting signatures we will be ok. we need to avoid things like despair, I give up, this is all the campaigns fault, etc. many people will end up working very hard right through the Christmas season, but it will pay off. we going to submit the signatures in ohio on jan 3, the deadline on the website is for when we want them back to us to examine. It gives us time to react and fix problems.

Oh...So the countdown timer isn't for when they have to be presented to get on the ballot?

jb4ronpaul
12-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh...So the countdown timer isn't for when they have to be presented to get on the ballot?

correct, because we need time to count, validate, and fix problems. the actual final deadline is jan 4, but we want to submit on jan 3, again so we have 24 hrs to fix problems. again i am confident the plan we have will work if we all keep pushing hard and doing what we need to do right up until the submission deadline.

NeoconPaulsupporter
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM
correct, because we need time to count, validate, and fix problems. the actual final deadline is jan 4, but we want to submit on jan 3, again so we have 24 hrs to fix problems. again i am confident the plan we have will work if we all keep pushing hard and doing what we need to do right up until the submission deadline.

Oh damn, heh. That's a different story, then. From reading posts on here I had the impression the final deadline was tommorow. Glad to hear that isn't so. Well, good luck and good job guys.

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-27-2007, 12:11 AM
im not so queezy anymore!!!!

greendiseaser
12-27-2007, 12:22 AM
i just got sick reading that.
LETS GET THIS SHIT TOGEATHER!

AGHhHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
::wipes forhead after nearly fainting::

Hook
12-27-2007, 12:25 AM
So how do we get in contact with HQ and compell them to place all ballot access deadlines on a page on their website? We are having more F-ups than is acceptable, and we need some immediate accountability.

alienpyro
12-27-2007, 03:25 AM
bump

Richie
12-27-2007, 10:17 AM
bumpity bump

iAmerican
12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
1 week before the deadline and over christmas no less...ugh!

Someone dropped the ball in Ohio. On November 5, 2007 I received an e-mail stating that delegates were needed for certain congressional districts and my district needed 2 males and one female. I immediately responded with the required info, along with a male friend of mine. That would have taken care of the 2 males needed.

I received nothing until November 20, when another e-mail was sent out stating again that Ohio was in dire need of delegates, at which time I replied again.

I was finally contacted and asked for my info (which I had sent twice already) then I never heard another thing.

Shame.

Richie
12-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Sorry to keep bumping this, but it has to stay on top. Any updates?

Ozwest
12-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I read on another thread that they have all the signatures required, barr one congressional district.

Almost there!:D

tsetsefly
12-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Someone dropped the ball in Ohio. On November 5, 2007 I received an e-mail stating that delegates were needed for certain congressional districts and my district needed 2 males and one female. I immediately responded with the required info, along with a male friend of mine. That would have taken care of the 2 males needed.

I received nothing until November 20, when another e-mail was sent out stating again that Ohio was in dire need of delegates, at which time I replied again.

I was finally contacted and asked for my info (which I had sent twice already) then I never heard another thing.

Shame.

HQ has done this in a couple of states already...

Richie
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I read on another thread that they have all the signatures required, barr one congressional district.

Almost there!:D

Argh! It's torturous!