PDA

View Full Version : How do you introduce people to RP?

Chao
12-26-2007, 02:18 AM
I've been trying to introduce Ron Paul to some of my family members and I get the same response a lot of the time: "Why are you voting for him? Never heard of him." Then I try to briefly explain some positions he has and they don't seem to be at all interested. Should I show them some of the more popular videos of him on youtube? Tell them about his fundraising? Is there a certain speech/setup you use when introducing him to new people?

xCakex
12-26-2007, 02:42 AM
The videos have personally been very effective in turning me to RP!

microsect
12-26-2007, 02:52 AM
The videos have personally been very effective in turning me to RP!

Yes the videos are working well for me. Burn some Ron Paul videos to a DVD and showed them. I just converted my GF to Ron Paul using this technique :)

Chauncy
12-26-2007, 02:57 AM
nt

european
12-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Asking questions is always a good thing to do in my opinion. That forces them to think. You can also steer their answers rather simply. Some examples:
What do you think of our young people dying in iraq in that neverending war? [answer] [your explenation about ron paul]
Do you know how many months we all work to just pay our yearly taxes? [answer, prolly first time they ever look at this issue like that] [your explenation about ron paul]

These are just 2 examples, guess its best to have as topic those issues that the person you are talking with is interested in.

theseus51
12-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Yeah, videos are the easiest, in my experience.

RonPizzle
12-26-2007, 03:07 AM
You just gotta be real and tell them why you are voting for him. You also need to know his stance and his reason for it because people will ask you about the issue/area they care the most about. You can't go wrong with anti-war message, the anti-federal government message (states' or people's rights), or the smart fiscal policy message. These are the main three that I have been shooting out. Then I let the person ask their question. Generally, most of those personal questions are answered by following the tenth amendment of the constitution, or power back to local governments to people who know your area and issues better than some guy in an office three thousand miles away.

Videos are effective, but not as effective as a real person telling ya. It's more effective if you do it and you may learn more.

microsect
12-26-2007, 03:09 AM
A lot of people response well to the Tonight show with Jay Leno interview and the Ron Paul new hope video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZyHoAPL3M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

bbachtung
12-26-2007, 03:15 AM
The videos are awesome, especially anything by aravoth (a fellow Oregonian).

Ask them who they are voting for, then talk about what you like about their candidate, followed by a "but Ron Paul would . . .."

enjoiskaterguy
12-26-2007, 04:47 AM
this is an easy question.

This is how....You show them the documentary America: Freedom to Fascism

xCakex
12-26-2007, 05:39 AM
I usually try to tell one senior at my high school a day. I usually say something along the lines of: Ron Paul is a ten term congressman from Texas. In those twenty years he has never voted to raise taxes, and never voted for a pay raise--he doesn't even participate in the congressional pension program this shows that tells us that he is trustworthy and won't sell us out for oil companies like Bush. He is the only Republican candidate that voted against the Iraq war and against the PATRIOT Act! you know the act that permits torture and spying on you and countless innocent people around the world. He voted against it then and still fights it now while trying to restore Heabeus Corpus, which Hillary or Edwards didn't do. In fact Hillary has stated in debates that she wouldn't remove troops from Iraq until 2013. None of the Republicans will do it, and the democrats can't do it. If you want the war to end within your lifetime and keep A LOT money in your pockets vote for Ron Paul. I change it up depending on the person I talk to. I live in a small town so I know a lot of the kids and what's important to them. I use this on a lot of my left friends.